Click Here!

Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  The post for Magic Stuff part 72: Magic el Reencuentro (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 13 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   The post for Magic Stuff part 72: Magic el Reencuentro
Myy
posted August 07, 2012 07:24 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Myy Click Here to Email Myy Send a private message to Myy Click to send Myy an Instant MessageVisit Myy's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Myy's Have/Want ListView Myy's Have/Want List
I heart my cube.

that is all.

WeedIan
posted August 07, 2012 07:25 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Myy:
I heart my cube.

that is all.

Please post a list

Here is mine, which i've almost gotten all foiled

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlHIOoL0opWbdEpoRkgwc2phc3dOVUNJR1BacWN2MHc

2nd in posts in Canada
10th in posts on MOTL
5th in Refs in Ontario
Pushing to get to top 100 in MOTL Refs

Myy
posted August 07, 2012 07:31 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Myy Click Here to Email Myy Send a private message to Myy Click to send Myy an Instant MessageVisit Myy's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Myy's Have/Want ListView Myy's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by WeedIan:
Please post a list

Here is mine, which i've almost gotten all foiled

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlHIOoL0opWbdEpoRkgwc2phc3dOVUNJR1BacWN2M Hc

I don't think it's the best cube in the world, it might not even have very good cards, but it's a lot of fun.
I just bought all 5 swords of this and that and added them last week. I want to try them out so I don't break teh format. my focus is on creature interactions, so I have a lot of equipments and not too many control elements, or combo.

I'm actually trying to convince my friends to build a different cube, maybe a tribal, pauper, or block cube. =)

MagicPatty
posted August 07, 2012 09:57 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MagicPatty Click Here to Email MagicPatty Send a private message to MagicPatty Click to send MagicPatty an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MagicPatty's Have/Want ListView MagicPatty's Have/Want List
Want a fun twist on draft?
Take once copy of every card from a block, say Scars block, then do a Rochester with them. It's actually very different than one might expect from a draft. The usual bombs aren't as bomby with so many good cards included for everyone to choose from, while good commons and uncommons might not be so good because they aren't being cast against decks containing the usual suspects.
Lots of fun!

Pail42
posted August 07, 2012 11:40 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pail42 Send a private message to Pail42 Click to send Pail42 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Pail42's Have/Want ListView Pail42's Have/Want List
After recently returning to Magic with a box each of Innistrad block I was constantly frustrated how often I would only have one or two of a key uncommon (or even a common) for my deck idea. I just bought a playset of M13 commons/uncommons off ebay, and I'm wondering why I didn't start doing this a decade ago.

Also, I'm considering doing a crap-rare draft with my friends. Any good suggestions of places to buy bulk rares, particularly from chosen set/block?

AGO
posted August 07, 2012 11:54 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AGO Click Here to Email AGO Send a private message to AGO Click to send AGO an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AGO's Trade Auction or SaleView AGO's Trade Auction or Sale
Anyone else have a deal with http://forums.magictraders.com/ubbmisc.cgi?action=getbio&UserName=cloudfrog I will be posting him on the BTA tomorrow.

[Edited 2 times, lastly by AGO on August 07, 2012]

psrex
posted August 07, 2012 11:57 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for psrex Click Here to Email psrex Send a private message to psrex Click to send psrex an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View psrex's Have/Want ListView psrex's Have/Want List
I just got back from a week-long vacation, over which I taught two nephews and a niece how to play Magic. It's amazing how fun the new Planechase decks are against each other. More surprising, however, was how well a new player could play the new Planechase decks, with the exception of the Ninjitsu deck. If I'd known that I would be teaching people how to play Magic I would have brought different decks, but it was still really a blast.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by psrex on August 07, 2012]

revenger
posted August 07, 2012 01:37 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for revenger Click Here to Email revenger Click to send revenger an Instant MessageVisit revenger's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View revenger's Have/Want ListView revenger's Have/Want List
What the hell kind of title is that for the Magic PFS? huh? Whut?

Anyways, Is it me or anyone else notice that the forums for h/w lists gets less and less posts daily now? Maybe it's just me...

~Revenger

Your 2008 and 2010 Motl Siskel & Ebert award winner!

33rd in refs on Motl!

#1 Ref's for Arizona!

I offer 3rd party services. Email me if interested.

Heresy19
posted August 07, 2012 01:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Heresy19 Click Here to Email Heresy19 Send a private message to Heresy19 Click to send Heresy19 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Heresy19's Have/Want ListView Heresy19's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by revenger:

Anyways, Is it me or anyone else notice that the forums for h/w lists gets less and less posts daily now? Maybe it's just me...

99% of new members are here to try to get more value out of their crap. I've had some of them really rude in PM because I offered a fair trade heh :/

That being said, older members are probably ignoring posts or simply stopped trading here.

iccarus
posted August 07, 2012 02:04 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant MessageVisit iccarus's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View iccarus's Have/Want ListView iccarus's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Heresy19:
That being said, older members are probably ignoring posts or simply stopped trading here.

I had someone PM me an offer of their Gisela + a little something to even it out for my Intuition.

Yeah, I'm ignoring a lot of junk that gets sent my way lately.

I collect Granite Gargoyles. Send them my way.

