Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Do you ever record opening boosters etc? Maybe win free cards?

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Do you ever record opening boosters etc? Maybe win free cards?
LandDestroyer
posted June 26, 2015 11:51 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
Hey, a buddy linked me to this a week or 2 ago. They are starting to run contests for videos that show the best pulls. I had that video where i opened an entire mma 2015 box and got a foil goyf/clique. well that video won and i got a free Ugin out of it (came in today).

You may want to check out the page and submit your own videos to try and win.

- Chris

https://www.facebook.com/groups/865000443521998/

Tim05
posted June 26, 2015 01:19 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Tim05 Click Here to Email Tim05 Send a private message to Tim05 Click to send Tim05 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Mannn wish I recorded me opening my pack with a Goyf and a foil Karn in the same pack!

LandDestroyer
posted June 26, 2015 02:00 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Tim05:
Mannn wish I recorded me opening my pack with a Goyf and a foil Karn in the same pack!

that would have been sweet. i've got a few other sweet pulls. i need to upload my older videos to youtube.

i only recorded the mma boxes b/c i'd heard about so many misprints if there were lots of errors i wanted them on camera

Rabid Wo1f
posted June 26, 2015 06:13 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Rabid Wo1f Send a private message to Rabid Wo1f Click to send Rabid Wo1f an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LandDestroyer:
that would have been sweet. i've got a few other sweet pulls. i need to upload my older videos to youtube.

i only recorded the mma boxes b/c i'd heard about so many misprints if there were lots of errors i wanted them on camera

I just opened a foil cryptic tonight

LandDestroyer
posted June 26, 2015 07:03 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Rabid Wo1f:
I just opened a foil cryptic tonight

I think that is the only time in history that has been said with a :-(

caquaa
posted June 26, 2015 07:26 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
this would require opening something good... I'm automatically not qualified.

Rabid Wo1f
posted June 26, 2015 10:14 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Rabid Wo1f Send a private message to Rabid Wo1f Click to send Rabid Wo1f an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
I think that is the only time in history that has been said with a :-(

I meant for the contest lol. Yeah I'm super excited that it wasn't dinged.

Vegas10
posted June 26, 2015 10:51 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Vegas10 Click Here to Email Vegas10 Send a private message to Vegas10 Click to send Vegas10 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
The other night at one of my local game store, dude bought 1 pack for the heck of it, pulled a foil Goyf. That never happens to me, I never pull the foil chase rare or mythic of any set.

AGO
posted June 29, 2015 07:18 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AGO Click Here to Email AGO Send a private message to AGO Click to send AGO an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AGO's Trade Auction or SaleView AGO's Trade Auction or Sale
Im lucky if i get a damn rare in the pack! My pulls are terrible. I despise playing sealed because of this!

LandDestroyer
posted August 09, 2015 04:21 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
Well that fb group finally gave me the motivation to start uploading some of my pulls to fb. I've been recording myself opening sealed product for years now but never uploaded them.

https://www.youtube.com/user/LandDestroyer/videos

If I get any subscriptions I'll take that as people actually enjoy watching these videos when they're board...even if to laugh at how bad I sound lol.

So, if you show my channel some love I'll upload the other 50 or so videos I have (probably have 100 total with about half uploaded)

I've got a lot of bad pulls recorded but also a lot of really good ones. Have 1 where I pulled 2 foils in 1 pack, some sweet walkers, some sweet fat packs with multiples of most expensive cards in set, a couple goyfs, etc

[Edited 1 times, lastly by LandDestroyer on August 09, 2015]

dfitzg88
posted August 10, 2015 05:15 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for dfitzg88 Click Here to Email dfitzg88 Send a private message to dfitzg88 Click to send dfitzg88 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well that fb group finally gave me the motivation to start uploading some of my pulls to fb. I've been recording myself opening sealed product for years now but never uploaded them.

If I get any subscriptions I'll take that as people actually enjoy watching these videos when they're board...even if to laugh at how bad I sound lol.

So, if you show my channel some love I'll upload the other 50 or so videos I have (probably have 100 total with about half uploaded)

I've got a lot of bad pulls recorded but also a lot of really good ones. Have 1 where I pulled 2 foils in 1 pack, some sweet walkers, some sweet fat packs with multiples of most expensive cards in set, a couple goyfs, etc

People love watching unboxings, and talking to each other about unboxings. I don't understand it. And yet I watch them...

Open a few cases and you'll have 1 million subscribers in no time.

LandDestroyer
posted August 10, 2015 07:44 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by dfitzg88:
People love watching unboxings, and talking to each other about unboxings. I don't understand it. And yet I watch them...

Open a few cases and you'll have 1 million subscribers in no time.

I opened up 4 boxes of mma last night and the boxes were awful. Didn't even get $700 in RETAIL value. I have no opened about 4 cases and not opened up a single non foil goyf yet i open the same foil rares in every box (3 lodestone, 2 of the same blue, 2 of the same liege, 2 mirran crusader etc etc).

paragondave
posted August 10, 2015 07:52 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
quote:
I opened up 4 boxes of mma last night and the boxes were awful. Didn't even get $700 in RETAIL value. I have no opened about 4 cases and not opened up a single non foil goyf yet i open the same foil rares in every box (3 lodestone, 2 of the same blue, 2 of the same liege, 2 mirran crusader etc etc).

were the 4 boxes all from the same case or from different ones?

