Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Best software to track your Magic Collection?

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Best software to track your Magic Collection?
Steelerman
posted July 28, 2012 08:06 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Steelerman Click Here to Email Steelerman Send a private message to Steelerman Click to send Steelerman an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Steelerman's Have/Want ListView Steelerman's Have/Want List
Hello i am looking to get some software so i can keep track of what i have. especially after buying a few large collections. something fairly easy, with a search option? i honestly dont know what all is out there. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks Steelerman

Soldier Boi
posted July 28, 2012 08:32 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Soldier Boi Click Here to Email Soldier Boi Send a private message to Soldier Boi Click to send Soldier Boi an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Well if you have the time MS Excel works just fine. You can put your cards in one column and the amount in another. You can search with ctrl-f to look for whatever you want. Its basic, its easy, it works.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Soldier Boi on July 28, 2012]

Mr.C
posted July 29, 2012 12:19 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.C Click Here to Email Mr.C Send a private message to Mr.C Click to send Mr.C an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Mr.C's Have/Want ListView Mr.C's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Steelerman:
Hello i am looking to get some software so i can keep track of what i have. especially after buying a few large collections. something fairly easy, with a search option? i honestly dont know what all is out there. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks Steelerman

MagicAlbum is pretty decent.

southparker2002
posted July 29, 2012 06:08 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for southparker2002 Click Here to Email southparker2002 Send a private message to southparker2002 Click to send southparker2002 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View southparker2002's Have/Want ListView southparker2002's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Soldier Boi:
Well if you have the time MS Excel works just fine. You can put your cards in one column and the amount in another. You can search with ctrl-f to look for whatever you want. Its basic, its easy, it works.

+1

nderdog
posted July 30, 2012 07:50 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for nderdog Click Here to Email nderdog Send a private message to nderdog Click to send nderdog an Instant MessageVisit nderdog's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nderdog's Have/Want ListView nderdog's Have/Want List
It's a bit outdated (though there was just a survey done, which suggests that someone is at least looking at an update) but Magic Suitcase works pretty well for me. It has some issues with things like colored artifacts and Dryad Arbor because the core hasn't been updated recently enough to handle stuff like that, but it has updates for every set out, and beats the heck out of trying to hand-key or import set lists into Excel as needed.

All your Gruul Nodorogs are belong to me. Trade them to me, please!

Report rules violations.

Remember the Auctions Board!

WeedIan
posted July 30, 2012 08:28 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by nderdog:
It's a bit outdated (though there was just a survey done, which suggests that someone is at least looking at an update) but Magic Suitcase works pretty well for me. It has some issues with things like colored artifacts and Dryad Arbor because the core hasn't been updated recently enough to handle stuff like that, but it has updates for every set out, and beats the heck out of trying to hand-key or import set lists into Excel as needed.

Does it have an export to CSV at all?

2nd in posts in Canada
10th in posts on MOTL
5th in Refs in Ontario
Pushing to get to top 100 in MOTL Refs

Nitelite
posted July 31, 2012 01:05 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Nitelite Click Here to Email Nitelite Send a private message to Nitelite Click to send Nitelite an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I like mtgstudio. It costs money after an evaluation period but it is constantly updated and has a ridiculous amount of features.

Myysterio
posted July 31, 2012 04:10 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Myysterio Click Here to Email Myysterio Send a private message to Myysterio Click to send Myysterio an Instant MessageVisit Myysterio's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Myysterio's Have/Want ListView Myysterio's Have/Want List
I use Excel

In fact,I used my trade list to learn excel for my job :-P

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Myysterio on July 31, 2012]

nderdog
posted July 31, 2012 08:50 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for nderdog Click Here to Email nderdog Send a private message to nderdog Click to send nderdog an Instant MessageVisit nderdog's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nderdog's Have/Want ListView nderdog's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by WeedIan:
Does it have an export to CSV at all?

It is an Access DB, so yeah, you can export to lots of other formats, but being a programmer, I view Excel as a huge step down from an actual database.

All your Gruul Nodorogs are belong to me. Trade them to me, please!

Report rules violations.

Remember the Auctions Board!

lordofthepit23
posted July 31, 2012 10:44 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for lordofthepit23 Click Here to Email lordofthepit23 Send a private message to lordofthepit23 Click to send lordofthepit23 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I use a tab-delimited text file and I wrote some Python scripts to "add" new acquisitions and to search my inventory.

WeedIan
posted August 01, 2012 02:35 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by nderdog:
It is an Access DB, so yeah, you can export to lots of other formats, but being a programmer, I view Excel as a huge step down from an actual database.

I agree, but being able to export lists into something you can send to people and format is great.

2nd in posts in Canada
10th in posts on MOTL
5th in Refs in Ontario
Pushing to get to top 100 in MOTL Refs

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League