Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  I just opened 3 packs of RTR with no rares! (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   I just opened 3 packs of RTR with no rares!
flophaus
posted November 09, 2012 02:28 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for flophaus Click Here to Email flophaus Send a private message to flophaus Click to send flophaus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Not sure where to put his.... but I just opened 3 sealed packs of RTR with no rares in them!

What should I do?

I bought them from walmart.

This is rediculous!

They had the new cardboard stuff on them and all that.

I am at a loss as of what to do here....

I got all the U/C's lands, etc, just no freaking rares!

Has anyone else had this prob?

chapman24
posted November 09, 2012 02:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for chapman24 Click Here to Email chapman24 Send a private message to chapman24 Click to send chapman24 an Instant MessageVisit chapman24's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View chapman24's Have/Want ListView chapman24's Have/Want List
were these the mini packs that only have a rare in every 4 or 5 packs?

Uthaedeol
posted November 09, 2012 03:10 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Uthaedeol Click Here to Email Uthaedeol Send a private message to Uthaedeol Click to send Uthaedeol an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by flophaus:
What should I do?

Never heard of this before in RtR. Return to Walmart and demand a new boosters.

JayC
posted November 09, 2012 03:21 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for JayC Click Here to Email JayC Send a private message to JayC Click to send JayC an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View JayC's Have/Want ListView JayC's Have/Want List
WalMart is bad.

LordRelkin
posted November 09, 2012 03:37 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LordRelkin Click Here to Email LordRelkin Send a private message to LordRelkin Click to send LordRelkin an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Im sure you were one of the many that saw the $1.99 price tag and went crazy with joy that this deal could be possible! :P

Unfortunately, they do sell 6 card packs for $1.99, and they arent guarenteed a rare. However, if you spent $3.99 and got a regular pack, then thats another story, but not likely what you did.

Oops! :/

quote:
Not sure where to put his.... but I just opened 3 sealed packs of RTR with no rares in them!

What should I do?

This is rediculous!

They had the new cardboard stuff on them and all that.

I am at a loss as of what to do here....

I got all the U/C's lands, etc, just no freaking rares!

Has anyone else had this prob?

Dimh
posted November 09, 2012 04:16 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Dimh Click Here to Email Dimh Send a private message to Dimh Click to send Dimh an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Dimh's Have/Want ListView Dimh's Have/Want List
Doubt Wal-Mart would take a return for this, if it was the normal booster packs instead of the 1.99 mini-boosters, contact Wizards customer support and they will be able to assist you.

coasterdude84
posted November 09, 2012 06:53 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for coasterdude84 Click Here to Email coasterdude84 Send a private message to coasterdude84 Click to send coasterdude84 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View coasterdude84's Trade Auction or SaleView coasterdude84's Trade Auction or Sale
Did they come out of a box of Stronghold?

(sorry, I couldn't help it.)

flophaus
posted November 09, 2012 11:49 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for flophaus Click Here to Email flophaus Send a private message to flophaus Click to send flophaus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
These were the normal boosters, not those crap $1.99 ones.

I bought I think 8 packs and 3 of them simply had no rare at all. (No mythic or foil either)

In all my years, I've never seen this.

They were not at all tampered with, they were completely sealed in the cellophane + those new outer cardboard dealies.

The other 5 packs had rares (Shocklands even )

I should probably try to return them, thing is, can you imagine trying to explain this to Wally-World customer service!?

Only other thing I can think of is to possibly contact WOTC, but yeah, I doubt they're even gonna believe me.

So I guess beware of the RtR "blister packs" at Wal-Mart.

Edit: Mods: I probably shoulda put this in MTG Discussion, if you wanna move it there I can dig... Or if you want me to delete this, I will. Sorry about the poor placement

[Edited 1 times, lastly by flophaus on November 09, 2012]

Worth
posted November 09, 2012 11:54 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Worth Click Here to Email Worth Send a private message to Worth Click to send Worth an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I believe you. You play on MTGO? I can give you 3 more packs easily if you want them there, otherwise just send game support a note and I'm sure they'll take care of you.

Sorry that happened to you, and let me know!

