Magic Discussion
  Birds of paradise (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Birds of paradise
wild-ravager
posted January 25, 2013 07:47 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for wild-ravager Click Here to Email wild-ravager Send a private message to wild-ravager Click to send wild-ravager an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View wild-ravager's Have/Want ListView wild-ravager's Have/Want List
How long do y'all think it will be before they are reprinted

evilempire22
posted January 25, 2013 07:53 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for evilempire22 Click Here to Email evilempire22 Send a private message to evilempire22 Click to send evilempire22 an Instant MessageVisit evilempire22's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View evilempire22's Have/Want ListView evilempire22's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by evilempire22:

Speed Demon

You are looking for this post:

http://classic.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/025787.html

--Evil

Please let moderators deal with things instead of assuming that people have no right to make their own threads. Please don't call people names for making threads about things.

[Edited 3 times, lastly by Tha Gunslinga on January 26, 2013]

wild-ravager
posted January 25, 2013 08:07 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for wild-ravager Click Here to Email wild-ravager Send a private message to wild-ravager Click to send wild-ravager an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View wild-ravager's Have/Want ListView wild-ravager's Have/Want List
Why would I be looking for that post when it was nothin to do with what I asked

Bugger
posted January 25, 2013 08:11 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bugger Click Here to Email Bugger Send a private message to Bugger Click to send Bugger an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wild-ravager:
Why would I be looking for that post when it was nothin to do with what I asked

...because its the post for magic stuff?

In other words, it has everything to do with the topic. The PfMS is a post for general magic conversation. To minimize spam and redundant and/or cluttering threads, generally try to post minor things like "does anyone think bop will be reprinted" there. It's what it's for.

Please let moderators deal with things instead of assuming that people have no right to make their own threads.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Tha Gunslinga on January 26, 2013]

xxxcryoserumxxx
posted January 25, 2013 08:11 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for xxxcryoserumxxx Click Here to Email xxxcryoserumxxx Send a private message to xxxcryoserumxxx Click to send xxxcryoserumxxx an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View xxxcryoserumxxx's Have/Want ListView xxxcryoserumxxx's Have/Want List
Hopefully next set. Bird and rancor would be fun to see. And it would be a better choice, to me, then avacyn's pilgrim.

Devonin
posted January 26, 2013 04:14 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Devonin Click Here to Email Devonin Send a private message to Devonin Click to send Devonin an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Devonin's Have/Want ListView Devonin's Have/Want List
I got to watch someone land a turn 2 kill with Enchantress in legacy using BoP, Rancor and Berserk, it was pretty awesome.

Pail42
posted January 26, 2013 06:19 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pail42 Send a private message to Pail42 Click to send Pail42 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Pail42's Have/Want ListView Pail42's Have/Want List
I hope birds doesn't come back any time soon. There are enough 1cmc mana dorks in standard and we already have 2 full sets of dual lands, a set of gates and chromatic lantern.

dwiz
posted January 26, 2013 06:33 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for dwiz Click Here to Email dwiz Send a private message to dwiz Click to send dwiz an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View dwiz's Trade Auction or SaleView dwiz's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by Devonin:
I got to watch someone land a turn 2 kill with Enchantress in legacy using BoP, Rancor and Berserk, it was pretty awesome.

4 damage kill is impressive

skizzikmonger
posted January 26, 2013 07:25 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for skizzikmonger Click Here to Email skizzikmonger Send a private message to skizzikmonger Click to send skizzikmonger an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pail42:
I hope birds doesn't come back any time soon. There are enough 1cmc mana dorks in standard

Arbor Elf sucks, and only GWx decks run Avacyn's Pilgrim. Not reprinting BoP was a dumb idea by Wizards.

marlo213
posted January 26, 2013 08:10 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for marlo213 Send a private message to marlo213 Click to send marlo213 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View marlo213's Have/Want ListView marlo213's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by skizzikmonger:
Arbor Elf sucks, and only GWx decks run Avacyn's Pilgrim. Not reprinting BoP was a dumb idea by Wizards.

I don't know, I always thought BoP was kind of out of place, iconic, but out of place. I think they should print a ground dude with no power and have a draw back if you are making black or blue

Pail42
posted January 26, 2013 08:15 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pail42 Send a private message to Pail42 Click to send Pail42 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Pail42's Have/Want ListView Pail42's Have/Want List
quote:

Gxx decks would work better with BoP instead of Arbor Elf or Avacyn's Pilgrim, but the Gxx decks are already working fine.

Both Arbor Elf and Avacyn's Pilgrim were main-decked 4x in top 16 decks at the last GP. These creatures are "good enough", and the addition (or substitution) of Birds would only push the meta further toward the green splash which would be bad for the format overall.

quote:
Originally posted by marlo213:
I don't know, I always thought BoP was kind of out of place, iconic, but out of place. I think they should print a ground dude with no power and have a draw back if you are making black or blue

Agreed. A rare like BoP should be better than something like Llanowar Elves, but isn't tapping for any color already better enough?

