Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Set Release PROMO CARDS question

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Set Release PROMO CARDS question
mnDiff
posted July 02, 2012 09:32 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for mnDiff Click Here to Email mnDiff Send a private message to mnDiff Click to send mnDiff an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
How many Set Release foil Promo Card am I supposed to get per set release ???

- 1 per booster box I buy ?? if I buy 10 boxes I get 10 cards ??

or

- 1 per customer ?? either I buy 1 or 20 boxes I still get only 1 card ??

[Edited 1 times, lastly by mnDiff on July 02, 2012]

wayne
posted July 02, 2012 09:55 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for wayne Click Here to Email wayne Send a private message to wayne Click to send wayne an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View wayne's Have/Want ListView wayne's Have/Want List
Should be a per box or per boxes basis and not per customer.

Thanos
posted July 02, 2012 10:18 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Some stores only get a limited amount of buy a box promos, so they limit it to one per customer no matter how many boxes you buy, that way everyone has a chance to get a promo.

Pail42
posted July 02, 2012 10:44 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pail42 Send a private message to Pail42 Click to send Pail42 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Pail42's Have/Want ListView Pail42's Have/Want List
I might as well jump in here. Is it possible to get these promo's when ordering online and does anybody recommend a site to pre-order at?

I3Iood
posted July 02, 2012 10:55 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for I3Iood Click Here to Email I3Iood Send a private message to I3Iood Click to send I3Iood an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thanos:
Some stores only get a limited amount of buy a box promos, so they limit it to one per customer no matter how many boxes you buy, that way everyone has a chance to get a promo.

At my store I usually give out 1 per customer at first, then when all the orders are filled if there are any left, anyone who ordered more than 1 box can get extras.

quote:
Originally posted by Pail42:
I might as well jump in here. Is it possible to get these promo's when ordering online and does anybody recommend a site to pre-order at?

I have personally never seen an online store include the promos with boxes they have sold. There may be some but I have not seen or heard about it.

CubFan81
posted July 02, 2012 12:06 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for CubFan81 Click Here to Email CubFan81 Send a private message to CubFan81 Click to send CubFan81 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View CubFan81's Have/Want ListView CubFan81's Have/Want List
quote:

As far as I remember, the buy-a-box promos are for brick and mortar stores only. An incentive from Wizards to shop at your local store and keep the community going.

Pail42
posted July 02, 2012 12:39 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pail42 Send a private message to Pail42 Click to send Pail42 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Pail42's Have/Want ListView Pail42's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by CubFan81:
As far as I remember, the buy-a-box promos are for brick and mortar stores only. An incentive from Wizards to shop at your local store and keep the community going.

Seems reasonable, it's just that last time I bought a new box online it was about $30 cheaper than any of the stores in my area store sold it for. The shop closest to where I live now charges more than MSRP.

I3Iood
posted July 02, 2012 03:53 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for I3Iood Click Here to Email I3Iood Send a private message to I3Iood Click to send I3Iood an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Seems reasonable, it's just that last time I bought a new box online it was about $30 cheaper than any of the stores in my area store sold it for. The shop closest to where I live now charges more than MSRP.

I own a store. One thing you have to think about is that when I order from my distributor, I do not get the same discount that a store that orders 500 cases does. That is why many online stores can afford to charge cheaper. Can you go and play at the online store you ordered that cheaper box from?

The store near you charges more than $144 for a box? Jason

revenger
posted July 02, 2012 04:04 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for revenger Click Here to Email revenger Click to send revenger an Instant MessageVisit revenger's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View revenger's Have/Want ListView revenger's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by CubFan81:

there is no lgs here. closest one is 2 hour drive away. so what to do then?

Your 2008 and 2010 Motl Siskel & Ebert award winner!

34th in refs on Motl!

First in refs in state of Arizona!

I offer 3rd party trades. Email me if interested.

caquaa
posted July 02, 2012 04:27 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
Our store was giving them out at 1 per box, however Wizards sent out a communication shortly after the release of the last set that is is very specifically one per customer. 1 or 10 boxes, you should only be getting 1 promo if the store is following wotc's rules.

mnDiff
posted July 02, 2012 05:16 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for mnDiff Click Here to Email mnDiff Send a private message to mnDiff Click to send mnDiff an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by caquaa:
Our store was giving them out at 1 per box, however Wizards sent out a communication shortly after the release of the last set that is is very specifically one per customer. 1 or 10 boxes, you should only be getting 1 promo if the store is following wotc's rules.

this is EXACTLY why I did ask this exact question ...

My LGS was giving me 1 per box and since the last set claim that they only can give 1 per customer no matter the amount of boxes I buy ... and I always get between 1 and 4 cases depending on the set ... so 1 instead of 12 or 24 is a certain change yes ... near to a 50/100$ change or more ...

so thats why I did ask you guys this ...

anybody received that same message as caquaa ??

Pail42
posted July 03, 2012 07:29 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pail42 Send a private message to Pail42 Click to send Pail42 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Pail42's Have/Want ListView Pail42's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by I3Iood:
The store near you charges more than $144 for a box? Jason

They charged $15 over MSRP for the commander decks. I haven't checked their box prices, but I'd probably have to special order as their main business is warhammer. The store employee I dealt with was rude, and it took me minutes of standing alone at the counter to get service.

I haven't played in a store since ~2006, but the ones I play at I do spend an extra 20-30 on a box because I understand they simply can't afford to compete on price and it is nice having a place to hang out.

wayne
posted July 03, 2012 09:10 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for wayne Click Here to Email wayne Send a private message to wayne Click to send wayne an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View wayne's Have/Want ListView wayne's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by caquaa:

I got the 1 per 10 boxes message and I thought the store was being shortchanged by the distributor, lol.

mnDiff
posted July 03, 2012 09:40 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for mnDiff Click Here to Email mnDiff Send a private message to mnDiff Click to send mnDiff an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
but this seems strange to me because that would mean ...

- if you come with 10 friends and each of them buy a box for you then you end up with 10 promo cards ...

- but the good good customer who want to buy 10 boxes to his LGS instead of looking for wholesale price online... get rewarded with a slap in his face saying "you only get 1 per customer"

... right ???

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League