Worth

wayne
posted November 10, 2012 12:36 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for wayne Click Here to Email wayne Send a private message to wayne Click to send wayne an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View wayne's Have/Want ListView wayne's Have/Want List
I bought 2 boxes with only 3 Mythics each and sent Wiz an email. Not much help, haha.

MagixDK
posted November 10, 2012 12:44 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MagixDK Click Here to Email MagixDK Send a private message to MagixDK Click to send MagixDK an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Worth:
I believe you. You play on MTGO? I can give you 3 more packs easily if you want them there, otherwise just send game support a note and I'm sure they'll take care of you.

Sorry that happened to you, and let me know!

Worth

Wth?

thulnanth
posted November 10, 2012 01:06 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for thulnanth Click Here to Email thulnanth Send a private message to thulnanth Click to send thulnanth an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Worth?

He's an old time Librarities member and current employee of WotC.

... and all round nice guy.

Take it easy,
Jared

airwalk
posted November 10, 2012 11:35 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for airwalk Send a private message to airwalk Click to send airwalk an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Seen this problem here too. Normally I wouldn't buy cards from Wal-Mart unless they were on sale but I got them as a gift so I had no choice in the matter. They were normal booster packs inside a blister/cardboard and they contained no rare...

I returned them to Wal-Mart and just got the price of them refunded (best part about Wal-Mart is you can return anything without a receipt if you complain enough)

Zeckk
posted November 10, 2012 12:17 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Zeckk Click Here to Email Zeckk Send a private message to Zeckk Click to send Zeckk an Instant MessageVisit Zeckk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Zeckk's Have/Want ListView Zeckk's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by airwalk:
Seen this problem here too. Normally I wouldn't buy cards from Wal-Mart unless they were on sale but I got them as a gift so I had no choice in the matter. They were normal booster packs inside a blister/cardboard and they contained no rare...

I returned them to Wal-Mart and just got the price of them refunded (best part about Wal-Mart is you can return anything without a receipt if you complain enough)

I've been able to buy those "extreme value" packs and return them for no other reason than "It didn't have the right cards in it". Wal-mart employees don't get any sort of training on mtg stuff, so it's rather easy to do that. I'm not cherry-picking foils or rares out of that stuff, but it's easy to see that something like that could be done (and likely already is). I've heard a guy brag at my LGS about buying every fat pack in stock at a walmart, cracking the packs and looting the rares/uncommons, then returning the fatpacks and saying that someone took the cards out of the fatpack before he bought them. The sad part is that as long as he buys with cash and doesn't do it too often, he keeps his name out of their system.

flophaus
posted November 10, 2012 12:49 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for flophaus Click Here to Email flophaus Send a private message to flophaus Click to send flophaus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Well thanks for all the responses, guys!

@ Worth, I truly appreciate your offer, but I don't do the MTGO thing, thanks a lot though for the thought =)

@ Zeckk, I'm not trying to rip anyone off at all (not even Wal-Mart) I just wanted those 3 potential Foil Jace's back!

I sure as hell don't buy their overpriced boosters for the uncommons!

I guess I'll just take them back and see what they'll do for me... I'm in there all the time and I've dealt with their cust-serv people quite a bit.

Once again, thanks for the responses and all that.

Mainly, I wanted the community to be aware of this phenomenon.

MeddlingMage
posted November 10, 2012 01:22 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MeddlingMage Click Here to Email MeddlingMage Send a private message to MeddlingMage Click to send MeddlingMage an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MeddlingMage's Have/Want ListView MeddlingMage's Have/Want List
quote:
Well thanks for all the responses, guys!

I guess I'll just take them back and see what they'll do for me... I'm in there all the time and I've dealt with their cust-serv people quite a bit.

Im curious to how they respond. Please do post, thanks and good luck!

~MM

CM Punk "OMG Kevin Nash WTF, thought he was dead, LOL"

New keeper of the Logout button

Mr.C
posted November 10, 2012 04:03 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.C Click Here to Email Mr.C Send a private message to Mr.C Click to send Mr.C an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Mr.C's Have/Want ListView Mr.C's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by MagixDK:
Wth?