B14ckM4g3
posted August 07, 2012 04:10 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for B14ckM4g3 Click Here to Email B14ckM4g3 Send a private message to B14ckM4g3 Click to send B14ckM4g3 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I kinda stopped trading. I just posted a list a few days ago, first one in almost a year. No trades confirmed yet from it.
I'm just finding it far easier to make a buylist and wait for the right offer.

Bagbokk
posted August 07, 2012 04:46 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bagbokk Click Here to Email Bagbokk Send a private message to Bagbokk Click to send Bagbokk an Instant MessageVisit Bagbokk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Wonder if I should just sell off my Legacy deck. In pieces so I don't have to take a cut on it, of course.

Very few people here play it so it's not really even worth the hours of research to learn the format in its entirety, and when I do find someone that plays the format, it's not even really fun because most of them are some form of non-interactive combo decks.

Solidarity
posted August 07, 2012 05:03 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Solidarity Send a private message to Solidarity Click to send Solidarity an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B14ckM4g3:
I kinda stopped trading. I just posted a list a few days ago, first one in almost a year. No trades confirmed yet from it.
I'm just finding it far easier to make a buylist and wait for the right offer.

Could be, but it's the summer, so people could be, you know... outside.

quote:
Originally posted by Bagbokk:
Wonder if I should just sell off my Legacy deck. In pieces so I don't have to take a cut on it, of course.

Very few people here play it so it's not really even worth the hours of research to learn the format in its entirety, and when I do find someone that plays the format, it's not even really fun because most of them are some form of non-interactive combo decks.

Depends where you live and how badly you need the money. I've got a few buddies who go to school in Atlanta and they say the scene isn't bad.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Solidarity on August 07, 2012]

iccarus
posted August 07, 2012 05:15 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant MessageVisit iccarus's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View iccarus's Have/Want ListView iccarus's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Solidarity:
Depends where you live and how badly you need the money. I've got a few buddies who go to school in Atlanta and they say the scene isn't bad.

If he's not directly in Atlanta, it's not worth it. You could not pay me enough to drive through that city again.

I collect Granite Gargoyles. Send them my way.

caquaa
posted August 07, 2012 05:36 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
lol:

http://classic.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/094662.html

Bagbokk
posted August 07, 2012 05:56 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bagbokk Click Here to Email Bagbokk Send a private message to Bagbokk Click to send Bagbokk an Instant MessageVisit Bagbokk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by iccarus:
If he's not directly in Atlanta, it's not worth it. You could not pay me enough to drive through that city again.

I haven't updated my profile, but I'm not in GA anymore, and yeah, I was about ~30min from Atlanta even when I was... which meant about a 1.5 hour drive into.

WeedIan
posted August 07, 2012 06:16 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
I want to draft but as soon as i click buy tickets on modo i decide against it because it feels like a trap.

2nd in posts in Canada
10th in posts on MOTL
5th in Refs in Ontario
Pushing to get to top 100 in MOTL Refs

flophaus
posted August 07, 2012 06:50 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for flophaus Click Here to Email flophaus Send a private message to flophaus Click to send flophaus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by caquaa:
lol:

http://classic.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/094662.html

What's so funny about this?

Mind you, I'm a bit brunk right now ... but still....

EDIT: Hah... I said "brunk" instead of drunk... but that is just funny to me, so I left it

[Edited 1 times, lastly by flophaus on August 07, 2012]

Heresy19
posted August 07, 2012 07:07 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Heresy19 Click Here to Email Heresy19 Send a private message to Heresy19 Click to send Heresy19 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Heresy19's Have/Want ListView Heresy19's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by flophaus:

''i'm french
i look mint only''

You don't find that funny? :P

I'm French, but at least I know how to write in english

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Heresy19 on August 07, 2012]

stab107
posted August 07, 2012 07:21 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for stab107 Click Here to Email stab107 Send a private message to stab107 Click to send stab107 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I actually think it's quite brave of him, coming onto a forum to post and trade in a foreign language. It's probably a solid bet that most members here wouldn't even consider trying something like that.

Thanos
posted August 07, 2012 07:24 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Heresy19:
''i'm french
i look mint only''

You don't find that funny? :P

I'm French, but at least I know how to write in english

Meh, I see broken English so much on this site that it doesn't even faze me any longer.

Solidarity
posted August 07, 2012 07:44 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Solidarity Send a private message to Solidarity Click to send Solidarity an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thanos:
Meh, I see broken English so much on this site that it doesn't even faze me any longer.

How big is the MTG scene overseas? I get the feeling that the (eternal) scene is stronger in Europe.

MagixDK
posted August 07, 2012 10:37 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MagixDK Click Here to Email MagixDK Send a private message to MagixDK Click to send MagixDK an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
How big is the MTG scene overseas? I get the feeling that the (eternal) scene is stronger in Europe.

Im not sure its muych stronger, except for a few countries, spains, Italy, that have leagues.

caquaa
posted August 08, 2012 12:00 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by flophaus:

quote:
Originally posted by bigballashotcaller:
I have these, but I only trade for miscut Jace, the Mind Sculptors and miscut Stoneforge Mystics.

stab107
posted August 08, 2012 04:58 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for stab107 Click Here to Email stab107 Send a private message to stab107 Click to send stab107 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Solidarity:

Magic is very big in Japan. The GP/PT events were jammed with people when I was living there and World's in 2010 was insanity. A lot of Japanese players love Legacy and even before the big "SCG Legacy" boom it was driving the market out there.

This topic is 13 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Open Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League