Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Did I miss a new format?

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Did I miss a new format?
keywacat
posted August 01, 2012 11:07 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for keywacat Click Here to Email keywacat Send a private message to keywacat Click to send keywacat an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View keywacat's Have/Want ListView keywacat's Have/Want List
I looked at StarCity to get a rough price comparison on cards, and was surprised they're all sold out at SCG prices.

Noble Hierarch, none at $25
Thoughtseize, none NM at $40
Sarkhan Vol, none at $15

Is there some new tournament format / series driving this or is this (admittedly) small sample merely an anomaly?

iccarus
posted August 01, 2012 11:28 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant MessageVisit iccarus's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View iccarus's Have/Want ListView iccarus's Have/Want List
Well, I'm assuming you've heard of modern at this point...

Noble and Thoughtseize are played in both Legacy and Modern, which would account for them still commanding good prices.

Not sure about Sarkhan Vol. I mean, he's fun in EDH, but I don't know if he sees play anywhere else.

I collect Granite Gargoyles. Send them my way.

keywacat
posted August 01, 2012 11:46 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for keywacat Click Here to Email keywacat Send a private message to keywacat Click to send keywacat an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View keywacat's Have/Want ListView keywacat's Have/Want List
Yeah, I know about Modern, but figured the prices would have stabilized unless some new tournament series for it is running.

edit: I use 'well' too much

[Edited 1 times, lastly by keywacat on August 01, 2012]

Zeckk
posted August 01, 2012 02:11 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Zeckk Click Here to Email Zeckk Send a private message to Zeckk Click to send Zeckk an Instant MessageVisit Zeckk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Zeckk's Have/Want ListView Zeckk's Have/Want List
There are a few very large modern events that are coming up in the next month or so, which could explain the price jump. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless ebay pricing is also jumping.

Soldier Boi
posted August 01, 2012 05:43 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Soldier Boi Click Here to Email Soldier Boi Send a private message to Soldier Boi Click to send Soldier Boi an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zeckk:
There are a few very large modern events that are coming up in the next month or so, which could explain the price jump. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless ebay pricing is also jumping.

What he said.

Sarkhan Vol is just a great card. Not really played but its rough finding someone willing to get rid of him. Plus he is only in one set.

stu55
posted August 01, 2012 06:00 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for stu55 Click Here to Email stu55 Send a private message to stu55 Click to send stu55 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Difference between sold out and none in stock

bigballashotcaller
posted August 02, 2012 01:26 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for bigballashotcaller Click Here to Email bigballashotcaller Send a private message to bigballashotcaller Click to send bigballashotcaller an Instant MessageVisit bigballashotcaller's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View bigballashotcaller's Have/Want ListView bigballashotcaller's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by stu55:
Difference between sold out and none in stock

And who knows what the deal is with SCG withholding stock and playing inventory games.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League