Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Card storage boxes in europe

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Card storage boxes in europe
fab
posted May 30, 2012 03:03 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for fab Click Here to Email fab Send a private message to fab Click to send fab an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Hello friends,

I dont know if this is the right forum to post this request but i am trying to buy storage boxes for magic cards since we are running low on storage...

something like this: http://www.bcwsupplies.com/products/trading-card-boxes/full-lid-super-monster-storage-box-5000-ct.htm

and I would like to buy maybe 30-50 boxes (to store about 250k cards)

the price on that website is great, but the shipping is killing me!

I live in the Netherlands. Do you know of anybody that sells those in the Netherlands or at least in Europe at a competitive price?

Feel free to contact me also via email at fabfesta@gmail.com

thank you
Fab

AEther Storm
posted May 30, 2012 03:06 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AEther Storm Click Here to Email AEther Storm Send a private message to AEther Storm Click to send AEther Storm an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AEther Storm's Have/Want ListView AEther Storm's Have/Want List
Fellow dutchie ,

you could contact them and try to haggle some about the shipping expenses, seeing you want to buy 30-50 boxes?

about stores in Europe, I wouldn't know. You could ask the manufacturer if they have distributors in Europe?

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those
who mind don't matter and those who matter don't
mind." -Dr. Seuss

keywacat
posted May 30, 2012 03:12 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for keywacat Click Here to Email keywacat Send a private message to keywacat Click to send keywacat an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View keywacat's Have/Want ListView keywacat's Have/Want List
I have noticed this also in Prague, this lack of boxes available. When I asked Czech players about it the answer was usually along the lines of 'we make do with whatever box we already have' i.e. shoe boxes or "I only have two decks, what would I need a box for?"

What about in Nederlands? Can you lot at least find 800 count card boxes?

fab
posted May 30, 2012 03:19 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for fab Click Here to Email fab Send a private message to fab Click to send fab an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
thx for the quick response guys! yes the 800 counts are not a problem to find but at local retails they go for something like 4-5 euros each (and I would need 300 of them...).
In some shops I could find 1 or 2 5000 counts but for 24.99 each!! Which I think is crazy for a carton box!

Volcanon
posted May 30, 2012 05:12 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fab:
thx for the quick response guys! yes the 800 counts are not a problem to find but at local retails they go for something like 4-5 euros each (and I would need 300 of them...).
In some shops I could find 1 or 2 5000 counts but for 24.99 each!! Which I think is crazy for a carton box!

At that point it's time to bring out the shoe boxes.

MagixDK
posted May 30, 2012 06:03 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MagixDK Click Here to Email MagixDK Send a private message to MagixDK Click to send MagixDK an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fab:

Free shoes w. box?

airwalk
posted May 30, 2012 02:07 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for airwalk Send a private message to airwalk Click to send airwalk an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Buy corrugated fiberboard, make your own boxes, sell them as Europe seems to be lacking boxes, profit.

davef139
posted May 30, 2012 04:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for davef139 Click Here to Email davef139 Send a private message to davef139 Click to send davef139 an Instant MessageVisit davef139's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Go to a packaging mfgr and ask about custom boxes, I currently have quotes out for boxes being made for an mtg project I am working on.

fab
posted May 31, 2012 12:46 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for fab Click Here to Email fab Send a private message to fab Click to send fab an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
thx for all the great ideas guys

el*diablo
posted June 01, 2012 04:06 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for el*diablo Click Here to Email el*diablo Send a private message to el*diablo Click to send el*diablo an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Fabio, se puņ esserti utile come info, anch'io qui a Napoli sono arrivato a 1.000.000 di carte, mi servirebbero almeno 100-150 box da 5000 (
Finora non ho trovato soluzioni praticabili, ti sarei grato se potessimo condividere le informazioni per ottenere un comodo risultato
Lo spazio č tiranno, quei box sarebbero comodissimi

fab
posted June 01, 2012 04:53 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for fab Click Here to Email fab Send a private message to fab Click to send fab an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
certo el diablo ti terro' al corrente

i spoke again with a local shop and the best they can do so far is 6.30 Euros for the 3200 counts... I will still try to contact the american shop to see if they can do something to reduce the shipping costs... i will keep you guys posted

fab
posted July 06, 2012 03:59 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for fab Click Here to Email fab Send a private message to fab Click to send fab an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
hi guys just to give you an update to this story. i contacted the american supplier and they told me that they franchised to two European distributors:

Germany
Unique Handels GMBH
Duisburg, DE
49-2-03-5193-9792

United Kingdom
Quantum Leap Group Limited
Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
44-1480-450006

I contacted the german one. The prices are much higher than the american one but considering that the shipping is almost free, it turns out not too bad of a deal. I ordered a bunch of the 930 counts (which for me was the best price to storage ratio) and I was contacted saying that they did not have them in stock (apparently many goods were damaged during the shipment from US) and they offered to give me the equivalent in 550 counts boxes at the same price.

In the end i would have preferred the bigger boxes but I am quite happy with the final outcome. They stack pretty nicely on top of each other and they are easy to label.

You to let you guys know

ciao
Fab

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League