Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Updatable Magic Price Guide in Excel

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Updatable Magic Price Guide in Excel
Moonkeeper
posted November 29, 2013 10:48 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Moonkeeper Click Here to Email Moonkeeper Send a private message to Moonkeeper Click to send Moonkeeper an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
http://rapidshare.com/share/2C937FCD7041709671659B16E16DC0D9

I just got a request for this via e-mail from a previous post. This is an Excel sheet that'll update the value of your collection. It pulls TCG Player mid-prices by running a macro and multiplies them by .75 to attempt to get closer to eBay prices.

edit: Updated to include sets through Journey Into Nyx; Fixed M10 name change convention

[Edited 3 times, lastly by Moonkeeper on May 13, 2014]

Mr.C
posted November 29, 2013 06:27 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.C Click Here to Email Mr.C Send a private message to Mr.C Click to send Mr.C an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Mr.C's Have/Want ListView Mr.C's Have/Want List
Is it still the same function if I want to use the low price?

Moonkeeper
posted December 07, 2013 06:47 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Moonkeeper Click Here to Email Moonkeeper Send a private message to Moonkeeper Click to send Moonkeeper an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
To change it to the low price, highlight column C then click find/replace

in the find box put: ,7,
in the replace box put: ,8,
click replace all

If you want to pull TCG prices without multiplying it by anything than just set the multiplier box on the Collection sheet to 1.

blandestk
posted December 12, 2013 08:53 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for blandestk Click Here to Email blandestk Send a private message to blandestk Click to send blandestk an Instant MessageVisit blandestk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
This is fantastic! Thanks for putting it together.

I haven't been to this site in years. What is the deal with the MOTL price guides? Are they up at all? Apologies for a topic I'm sure is up a billion times already.

Moonkeeper
posted December 22, 2013 06:49 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Moonkeeper Click Here to Email Moonkeeper Send a private message to Moonkeeper Click to send Moonkeeper an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by blandestk:
This is fantastic! Thanks for putting it together.

I haven't been to this site in years. What is the deal with the MOTL price guides? Are they up at all? Apologies for a topic I'm sure is up a billion times already.

Thanks. I used to take the price guide that was on this site and import it into Excel. I think eBay changed some of their site and it broke the price guides in such a way that they were unfixable. The people that put it together and maintained the csv file put a lot of work into it. They had to correct code with every change and set release.

Moonkeeper
posted February 23, 2014 11:51 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Moonkeeper Click Here to Email Moonkeeper Send a private message to Moonkeeper Click to send Moonkeeper an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
This is updated to include sets through Born of the Gods. The link is in the original post. Any questions feel free to post. Any suggestions let me know.

ryan2754
posted February 23, 2014 01:36 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ryan2754 Click Here to Email ryan2754 Send a private message to ryan2754 Click to send ryan2754 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ryan2754's Have/Want ListView ryan2754's Have/Want List
No foils correct?

Moonkeeper
posted February 23, 2014 07:34 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Moonkeeper Click Here to Email Moonkeeper Send a private message to Moonkeeper Click to send Moonkeeper an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
No foils.

ryan2754
posted May 09, 2014 04:56 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ryan2754 Click Here to Email ryan2754 Send a private message to ryan2754 Click to send ryan2754 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ryan2754's Have/Want ListView ryan2754's Have/Want List
This up to date with Journey?

(87 behind souladvocate)
1st in Posts in OH-IO
(Passed the legendary ValMTG)

“If Brad Stevens is the future of coaching in college basketball, the sport is in a good place" - Rick Pitin

Goaswerfraiejen
posted May 09, 2014 05:20 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Goaswerfraiejen Click Here to Email Goaswerfraiejen Send a private message to Goaswerfraiejen Click to send Goaswerfraiejen an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ryan2754:
This up to date with Journey?

BnG.

RIP Ari

Legacy UGB River Rock primer. PM comments/questions.
Info on grad school in Phil.

Moonkeeper
posted May 10, 2014 06:29 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Moonkeeper Click Here to Email Moonkeeper Send a private message to Moonkeeper Click to send Moonkeeper an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Hey guys. I saw in my e-mail that there were a couple responses to this asking for updates. I'll update as soon as I can. We had kid #4 back in February and my Magic activity has been somewhat limited since (I haven't even played a game of Magic since). A couple people that I've talked to via e-mail have made their own mods to it as well. If anyone else wanted to update it I would not take offense. Once life calms down a bit I'll add the more recent sets (and hopefully start playing again).

Moonkeeper
posted May 13, 2014 04:11 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Moonkeeper Click Here to Email Moonkeeper Send a private message to Moonkeeper Click to send Moonkeeper an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I just updated this in the original thread to include Journey into Nyx and to fix the naming convention change that caused the m10 links to break.

tragicmagic
posted May 22, 2014 11:34 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for tragicmagic Click Here to Email tragicmagic Send a private message to tragicmagic Click to send tragicmagic an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View tragicmagic's Trade Auction or SaleView tragicmagic's Trade Auction or Sale
Do you know if this can be imported into Crystal Commerce?

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League