Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Changing the title of my H/W list?

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Changing the title of my H/W list?
CaptNever
posted November 28, 2012 07:55 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for CaptNever Click Here to Email CaptNever Send a private message to CaptNever Click to send CaptNever an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View CaptNever's Have/Want ListView CaptNever's Have/Want List
Apologies if this is the wrong forum, or if I'm just being an idiot here, but how do I change the title of my H/W list post? It's not terribly descriptive (rookie mistake), and I'd like to make it something more informative.

Thanks!

Thanos
posted November 28, 2012 07:56 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Once it's posted you can't change it, you'll have to create a new list.

CaptNever
posted November 28, 2012 07:59 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for CaptNever Click Here to Email CaptNever Send a private message to CaptNever Click to send CaptNever an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View CaptNever's Have/Want ListView CaptNever's Have/Want List
I thought we were only allowed to have one H/W list? Is there any way to archive the current thread, or will I have to delete it and blow the whole thing away and create a new topid?

nderdog
posted November 28, 2012 08:04 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for nderdog Click Here to Email nderdog Send a private message to nderdog Click to send nderdog an Instant MessageVisit nderdog's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nderdog's Have/Want ListView nderdog's Have/Want List
Delete and recreate is your only option. Personally, I have 3 text files saved, one for my rules, one for my haves, one for my wants so it's easy to start up a new list when it's time.

All your Gruul Nodorogs are belong to me. Trade them to me, please!

Report rules violations.

Remember the Auctions Board!

daner
posted November 28, 2012 08:05 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for daner Click Here to Email daner Send a private message to daner Click to send daner an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View daner's Have/Want ListView daner's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by CaptNever:
I thought we were only allowed to have one H/W list? Is there any way to archive the current thread, or will I have to delete it and blow the whole thing away and create a new topid?

Copy/Paste buddy. Open up a few windows in your browser to achive this.

MeddlingMage
posted November 28, 2012 08:11 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MeddlingMage Click Here to Email MeddlingMage Send a private message to MeddlingMage Click to send MeddlingMage an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MeddlingMage's Have/Want ListView MeddlingMage's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by nderdog:
Delete and recreate is your only option. Personally, I have 3 text files saved, one for my rules, one for my haves, one for my wants so it's easy to start up a new list when it's time.

quote:
Originally posted by daner:
Copy/Paste buddy. Open up a few windows in your browser to achive this.

This. Or should I say these.

~MM

New keeper of the Logout button

CaptNever
posted November 28, 2012 08:17 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for CaptNever Click Here to Email CaptNever Send a private message to CaptNever Click to send CaptNever an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View CaptNever's Have/Want ListView CaptNever's Have/Want List
Thanks for the help!

I was more wondering do people care that the offers they made will disappear, but it sounds like this is pretty standard practice, so I guess everyone is used to it?

Zeckk
posted November 28, 2012 10:44 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Zeckk Click Here to Email Zeckk Send a private message to Zeckk Click to send Zeckk an Instant MessageVisit Zeckk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Zeckk's Have/Want ListView Zeckk's Have/Want List
1. Choose new topic option.

2. Edit existing H/W list, and copy-paste the text fields into the new topic text fields, with the altered H/W thread name.

3. Delete existing H/W list.

4. Post new topic.

Takes like 30 seconds.

Zeckk
posted November 28, 2012 10:46 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Zeckk Click Here to Email Zeckk Send a private message to Zeckk Click to send Zeckk an Instant MessageVisit Zeckk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Zeckk's Have/Want ListView Zeckk's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by CaptNever:
Thanks for the help!

I was more wondering do people care that the offers they made will disappear, but it sounds like this is pretty standard practice, so I guess everyone is used to it?

Not much of an issue, given that most people take the initial offer and quote it into a PM.

CaptNever
posted November 29, 2012 10:25 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for CaptNever Click Here to Email CaptNever Send a private message to CaptNever Click to send CaptNever an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View CaptNever's Have/Want ListView CaptNever's Have/Want List
Thanks for all the help. Just didn't want to do something inappropriate.

Twitter: @CaptNever

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League