Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Any advice for my first SCG Open Draft/Sealed Events

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Any advice for my first SCG Open Draft/Sealed Events
tragicmagic
posted June 15, 2012 11:11 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for tragicmagic Click Here to Email tragicmagic Send a private message to tragicmagic Click to send tragicmagic an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View tragicmagic's Trade Auction or SaleView tragicmagic's Trade Auction or Sale
I'm getting ready to play in my first sealed event type stuff this Sunday in Indy. I've only played in local drafts really and typically I do pretty well running green/red aggro or red/white speed when I draft. Any suggestions on what is winning though right now?

Zeckk
posted June 16, 2012 03:18 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Zeckk Click Here to Email Zeckk Send a private message to Zeckk Click to send Zeckk an Instant MessageVisit Zeckk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Zeckk's Have/Want ListView Zeckk's Have/Want List
If it's sealed, just make sure your deck is as proactive as possible unless you are just given a blatantly powerful durdle pool, i.e. multiple barter in bloods, homicidal seclusion, etc.

As far as drafting goes, don't overthink it. Every 5k draft open event I've done I've managed to make top 8 because most people don't actually have a clue when it comes to drafting. Keep a mental tab of your mana curve, pay attention to what bomby cards you are passing, and keep note of what bomby cards are getting passed to you.

paragondave
posted June 16, 2012 07:51 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
My advice...see if Jeremy Dombek is there, if so, steal his cards.

Meddling Pimp
posted June 17, 2012 05:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Meddling Pimp Click Here to Email Meddling Pimp Send a private message to Meddling Pimp Click to send Meddling Pimp an Instant MessageVisit Meddling Pimp's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by paragondave:
My advice...see if Jeremy Dombek is there, if so, steal his cards.

...and return them to all the people he stole them from. I hate seeing that dirtbag.

paragondave
posted June 19, 2012 01:13 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Meddling Pimp:
...and return them to all the people he stole them from. I hate seeing that dirtbag.

of course...that's what I meant. Thanks for finishing my thought.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League