Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  A good place to buy booster boxes

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   A good place to buy booster boxes
A1phaMale
posted October 31, 2012 08:43 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for A1phaMale Click Here to Email A1phaMale Send a private message to A1phaMale Click to send A1phaMale an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View A1phaMale's Have/Want ListView A1phaMale's Have/Want List
I'd like to have some fun drafting older sets. Besides Ebay, are there other avenues to explore to find sealed booster boxes. I would be looking for boxes that would cost less than ~200/each, and no sets more recent than Darksteel. Is MOTL a good place to put up a buy thread for older booster boxes such as Mirage, Visions, Mirrodin, Apoc, etc.

ryan2754
posted October 31, 2012 09:06 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for ryan2754 Click Here to Email ryan2754 Send a private message to ryan2754 Click to send ryan2754 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ryan2754's Have/Want ListView ryan2754's Have/Want List
From what I've found, ebay is still th e way to go. Stores have them marked up WAY too high. You could put up a buylist on MOTL, but I feel u won't get many bites.

(76 behind souladvocate)
2nd in Posts [7715] in OH-IO
(only 400 behind Val)

“If Brad Stevens is the future of coaching in college basketball, the sport is in a good place.” - Rick Pitino

valorale
posted October 31, 2012 10:56 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for valorale Click Here to Email valorale Send a private message to valorale Click to send valorale an Instant MessageVisit valorale's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Some stuff left over here, not a whole lot:

http://www.potomacdist.com/list.asp?code=1320

rats60
posted November 01, 2012 08:30 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for rats60 Click Here to Email rats60 Send a private message to rats60 Click to send rats60 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View rats60's Have/Want ListView rats60's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by A1phaMale:
Is MOTL a good place to put up a buy thread for older booster boxes such as Mirage, Visions, Mirrodin, Apoc, etc.

If you are willing to pay strong, you should be able to find some on here. Being under 200 is going to be an issue as most older boxes are above that. Mirage and Visions are well above 200 and Apoc and Mirrodin are getting close.

A1phaMale
posted November 01, 2012 09:14 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for A1phaMale Click Here to Email A1phaMale Send a private message to A1phaMale Click to send A1phaMale an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View A1phaMale's Have/Want ListView A1phaMale's Have/Want List
Thanks for the responses... one more question, from your experience, what are some of the funnest sets to draft?

hilikuS
posted November 01, 2012 09:54 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for hilikuS Click Here to Email hilikuS Send a private message to hilikuS Click to send hilikuS an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View hilikuS's Trade Auction or SaleView hilikuS's Trade Auction or Sale
Rav block was fun with all 3 sets.
3x CHK was fun too.
My favorite though was NPH, Besieged, Scars

Zeckk
posted November 01, 2012 12:19 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Zeckk Click Here to Email Zeckk Send a private message to Zeckk Click to send Zeckk an Instant MessageVisit Zeckk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Zeckk's Have/Want ListView Zeckk's Have/Want List
quote:
Thanks for the responses... one more question, from your experience, what are some of the funnest sets to draft?

Ironically, it's some of the cheaper sets that are the most fun to draft. Mostly because draft considerations weren't a part of R&D until later sets. RAV block is great, as is triple ROE and LOR-LOR-MOR drafts. My personal favorite was ALA block drafts, simply because the options were endless for drafting.

airwalk
posted November 01, 2012 01:18 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for airwalk Send a private message to airwalk Click to send airwalk an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Ebay is the way to go, seriously. You might find the odd box at some random site but there is nowhere you are going to be able to consistantly pick up OOP boxes cheaper/easier than Ebay for the most part.

D'Shay
posted November 01, 2012 03:01 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for D'Shay Click Here to Email D'Shay Send a private message to D'Shay Click to send D'Shay an Instant MessageVisit D'Shay's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
3 packs of homelands and 3 packs of fallen empire were pretty darn fun!

hilikuS
posted November 02, 2012 05:47 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for hilikuS Click Here to Email hilikuS Send a private message to hilikuS Click to send hilikuS an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View hilikuS's Trade Auction or SaleView hilikuS's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by D'Shay:
3 packs of homelands and 3 packs of fallen empire were pretty darn fun!

Oh God. That was honestly the worst thing ever.

Volcanon
posted November 02, 2012 07:14 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hilikuS:
Rav block was fun with all 3 sets.
3x CHK was fun too.
My favorite though was NPH, Besieged, Scars

Ugh, how is it humanly possible to like Scars block? That block was awful. We should gather up all of the poison cards and burn them.

hilikuS
posted November 02, 2012 07:34 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for hilikuS Click Here to Email hilikuS Send a private message to hilikuS Click to send hilikuS an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View hilikuS's Trade Auction or SaleView hilikuS's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by Volcanon:
Ugh, how is it humanly possible to like Scars block? That block was awful. We should gather up all of the poison cards and burn them.

