Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Channel FireBall Announcement - Discuss

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Channel FireBall Announcement - Discuss
JayC
posted August 15, 2012 09:03 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for JayC Click Here to Email JayC Send a private message to JayC Click to send JayC an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View JayC's Have/Want ListView JayC's Have/Want List
http://www.channelfireball.com/home/announcement-regarding-tristan-shaun-gregson/#.UCsfMrHKy8U.facebook

I expected to have saw this by now, but regardless pretty disappointing news especially since this happened in my backyard with people I know.

dwiz
posted August 15, 2012 09:09 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for dwiz Click Here to Email dwiz Send a private message to dwiz Click to send dwiz an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View dwiz's Trade Auction or SaleView dwiz's Trade Auction or Sale
Crap. I just bought a bunch of stuff on ebay from this character.

A1phaMale
posted August 15, 2012 10:08 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for A1phaMale Click Here to Email A1phaMale Send a private message to A1phaMale Click to send A1phaMale an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View A1phaMale's Have/Want ListView A1phaMale's Have/Want List
I'm glad that a thief like him is dumb enough to get caught.

MasterWolf
posted August 15, 2012 01:43 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MasterWolf Click Here to Email MasterWolf Send a private message to MasterWolf Click to send MasterWolf an Instant MessageVisit MasterWolf's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MasterWolf's Have/Want ListView MasterWolf's Have/Want List
This is very sad. You'll always find people who will steal if given the opportunity. It's always sad when those people work with you.

Volcanon
posted August 15, 2012 02:49 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Dumb thief. But then if he was smart he wouldn't have stolen the cards in the first place.

Also, there's a fair chance this wasn't the first time, and, indeed he might have worked up from taking dollar rares to brazenly taking this much.

Mr.C
posted August 15, 2012 03:04 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.C Click Here to Email Mr.C Send a private message to Mr.C Click to send Mr.C an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Mr.C's Have/Want ListView Mr.C's Have/Want List
Yeah, I read that and went "whoa". Wasn't he one of the founders of the CFB team, or am I mistaken?

Zeckk
posted August 15, 2012 03:10 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Zeckk Click Here to Email Zeckk Send a private message to Zeckk Click to send Zeckk an Instant MessageVisit Zeckk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Zeckk's Have/Want ListView Zeckk's Have/Want List
What kills me is that his videos were generating a TON of traffic to the CFB site. Even if he sold the entire sum of the stolen goods, simply asking for a 5k raise would have accomplished the same result, and I imagine he would have gotten it.

Of course, the flip side is that he already explored those options, and sadly felt that thievery was the only option left.

dwiz
posted August 15, 2012 03:15 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for dwiz Click Here to Email dwiz Send a private message to dwiz Click to send dwiz an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View dwiz's Trade Auction or SaleView dwiz's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by Zeckk:
What kills me is that his videos were generating a TON of traffic to the CFB site. Even if he sold the entire sum of the stolen goods, simply asking for a 5k raise would have accomplished the same result, and I imagine he would have gotten it.

Of course, the flip side is that he already explored those options, and sadly felt that thievery was the only option left.

I doubt this is his first time. He's one of the ones you sell cards to at the CFB booth at GPs, GenCon, etc. His ability to skim off the top has been there for years.

AGO
posted August 15, 2012 04:20 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for AGO Click Here to Email AGO Send a private message to AGO Click to send AGO an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AGO's Trade Auction or SaleView AGO's Trade Auction or Sale
Had a dream job and tanked it over petty theft. Halarious! Sometimes the over whelming need to steal and cheat is too much for one to handle. He should have said "Two Explores"!

[Edited 1 times, lastly by AGO on August 15, 2012]

dwiz
posted August 15, 2012 04:43 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for dwiz Click Here to Email dwiz Send a private message to dwiz Click to send dwiz an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View dwiz's Trade Auction or SaleView dwiz's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by AGO:
Had a dream job and tanked it over petty theft. Halarious! Sometimes the over whelming need to steal and cheat is too much for one to handle. He should of said "Two Explores"!

Pet peeve: should have, not should of. A close second is starting every sentence on social media with "So..."

WCFmo
posted August 15, 2012 06:44 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for WCFmo Click Here to Email WCFmo Send a private message to WCFmo Click to send WCFmo an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WCFmo's Trade Auction or SaleView WCFmo's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by dwiz:
Pet peeve: should have, not should of. A close second is starting every sentence on social media with "So..."

So you are being a grammar nazi.

:P

On topic - pretty messed up, but I doubt he has financial incentive NOT to steal if he's making good money. His twitter page states that he is a gambler, guess that could probably be a reason if you owe money to lots of people?

Edit - I also should of stated I am slightly inebriated.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by WCFmo on August 15, 2012]

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League