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Pail42 on January 26, 2013]

caquaa
posted January 26, 2013 10:42 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by marlo213:

this is what someone (MaRo?) posted when BoP was on the chopping block the last time but barely made it. They like what the card does for the game but don't feel it fits green. I think it'll end up being back because the only way they'd be able to get around that is continue to print avacyn's pilgrim type stuff. Llanowar elves aren't interesting enough, giving me more green when I already have green is meh.

implode
posted January 26, 2013 12:09 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for implode Click Here to Email implode Send a private message to implode Click to send implode an Instant MessageVisit implode's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View implode's Have/Want ListView implode's Have/Want List
I really feel strongly about liking BOP...Utopia Tree is lame my comparison.

ermabwed
posted January 26, 2013 01:48 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ermabwed Click Here to Email ermabwed Send a private message to ermabwed Click to send ermabwed an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ermabwed's Have/Want ListView ermabwed's Have/Want List
Still it would be nice (for highlander formats particularly) to see BOP stay away for a while to make room for something like Avacyn's Pilgrim/Elves of Deep Shadow for red and blue.

WeedIan
posted January 26, 2013 02:15 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
Dragon's gate or not for a while.

2nd in posts in Canada
10th in posts on MOTL
5th in Refs in Ontario
Pushing to get to top 100 in MOTL Refs

revenger
posted January 26, 2013 08:15 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for revenger Click Here to Email revenger Click to send revenger an Instant MessageVisit revenger's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View revenger's Have/Want ListView revenger's Have/Want List
Die BOP Die!!!

33rd in refs on Motl!

#1 Ref's for Arizona!

I offer 3rd party trading services. Email if interested.

wild-ravager
posted January 26, 2013 09:16 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for wild-ravager Click Here to Email wild-ravager Send a private message to wild-ravager Click to send wild-ravager an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View wild-ravager's Have/Want ListView wild-ravager's Have/Want List
Don't get me wrong I love bop and if the deck called for it I'd play him but also I play bug midrange in standard (till I finish omnidoor) and having bop would make things much easier

Devonin
posted January 27, 2013 07:37 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Devonin Click Here to Email Devonin Send a private message to Devonin Click to send Devonin an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Devonin's Have/Want ListView Devonin's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by dwiz:
4 damage kill is impressive

Multiple berserks stack multiplicatively

Link139232
posted January 27, 2013 02:02 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Link139232 Click Here to Email Link139232 Send a private message to Link139232 Click to send Link139232 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Link139232's Have/Want ListView Link139232's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Devonin:
Multiple berserks stack multiplicatively

And you also have 5 mana on turn 2, right?

7 Cards (on the play) - Forest, Birds (5 cards)
6 Cards - Forest, Rancor (4 Cards)

Berserk would be 4, 8, 16, 32, so all 4 cards would have to be Berserks.

Devonin
posted January 27, 2013 02:09 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Devonin Click Here to Email Devonin Send a private message to Devonin Click to send Devonin an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Devonin's Have/Want ListView Devonin's Have/Want List
It was 10 years ago, maybe it was turn 3? ****. It wasn't even my deck, I just watched it played by someone else, cut me some slack :P

My point was, sometimes BoP is badass :P

Link139232
posted January 27, 2013 02:33 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Link139232 Click Here to Email Link139232 Send a private message to Link139232 Click to send Link139232 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Link139232's Have/Want ListView Link139232's Have/Want List
There were probably some Invigorates in there somewhere.

Devonin
posted January 27, 2013 03:36 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Devonin Click Here to Email Devonin Send a private message to Devonin Click to send Devonin an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Devonin's Have/Want ListView Devonin's Have/Want List
There definitely weren't.

Lemme see if I can find out how the actual play went. I'm still friends with the guy who played that deck.

valorale
posted January 27, 2013 07:49 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for valorale Click Here to Email valorale Send a private message to valorale Click to send valorale an Instant MessageVisit valorale's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Hopefully in Dragon's Gate or M14

southparker2002
posted January 27, 2013 08:00 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for southparker2002 Click Here to Email southparker2002 Send a private message to southparker2002 Click to send southparker2002 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View southparker2002's Have/Want ListView southparker2002's Have/Want List
quote:

Arbor Elf wasn't that bad. I used him a lot in mono-green aggro. Plus, why do you think they decided to make Greenside Watcher? Same sort of ability. But they should just reprint Quirion Elves!

[Edited 1 times, lastly by southparker2002 on January 27, 2013]

caquaa
posted January 27, 2013 08:59 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by southparker2002:
Arbor Elf wasn't that bad. I used him a lot in mono-green aggro. Plus, why do you think they decided to make Greenside Watcher? Same sort of ability. But they should just reprint Quirion Elves!

but those elves are terrible. Constructed demands a one drop.

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League