Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Anyone going to GP Vancouver? (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Anyone going to GP Vancouver?
junichi
posted June 12, 2012 01:32 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for junichi Click Here to Email junichi Send a private message to junichi Click to send junichi an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View junichi's Have/Want ListView junichi's Have/Want List
I am curious if any MOTLers will be attending GP Vancouver? Hopefully, I will be able to meet some of you guys at the event.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help.

Thanos
posted June 12, 2012 02:57 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Pretty sure coolio will grace Vancouver with his presence.

Liq
posted June 12, 2012 03:21 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Liq Click Here to Email Liq Send a private message to Liq Click to send Liq an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Liq's Trade Auction or SaleView Liq's Trade Auction or Sale
Really depends if I get some transportation.

<BoltBait> Don't make me kick you
<Slinga> Have no fear, MOTL's janitor is here!
<nderdog> So we're all agreed, it's Liq's fault, right?
<Leshrac> let me deal with that
* Liq has been banned

junichi
posted June 14, 2012 09:41 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for junichi Click Here to Email junichi Send a private message to junichi Click to send junichi an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View junichi's Have/Want ListView junichi's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Liq:
Really depends if I get some transportation.

I heard there is a new bus company that offers cheap seats from Vancouver to Seattle, and vice versa.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help.

WeedIan
posted June 14, 2012 01:08 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
I have a friend going but myself no.

11th in posts on MOTL
5th in Refs in Ontario
Pushing to get to top 100 in MOTL Refs

Mr.C
posted June 16, 2012 04:24 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.C Click Here to Email Mr.C Send a private message to Mr.C Click to send Mr.C an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Mr.C's Have/Want ListView Mr.C's Have/Want List
Now that I don't have a job, I'll try to make it to all three days

seraphfire
posted June 16, 2012 08:14 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for seraphfire Click Here to Email seraphfire Send a private message to seraphfire Click to send seraphfire an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Coinflip on this one for me. It's a long drive from Portland for a high variance, low EV format.

jep
posted June 19, 2012 12:43 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for jep Click Here to Email jep Send a private message to jep Click to send jep an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
If any MOTL members need suggestions on where to go or stay while in Vancouver I can provide my assistance.

I may have connections depending on what you guys want to do.

Jep

coolio
posted June 24, 2012 07:03 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for coolio Click Here to Email coolio Send a private message to coolio Click to send coolio an Instant MessageVisit coolio's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
9-0'd day one

©

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
-Seneca the Younger

wayne
posted June 24, 2012 08:14 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for wayne Click Here to Email wayne Send a private message to wayne Click to send wayne an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View wayne's Have/Want ListView wayne's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by coolio:
9-0'd day one

©

Woo, congrats on being #1 at the end of day one! Btw, what happened to judging?

caquaa
posted June 24, 2012 09:11 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
9-0'd day one

©

go U/G soulbond day 2. Its been so good even when you get bad cards. Maybe we can see your ugly mug on the mothership ;p

Thanos
posted June 24, 2012 04:08 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
9-0'd day one

©

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/eventcoverage/gpvan12/welcome#3

Teferi Planeswalker
posted June 24, 2012 05:15 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Teferi Planeswalker Click Here to Email Teferi Planeswalker Send a private message to Teferi Planeswalker Click to send Teferi Planeswalker an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Teferi Planeswalker's Have/Want ListView Teferi Planeswalker's Have/Want List
Looks like he can top 8 if based on standings going into the last round with a draw.

Edit: It looks like his undefeated opponent is going to try to stay perfect and dreamcrush him.

Edit 2: Looks like he lost. He'll have to wait on tiebreakers.

Edit 3: Coolio edges out Rietzl for top8.

Congrats Coolio!

[Edited 3 times, lastly by Teferi Planeswalker on June 24, 2012]

Thanos
posted June 24, 2012 05:36 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
8th! Hell yeah!

Good run, we're all proud of ya

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Thanos on June 24, 2012]

MasterWolf
posted June 24, 2012 07:40 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MasterWolf Click Here to Email MasterWolf Send a private message to MasterWolf Click to send MasterWolf an Instant MessageVisit MasterWolf's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MasterWolf's Have/Want ListView MasterWolf's Have/Want List
GO GO COOLIO!

caquaa
posted June 24, 2012 09:13 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
odd, is it just me or is there no Elgaud Shieldmate anywhere in the top 8 draft decks? That makes the u/g archetype so much weaker

junichi
posted June 24, 2012 11:52 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for junichi Click Here to Email junichi Send a private message to junichi Click to send junichi an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View junichi's Have/Want ListView junichi's Have/Want List
Pretty awesome 3 days GP for me. I didn't play in any of the events, but I found a lot of high end foils for my EDH and collection, and I shook hands with Coolio.

I believe I also saw the infamous Matt K (clkedboa).

The 1832 edition of the American Frugal Housewife said that "nothing was better than earwax to prevent the painful effects resulting from a wound by a nail [or] skewer"; and also recommended earwax as a remedy for cracked lips.

Mr.C
posted June 25, 2012 12:01 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.C Click Here to Email Mr.C Send a private message to Mr.C Click to send Mr.C an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Mr.C's Have/Want ListView Mr.C's Have/Want List
Yeah, Matt K was there. IF I didn't know the history, I'd say he was a nice guy.

I got rid of all my bulk rares, got rid of a bunch of $2-$3 stuff, and picked up the cards I needed to complete P3K, AQ, AN and Legends, plus a ton of cool judge foils and promos.

Very happy

WeedIan
posted June 25, 2012 05:34 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
Congrats Coolio on the top 8 GP finish.

11th in posts on MOTL
5th in Refs in Ontario
Pushing to get to top 100 in MOTL Refs

Aznopium
posted June 25, 2012 06:47 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Aznopium Click Here to Email Aznopium Send a private message to Aznopium Click to send Aznopium an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Aznopium's Have/Want ListView Aznopium's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by WeedIan:

+1

coolio
posted June 25, 2012 08:56 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for coolio Click Here to Email coolio Send a private message to coolio Click to send coolio an Instant MessageVisit coolio's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WeedIan:

Thanks

©

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
-Seneca the Younger

totalkaoz
posted June 25, 2012 11:03 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for totalkaoz Click Here to Email totalkaoz Send a private message to totalkaoz Click to send totalkaoz an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View totalkaoz's Have/Want ListView totalkaoz's Have/Want List
Congrats on the Top 8 coolio, nice meeting you as well.

Myy
posted June 25, 2012 11:10 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Myy Click Here to Email Myy Send a private message to Myy Click to send Myy an Instant MessageVisit Myy's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Myy's Have/Want ListView Myy's Have/Want List
So what's coolio's real name? so i can focus on those matches?

junichi
posted June 25, 2012 11:30 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for junichi Click Here to Email junichi Send a private message to junichi Click to send junichi an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View junichi's Have/Want ListView junichi's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Myy:

Morgan Chang

The 1832 edition of the American Frugal Housewife said that "nothing was better than earwax to prevent the painful effects resulting from a wound by a nail [or] skewer"; and also recommended earwax as a remedy for cracked lips.

Thanos
posted June 25, 2012 11:31 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Myy:

How dare you not know his name is Morgan Chang by now!!!

God damn iphone typos...

[Edited 2 times, lastly by Thanos on June 25, 2012]

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League