Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Anyone playing aggro loam this modern?

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Anyone playing aggro loam this modern?
ASiebert
posted January 16, 2013 12:26 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for ASiebert Click Here to Email ASiebert Send a private message to ASiebert Click to send ASiebert an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
If you are, can you break me down bad match-ups, really good match-ups and maybe a list?

I've been wanting to play something other than pod / jund :O

Thanks ahead of time

Zeckk
posted January 16, 2013 03:03 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Zeckk Click Here to Email Zeckk Send a private message to Zeckk Click to send Zeckk an Instant MessageVisit Zeckk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Zeckk's Have/Want ListView Zeckk's Have/Want List
A lot of 50/50 matchups, including pod, jund (games 2/3 are incredibly sideboard dependant), affinity, and faeries. You are at a disadvantage against tron, zoo, splinter twin, storm (though it gets better after board), bogle.dec, scapeshift (again gets better after board), burn, U/W tempo, and goblins. No real superior game 1s against the field, though UWR tempo can be a breeze if you stick a flame jab on their initial threats.

I personally stopped playing it after deathrite became shoved into every deck that could possibly support it, since jab didn't effectively deal with it, and you don't always have a pyroclasm or bolt available.

EDIT- if you are interested in staying with a R/G/x base, I can ship you a decent Zoo Moon list that does very well against a developed meta.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Zeckk on January 16, 2013]

ASiebert
posted January 16, 2013 03:42 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for ASiebert Click Here to Email ASiebert Send a private message to ASiebert Click to send ASiebert an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zeckk:
A lot of 50/50 matchups, including pod, jund (games 2/3 are incredibly sideboard dependant), affinity, and faeries. You are at a disadvantage against tron, zoo, splinter twin, storm (though it gets better after board), bogle.dec, scapeshift (again gets better after board), burn, U/W tempo, and goblins. No real superior game 1s against the field, though UWR tempo can be a breeze if you stick a flame jab on their initial threats.

I personally stopped playing it after deathrite became shoved into every deck that could possibly support it, since jab didn't effectively deal with it, and you don't always have a pyroclasm or bolt available.

EDIT- if you are interested in staying with a R/G/x base, I can ship you a decent Zoo Moon list that does very well against a developed meta.

That sounds pretty interesting. I'd love to see the list

Funkiefrog
posted January 18, 2013 09:01 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Funkiefrog Click Here to Email Funkiefrog Send a private message to Funkiefrog Click to send Funkiefrog an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I will 2nd to that it's mostly about 50/50 matchups

ASiebert
posted January 18, 2013 03:37 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ASiebert Click Here to Email ASiebert Send a private message to ASiebert Click to send ASiebert an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I think the matchups are a little better playing smallpox...

here is a list I'm working on.

Been testing this on MODO for a little while... Seems decent, but I feel it's missing something. Any suggestions?
4 Verdant Catacombs
1 Tectonic Edge
4 Graven Cairns
1 Tectonic Edge
2 Blood Crypt
4 Blackcleave Cliffs
4 Liliana of the Veil
1 Mountain
1 Misty Rainforest
1 Swamp
2 Raging Ravine
1 Overgrown Tomb