LandDestroyer
posted August 10, 2015 08:04 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by paragondave:
were the 4 boxes all from the same case or from different ones?

Same case. I bought 3 cases of MMA all at once. I've opened up 2 of them. No non foil goyfs (1 foil goyf). I've also opened up random boxes and done drafts. Opened up no non foil goyfs.

I had 1 great box, 1 great draft, and everything else has been garbage. Most of my boxes have had only 2 mythics and 2 crap foil rares.

LandDestroyer
posted November 19, 2015 01:15 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
Well, I used that facebook group's contests as motivation to upload videos.

Since I got half a dozen subscribers I've continued buying more packs and recording specifically for this. I picked up some foreign packs I otherwise wouldn't and some have been sweet.

So if you're into watching that kind of stuff here ya go

I've actually been able to answer questions for some people which is cool - like my 4th edition gift box video

AEther Storm
posted November 20, 2015 06:18 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AEther Storm Click Here to Email AEther Storm Send a private message to AEther Storm Click to send AEther Storm an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AEther Storm's Have/Want ListView AEther Storm's Have/Want List
I remember opening 1 Beta booster and pulling a Mox Sapphire. Good times.
That was seriously the only time I ever pulled something good. I get shafted at prereleases. I suspect the organisers do it on purpose.

Lord Flasheart: Enter the man who has no underwear. Ask me why.
Lieutenant George: Why do you have no underwear, Lord Flash?
Lord Flasheart: Because the pants haven't been built yet that'll take the job on!

dwiz
posted November 21, 2015 04:32 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for dwiz Click Here to Email dwiz Send a private message to dwiz Click to send dwiz an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View dwiz's Trade Auction or SaleView dwiz's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Same case. I bought 3 cases of MMA all at once. I've opened up 2 of them. No non foil goyfs (1 foil goyf). I've also opened up random boxes and done drafts. Opened up no non foil goyfs.

I had 1 great box, 1 great draft, and everything else has been garbage. Most of my boxes have had only 2 mythics and 2 crap foil rares.

I think I got your partner box. I got 7 mythics (no goyf) in my box of mma2.

LandDestroyer
posted November 24, 2015 08:06 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by dwiz:
I think I got your partner box. I got 7 mythics (no goyf) in my box of mma2.

I never got 7 mythics in a box :-O Did you mean case? :-P

If any of you enjoy picking up random foreign packs there are a couple good massdrop's right now:

https://www.massdrop.com/r/APURC4

Look up
Foreign Booster Bundle #1
Foreign Booster Bundle #2

Buying the first lot gets you these I believe:

Spanish Khans of Tarkir Booster Pack
Chinese Fate Reforged Booster Pack
Chinese Battle for Zendikar Booster Pack
Chinese Magic 2015 Booster Pack
Chinese Khans of Tarkir Booster Pack
Japanese Dragons of Tarkir Booster Pack
Korean Origins Booster Pack
Korean Battle for Zendikar Booster Pack
Korean Magic 2015 Booster Pack

Buying the 2nd lot gets you some of the above plus

Russian Battle for Zendikar Booster Pack
Japanese Battle for Zendikar Booster Pack

I'm joining each and plan to record myself opening them.

I'll post them to my youtube channel and the pulls FB group

drut02
posted November 30, 2015 11:49 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for drut02 Click Here to Email drut02 Send a private message to drut02 Click to send drut02 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Wish I would have recorded my box yesterday. First box of Zendikar and pulled a misty rainforest expedition from the second to last pack. very happy with a box for a change!

LandDestroyer
posted November 30, 2015 12:07 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by drut02:
Wish I would have recorded my box yesterday. First box of Zendikar and pulled a misty rainforest expedition from the second to last pack. very happy with a box for a change!

Nice!

Well you should sign up for foreign booster bundle #1 and record those

drut02
posted November 30, 2015 12:42 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for drut02 Click Here to Email drut02 Send a private message to drut02 Click to send drut02 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Meh, not really into foreign packs. But wishing you good luck with yours. I plan on buying another box or two in a few days, I'll record those but not expecting to hit anything as good as the misty unless I luck into a tarn or delta.

LandDestroyer
posted December 22, 2015 08:26 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
a new foreign lot is up.

Click:
https://www.massdrop.com/r/APURC4

And search on:
Foreign Booster Pack Bundle

For $25.99 plus $3 shipping you get 9 foreign boosters from recent sets:

Spanish Khans of Tarkir Booster Pack
Chinese Fate Reforged Booster Pack
Chinese Battle for Zendikar Booster Pack
Chinese Magic 2015 Booster Pack
Chinese Khans of Tarkir Booster Pack
Japanese Dragons of Tarkir Booster Pack
Korean Origins Booster Pack
Korean Battle for Zendikar Booster Pack
Chinese Journey Into Nyx Booster Pack

I haven't even uploaded but 1 so far from the last drop. I should try and upload a new one every day this week. Low motivation b/c the packs were unlucky haha.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League