There just seemed to me like there were so many neat cards with cool abilities. Like you could go infect in a number of different ways, and in different colors, or you could go non-infect in a bunch of ways too.

People hated infect, but the block for me was a load of fun to draft.

XtReMeOnE3
posted November 02, 2012 07:46 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for XtReMeOnE3 Click Here to Email XtReMeOnE3 Send a private message to XtReMeOnE3 Click to send XtReMeOnE3 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View XtReMeOnE3's Have/Want ListView XtReMeOnE3's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Zeckk:
Ironically, it's some of the cheaper sets that are the most fun to draft. Mostly because draft considerations weren't a part of R&D until later sets. RAV block is great, as is triple ROE and LOR-LOR-MOR drafts. My personal favorite was ALA block drafts, simply because the options were endless for drafting.

I agree that Alara was the most fun set to draft. All of the Shards were pretty good and you could easily do a 5 color deck as well.

noquarter
posted November 06, 2012 12:43 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for noquarter Click Here to Email noquarter Send a private message to noquarter Click to send noquarter an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Did anybody try drafting the Alara block foil packs? If so, is it as good as true block draft? I might try that sometime.

mcelraca
posted November 06, 2012 07:03 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for mcelraca Click Here to Email mcelraca Send a private message to mcelraca Click to send mcelraca an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mcelraca's Have/Want ListView mcelraca's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by noquarter:
Did anybody try drafting the Alara block foil packs? If so, is it as good as true block draft? I might try that sometime.

I haven't drafted the packs but my friends and I will pick up the foil packs for pack wars every now and again.

1. Pack wars are amazingly fun
2. Pack wars with all foils is exciting
3. Pack wars/drafting with the potential of cards from 3 sets makes the games very interesting and a lot of fun synergy.

Conclusion: Yes, if you've got the money to spare then it is totally worth drafting/playing with those packs. I actually only buy those packs for packs wars so I can get maximum use out of them.

Dimh
posted November 06, 2012 11:36 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Dimh Click Here to Email Dimh Send a private message to Dimh Click to send Dimh an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Dimh's Have/Want ListView Dimh's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by noquarter:

MODO had Alara Block packs / drafts, it really changes what decks you can / cannot draft.

Drafting it was quite fun, but completely differant format from Shards / Conflux / Alara Reborn.

bellaxiemtg
posted November 07, 2012 10:53 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for bellaxiemtg Click Here to Email bellaxiemtg Send a private message to bellaxiemtg Click to send bellaxiemtg an Instant MessageVisit bellaxiemtg's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Hello, maybe you can try to buy from this website: mtgmintcard.com. Quickly shipping, nice pricing , good service.

quote:
I'd like to have some fun drafting older sets. Besides Ebay, are there other avenues to explore to find sealed booster boxes. I would be looking for boxes that would cost less than ~200/each, and no sets more recent than Darksteel. Is MOTL a good place to put up a buy thread for older booster boxes such as Mirage, Visions, Mirrodin, Apoc, etc.

Lord Crovax
posted November 07, 2012 10:56 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Lord Crovax Click Here to Email Lord Crovax Send a private message to Lord Crovax Click to send Lord Crovax an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Here, at least for newer stuff....why not support this site

bellaxiemtg
posted November 07, 2012 10:57 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for bellaxiemtg Click Here to Email bellaxiemtg Send a private message to bellaxiemtg Click to send bellaxiemtg an Instant MessageVisit bellaxiemtg's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Thank you!

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Crovax:
Here, at least for newer stuff....why not support this site

Jazaray
posted November 08, 2012 07:34 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Jazaray Click Here to Email Jazaray Send a private message to Jazaray Click to send Jazaray an Instant MessageVisit Jazaray's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bellaxiemtg:
Thank you!

He wasn't talking about you, he was talking about HERE, as in MOTL.

Thanks,
Jazaray

A delicate face,
A soft warm embrace,
And a whole lot of bedroom pizzazz.

WeedIan: Jazaray is like MOTL's Mom.

Melaleuca, go ahead, ask me what it is...

Lord Crovax
posted November 09, 2012 12:43 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Lord Crovax Click Here to Email Lord Crovax Send a private message to Lord Crovax Click to send Lord Crovax an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jazaray:

Thanks,
Jazaray

So true......felt a little bad correcting him thou, he seemed so happy...

caquaa
posted November 09, 2012 09:30 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by Jazaray:

Thanks,
Jazaray

total of 3 posts with email address being from said promoted site. Ban hammer?!

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League