Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Urza Tron

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Urza Tron
A1phaMale
posted February 21, 2013 09:54 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for A1phaMale Click Here to Email A1phaMale Send a private message to A1phaMale Click to send A1phaMale an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View A1phaMale's Have/Want ListView A1phaMale's Have/Want List
Are any of these three cards (tower, mine, power plant) currently playable and are expected to increase in value in the near future?

Aznopium
posted February 21, 2013 10:07 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Aznopium Click Here to Email Aznopium Send a private message to Aznopium Click to send Aznopium an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Aznopium's Have/Want ListView Aznopium's Have/Want List
it's in Tron in Modern

so yeah, it is playable

EDIT: It carries a bit more demand during Modern Season. s

Besides that, it goes back to down to the usual generic $0.25-$0.50 for WB Versions.
1.00 to 2.00 for AQ versions.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Aznopium on February 21, 2013]

enduringideal
posted February 21, 2013 10:07 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for enduringideal Click Here to Email enduringideal Send a private message to enduringideal Click to send enduringideal an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View enduringideal's Have/Want ListView enduringideal's Have/Want List
They are played in Modern in different Tron deck variations. As far as value I doubt they will go up significantly due to being reprinted many times.

AEther Storm
posted February 21, 2013 10:39 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AEther Storm Click Here to Email AEther Storm Send a private message to AEther Storm Click to send AEther Storm an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AEther Storm's Have/Want ListView AEther Storm's Have/Want List
I'm not sure if it's played much, but if you are interested in acquiring these LMK, I have the AQ versions complete and available if you feel like pimping

Volcanon
posted February 21, 2013 03:59 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aznopium:
it's in Tron in Modern

so yeah, it is playable

EDIT: It carries a bit more demand during Modern Season. s

Besides that, it goes back to down to the usual generic $0.25-$0.50 for WB Versions.
1.00 to 2.00 for AQ versions.

Foils can get fairly pricey, though, since they were only foil in 8E and 9E.

caquaa
posted February 21, 2013 05:03 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
yah, I thought AQ 12x sets might be worth something given the popularity of tron, but last I checked they were $12-15. Was somewhat surprised given the prices of things like karn and oblivion stone.

Aznopium
posted February 21, 2013 07:48 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Aznopium Click Here to Email Aznopium Send a private message to Aznopium Click to send Aznopium an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Aznopium's Have/Want ListView Aznopium's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Volcanon:
Foils can get fairly pricey, though, since they were only foil in 8E and 9E.

+1
yep, the foils can definitely be pricey!

i was speaking more on the regular run of the mill Chronicle (eek) ones.

quote:
Originally posted by caquaa:
yah, I thought AQ 12x sets might be worth something given the popularity of tron, but last I checked they were $12-15. Was somewhat surprised given the prices of things like karn and oblivion stone.

yeah, i have a set, thought bout selling it on ebay, but saw the same thing.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Aznopium on February 21, 2013]

choco man
posted February 21, 2013 10:29 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for choco man Click Here to Email choco man Send a private message to choco man Click to send choco man an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View choco man's Have/Want ListView choco man's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by caquaa:

since they're "cheap," only a matter of time before someone hoards up the entire online stock

nylarotep
posted February 22, 2013 11:33 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for nylarotep Click Here to Email nylarotep Send a private message to nylarotep Click to send nylarotep an Instant MessageVisit nylarotep's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nylarotep's Have/Want ListView nylarotep's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by choco man:
since they're "cheap," only a matter of time before someone hoards up the entire online stock

Dubious, these lands have a million printings

choco man
posted February 22, 2013 11:39 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for choco man Click Here to Email choco man Send a private message to choco man Click to send choco man an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View choco man's Have/Want ListView choco man's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by nylarotep:
Dubious, these lands have a million printings

it was only a fun poke at the recent trend in modern cards.

all in jest. i kid, because i love

Mr.C
posted February 22, 2013 01:26 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.C Click Here to Email Mr.C Send a private message to Mr.C Click to send Mr.C an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Mr.C's Have/Want ListView Mr.C's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by choco man:

I'm sure someone has thought about it, but easier done with Marrow Gnawer than An AQ C4...

flophaus
posted February 22, 2013 01:49 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for flophaus Click Here to Email flophaus Send a private message to flophaus Click to send flophaus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I think the boat's already been missed on the Urza-Tron. They used to be WAYYY cheaper. I was gonna pick up a few playsets to recreate some old decks I used to casually play and I was pretty shocked at the price tag.

mm1983
posted February 22, 2013 10:25 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for mm1983 Click Here to Email mm1983 Send a private message to mm1983 Click to send mm1983 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mm1983's Have/Want ListView mm1983's Have/Want List
I think Urzatron is closer to .75 to $1 per land depending on set. Chronicles is cheaper than 8th or 9th versions. I believe AQ is anywhere from $1.50 to $2 per land.

xkin
posted February 23, 2013 06:23 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for xkin Click Here to Email xkin Send a private message to xkin Click to send xkin an Instant MessageVisit xkin's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View xkin's Have/Want ListView xkin's Have/Want List
So what the good price for a complete foil Tron land set between 8th & 9th ed. 12 foil in NM condition & also have one tron mine in Russia, what is worth ?

thanks.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League