Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Free Mtg testing sites

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Free Mtg testing sites
Rabid Wo1f
posted February 27, 2013 10:57 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Rabid Wo1f Click Here to Email Rabid Wo1f Send a private message to Rabid Wo1f Click to send Rabid Wo1f an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Rabid Wo1f's Have/Want ListView Rabid Wo1f's Have/Want List
So i have always tested on cockatrice because its free. They are going through some legal issues and i don't know of any other websites where i can playtest vs real people. Anybody know of any sites?

xaretnapx
posted February 27, 2013 03:53 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for xaretnapx Click Here to Email xaretnapx Send a private message to xaretnapx Click to send xaretnapx an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View xaretnapx's Have/Want ListView xaretnapx's Have/Want List
Hmmm, cockatrice worked fine for me last week. I know some people around here that test on Lackey instead, i never got around to checking it out yet tho.

I just saw where cockatrice was shut down, that really sucks. Anyways, i just went and checked out LackeyCCG and it is pretty similar, kind of a pain to set up, but i was able to get it going.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by xaretnapx on February 27, 2013]

Devonin
posted February 27, 2013 05:29 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Devonin Click Here to Email Devonin Send a private message to Devonin Click to send Devonin an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Devonin's Have/Want ListView Devonin's Have/Want List
Magic Workstation

Zeckk
posted February 27, 2013 05:51 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Zeckk Click Here to Email Zeckk Send a private message to Zeckk Click to send Zeckk an Instant MessageVisit Zeckk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Zeckk's Have/Want ListView Zeckk's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Devonin:
Magic Workstation

MWS is such a pain in the ass, crashes all the time. The crashes wouldn't be a huge deal if you could simply log back in to a current test match the way you could with cockatrice.

Rabid Wo1f
posted February 27, 2013 08:42 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Rabid Wo1f Click Here to Email Rabid Wo1f Send a private message to Rabid Wo1f Click to send Rabid Wo1f an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Rabid Wo1f's Have/Want ListView Rabid Wo1f's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by xaretnapx:
Hmmm, cockatrice worked fine for me last week. I know some people around here that test on Lackey instead, i never got around to checking it out yet tho.

I just saw where cockatrice was shut down, that really sucks. Anyways, i just went and checked out LackeyCCG and it is pretty similar, kind of a pain to set up, but i was able to get it going.

So it's similar overall? I.e setup and how to update and what not?

xaretnapx
posted February 28, 2013 04:25 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for xaretnapx Click Here to Email xaretnapx Send a private message to xaretnapx Click to send xaretnapx an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View xaretnapx's Have/Want ListView xaretnapx's Have/Want List
It was a pain in the ass to set up honestly, i had to call a buddy of mine and have him walk me through it, and i am pretty computer literate, but i was able to do it. Basically, you need to dl and install it, then google angelfiremtg and copy the high res card image link, then paste it into the preferences section of lackey. For some reason i had to do this step 5 times, then after that you click on the link in the preferences tab that says download missing card images. This will take a while to finish downloading the missing images, but once it's finished you are done and may start playing.

MeddlingMage
posted February 28, 2013 04:58 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MeddlingMage Click Here to Email MeddlingMage Send a private message to MeddlingMage Click to send MeddlingMage an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MeddlingMage's Have/Want ListView MeddlingMage's Have/Want List
I just signed up for cockatrice, like last week. I saw this and went to the site, and this was what I saw:

quote:
Lady J, Global Mod

As you probably noticed by now, the main Cockatrice server has been taken down. This is due to a legal dispute with Hasbro. Little is known right now, but I'll just relay the info given by Brukie.

~MM

New keeper of the Logout button

Zeckk
posted February 28, 2013 06:06 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Zeckk Click Here to Email Zeckk Send a private message to Zeckk Click to send Zeckk an Instant MessageVisit Zeckk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Zeckk's Have/Want ListView Zeckk's Have/Want List
There are alternate servers already up. I suggest play.woogerworks.com.

Rabid Wo1f
posted February 28, 2013 09:37 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Rabid Wo1f Click Here to Email Rabid Wo1f Send a private message to Rabid Wo1f Click to send Rabid Wo1f an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Rabid Wo1f's Have/Want ListView Rabid Wo1f's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Zeckk:
There are alternate servers already up. I suggest play.woogerworks.com.

thanks for the help so far guys. I also tried mws and it is terrible. i'll try woogerworks next

JoshSherman
posted February 28, 2013 10:15 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for JoshSherman Click Here to Email JoshSherman Send a private message to JoshSherman Click to send JoshSherman an Instant MessageVisit JoshSherman's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View JoshSherman's Trade Auction or SaleView JoshSherman's Trade Auction or Sale
Skype with proxies? That doesn't seem awful to me. I could be wrong.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League