Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Magic in Bangkok

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Magic in Bangkok
KBmaster
posted November 12, 2012 11:05 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for KBmaster Click Here to Email KBmaster Send a private message to KBmaster Click to send KBmaster an Instant MessageVisit KBmaster's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View KBmaster's Trade Auction or SaleView KBmaster's Trade Auction or Sale
Hey MOTLers.

Im in Bangkok the 17-20 nov, brought a few decks. Not much use for them so far but im hoping that the capital of Thailand has a few places to play our beloved game.

But its a huge city and can easily spend 3 days just find such a place. So i was hoping to get some info in here. either on thaimagic forums or irl places, maybe there is even a few thai players in here with more info.

LMK. My fingers are twiching and i have had no luck learning thaigirls magic so far and they cheat.

Pail42
posted November 12, 2012 02:43 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pail42 Send a private message to Pail42 Click to send Pail42 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Pail42's Have/Want ListView Pail42's Have/Want List
I was in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and then Hong Kong and Macau earlier this year and I never found a single pack of Magic. I found lots of Yugio and a little Pokemon, but I was only looking for packs, not a place to play.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Pail42 on November 12, 2012]

studderingdave
posted November 13, 2012 02:52 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for studderingdave Click Here to Email studderingdave Send a private message to studderingdave Click to send studderingdave an Instant MessageVisit studderingdave's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
agreed. While it was a few years ago i spent some time in Thailand while serving in the Marines. While i was interested in magic, i ended up spending most of my free time with the female population....

daner
posted November 13, 2012 04:11 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for daner Click Here to Email daner Send a private message to daner Click to send daner an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View daner's Have/Want ListView daner's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by studderingdave:
agreed. While it was a few years ago i spent some time in Thailand while serving in the Marines. While i was interested in magic, i ended up spending most of my free time with the female population....

Insert whitty Hangover 2 joke about Bangkok.

AlmostGrown
posted November 13, 2012 05:29 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for AlmostGrown Click Here to Email AlmostGrown Send a private message to AlmostGrown Click to send AlmostGrown an Instant MessageVisit AlmostGrown's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AlmostGrown's Have/Want ListView AlmostGrown's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by daner:
Insert whitty Hangover 2 joke about Bangkok.

bangkok has him now...

KBmaster
posted November 13, 2012 07:25 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for KBmaster Click Here to Email KBmaster Send a private message to KBmaster Click to send KBmaster an Instant MessageVisit KBmaster's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View KBmaster's Trade Auction or SaleView KBmaster's Trade Auction or Sale
I know they play magic in thailand. There is nationals listed on wizard.com, but the locations of those are always hired halls, not local shops with names you can google. but im sure there gotta be some in such a big city.

But its not the end of the world, as some of u have suggested there is other things to do in thailand, but those things do get boring in the end as well.

daner
posted November 16, 2012 11:22 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for daner Click Here to Email daner Send a private message to daner Click to send daner an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View daner's Have/Want ListView daner's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by AlmostGrown:
bangkok has him now...

That wasn't the specific joke I was looking for but....ok, I'll go with it.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League