Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Ravnica spoiler card from FTV:Realms

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Ravnica spoiler card from FTV:Realms
keywacat
posted August 02, 2012 07:38 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for keywacat Click Here to Email keywacat Send a private message to keywacat Click to send keywacat an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View keywacat's Have/Want ListView keywacat's Have/Want List
I recall an old post asking about the Ravnica spoiler expected for FTV:Realms.

What if we've already seen it, that it's Dryad Arbor? To continue with that thought suppose that shocklands, speculation aside, are NOT coming back, and all these 'search for basic land type' cards are meant to find creature-lands like Dryad Arbor, dual lands, even.

I mean, having a 1/1 (or bigger?) Taiga with summoning sickness will be interesting and will not violate the reprint policy, and could be upped to a mythic to push sales.

Then it follows that reprinting the allied fetchlands would make sense in such an environment.

Anyone with me or is this just going to start taking 'MTG:Salvation thread' shots?

AGO
posted August 02, 2012 07:43 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AGO Click Here to Email AGO Send a private message to AGO Click to send AGO an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AGO's Trade Auction or SaleView AGO's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by keywacat:
I recall an old post asking about the Ravnica spoiler expected for FTV:Realms.

What if we've already seen it, that it's Dryad Arbor? To continue with that thought suppose that shocklands, speculation aside, are NOT coming back, and all these 'search for basic land type' cards are meant to find creature-lands like Dryad Arbor, dual lands, even.

I mean, having a 1/1 (or bigger?) Taiga with summoning sickness will be interesting and will not violate the reprint policy, and could be upped to a mythic to push sales.

Then it follows that reprinting the allied fetchlands would make sense in such an environment.

Anyone with me or is this just going to start taking 'MTG:Salvation thread' shots?

DAFUK?

Back to reality now. They won't print lands at mythic. They have already stated this.

keywacat
posted August 02, 2012 08:08 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for keywacat Click Here to Email keywacat Send a private message to keywacat Click to send keywacat an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View keywacat's Have/Want ListView keywacat's Have/Want List
Lands, no, you're right as rain. But creature lands, why not? We'll chase them like the fiends we are.

Hooskdaddy
posted August 02, 2012 08:38 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Hooskdaddy Click Here to Email Hooskdaddy Send a private message to Hooskdaddy Click to send Hooskdaddy an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AGO:
DAFUK?

Back to reality now. They won't print lands at mythic. They have already stated this.

Eye of ugin was mythic...

Zakman86
posted August 02, 2012 09:03 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Zakman86 Click Here to Email Zakman86 Send a private message to Zakman86 Click to send Zakman86 an Instant MessageVisit Zakman86's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Zakman86's Have/Want ListView Zakman86's Have/Want List
There isn't a preview card in Realms. That was a typo that was corrected on the original data sheet (which was a copy/paste from Legends).

airwalk
posted August 02, 2012 04:19 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for airwalk Send a private message to airwalk Click to send airwalk an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hooskdaddy:
Eye of ugin was mythic...

It was mythic for reasons of lore and storyline, different case altogether.

What he meant to say is they aren't going to print lands that are supposed to be the formats staple cycle as mythic.

Zeckk
posted August 02, 2012 06:58 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Zeckk Click Here to Email Zeckk Send a private message to Zeckk Click to send Zeckk an Instant MessageVisit Zeckk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Zeckk's Have/Want ListView Zeckk's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by airwalk:
It was mythic for reasons of lore and storyline, different case altogether.

What he meant to say is they aren't going to print lands that are supposed to be the formats staple cycle as mythic.

Until the lore and storyline allow them to make a cycle of mythic lands :P.

Seriously, every criteria they originally outlined for what makes a mythic "mythic" has been broken at some point or another. There's absolutely nothing mythic about vengevine other than what the rarity did to it's market price. Cycle of mythic playables? Y HELO THAR TITANZ! Unplayable casual jank? Cast Through Time says hello from the bulk bin.

Don't get me wrong, R&D is getting better about what gets bumped to mythic, but Aaron Forsythe was pretty revealing when he was interviewed by TSG on the magic cruise this year regarding how mythics are made - specifically, R&D doesn't design cards with the mythic rarity in mind, and the cards that make the bump to mythic usually only do so in the later stages of development. Now, if you qualified your statement more towards the fact that R&D doesn't consider mana-fixing potential a "mythic" quality, then I would agree. But I could certainly see a cycle of legendary mythic lands if we ever revisit alara or kamigawa that also happen to be constructed staples.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League