Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Tradin' Digital to Physical

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Tradin' Digital to Physical
TeamJankRep
posted December 17, 2012 02:35 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for TeamJankRep Click Here to Email TeamJankRep Send a private message to TeamJankRep Click to send TeamJankRep an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Hello all,

I'm interested in Trading magic the gathering online cards for physical cards.

Probably along the lines of channelfireball or starcitygames prices vs. mtgotrader prices.

Is this something that is ever done on these forums?

If yes, any tips on where to post looking for such a trade? If not any suggestion as to what if any sites do these sorts of trades? Or any dealers that deal in both physical and online cards.

I'm aware that I could just do set redemption or sell digital cards on ebay and then buy physical cards, but I'd prefer to just trade and not pay the ebay fees.

Any feedback is appreciated.

/end

Volcanon
posted December 17, 2012 02:54 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
There are people who do this but it may be easier to sell the digital cards to buy real ones.

Use the price guide here or eBay end prices for physical. I'm not sure what an accurate mtgo price would be. Maybe bot buyprices? MTGOTraders isn't bad, I guess. The MTGO market is much more efficient than the paper one for obvious reasons, so there's probably less issues of over/underpricing.

Edit: I'm not sure if eBay is kosher with selling digital product. I think they might have shut most of it down. A lot of IP holders like Blizzard don't want that stuff getting classed as "property" because then they will face huge liability issues they don't want to deal with (shutting down a server may equal theft. Seems frightening.)

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Volcanon on December 17, 2012]

Pail42
posted December 17, 2012 03:08 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pail42 Send a private message to Pail42 Click to send Pail42 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Pail42's Have/Want ListView Pail42's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Volcanon:
Edit: I'm not sure if eBay is kosher with selling digital product. I think they might have shut most of it down. A lot of IP holders like Blizzard don't want that stuff getting classed as "property" because then they will face huge liability issues they don't want to deal with (shutting down a server may equal theft. Seems frightening.)

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/downloadable.html

Virtual goods from games are not allowed on ebay. "Online gaming accounts or artifacts such as characters, currency, or other items in any format"

Truman
posted December 17, 2012 04:04 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Truman Click Here to Email Truman Send a private message to Truman Click to send Truman an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Truman's Have/Want ListView Truman's Have/Want List
Depending on what you're looking to get and what you have to trade, I may be interested in making a trade with you. PM me with what you have and what you want and I'll see what I can do.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League