Worth Wollpert:

http://www.linkedin.com/in/worthwollpert

implode
posted November 11, 2012 11:54 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for implode Click Here to Email implode Send a private message to implode Click to send implode an Instant MessageVisit implode's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View implode's Have/Want ListView implode's Have/Want List
If that is really Worth, just wanted to say welcome to the motl community.

sys41o
posted November 11, 2012 05:28 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for sys41o Click Here to Email sys41o Send a private message to sys41o Click to send sys41o an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by coasterdude84:
Did they come out of a box of Stronghold?

(sorry, I couldn't help it.)

No need to apologize. This one will never get old.

FleeceItOut
posted November 11, 2012 05:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for FleeceItOut Click Here to Email FleeceItOut Send a private message to FleeceItOut Click to send FleeceItOut an Instant MessageVisit FleeceItOut's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Good guy Worth

flophaus
posted November 13, 2012 10:04 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for flophaus Click Here to Email flophaus Send a private message to flophaus Click to send flophaus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Alright, so last night I took the packs back to Wal-Mart.

I don't know what the hell I did with the reciept so, I figured I'd just try to get them replaced.

Line was long and I did my best to explain the situation quickly. So the guy said, OK, bring 3 more back up here and open them and show me that what you're telling me is right. I said OK, and he actually asked me to open them right there...

Yep. 1st pack = no rare. (I'm looking a little stupid here)

2nd Pack = still no rare! (more aggrivation)

3rd pack = Yep... still no rare. (feeling incredulous now)

Guy obviously didn't believe me. I told him they need to take those packs down, because people are getting ripped off and just said, well, thanks for trying to help and left.

I'm sure I could've pressed it, but my family was waiting for me because we had some other shopping to do.

It sucked! Wal-Mart packs = fail.

But I guess who doesn't love paying $12 for 9 crappy uncommons!?

[Edited 1 times, lastly by flophaus on November 13, 2012]

JensK
posted November 13, 2012 11:50 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for JensK Click Here to Email JensK Send a private message to JensK Click to send JensK an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
you have been cursed

Zeckk
posted November 13, 2012 01:58 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Zeckk Click Here to Email Zeckk Send a private message to Zeckk Click to send Zeckk an Instant MessageVisit Zeckk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Zeckk's Have/Want ListView Zeckk's Have/Want List
quote:
Alright, so last night I took the packs back to Wal-Mart.

I don't know what the hell I did with the reciept so, I figured I'd just try to get them replaced.

Line was long and I did my best to explain the situation quickly. So the guy said, OK, bring 3 more back up here and open them and show me that what you're telling me is right. I said OK, and he actually asked me to open them right there...

Yep. 1st pack = no rare. (I'm looking a little stupid here)

2nd Pack = still no rare! (more aggrivation)

3rd pack = Yep... still no rare. (feeling incredulous now)

Guy obviously didn't believe me. I told him they need to take those packs down, because people are getting ripped off and just said, well, thanks for trying to help and left.

I'm sure I could've pressed it, but my family was waiting for me because we had some other shopping to do.

It sucked! Wal-Mart packs = fail.

But I guess who doesn't love paying $12 for 9 crappy uncommons!?

Why on earth did you stop there? I would have told the guy to get his manager and then schedule a meeting with the MTG vendor, because that kind of issue is something that WOTC really needs to know about, assuming you are telling the truth. Also, I may be wrong on this but I beleive that the mylar wrap on a booster actually denotes the number of commons, uncommons, rares, chance for mythic, and chance for foil somewhere on the wrap.

trying2playagain
Banned
posted November 13, 2012 02:36 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for trying2playagain Click Here to Email trying2playagain Send a private message to trying2playagain Click to send trying2playagain an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
So this may be a more common and widespread problem. A friend just stopped by to play a couple of games. He bought 3 packs of rtr at the local walmart. Opened them as we were playing 2 of the 3 had no rares of any kind.

frankenskid
posted November 14, 2012 11:29 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for frankenskid Click Here to Email frankenskid Send a private message to frankenskid Click to send frankenskid an Instant MessageVisit frankenskid's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View frankenskid's Have/Want ListView frankenskid's Have/Want List
I would go back to the walmart and demand to see a manager, buy a pack at a lgs and take it with you to show that they are supposed to have a rare in them.....

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League