Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Return to Ravnica - cheapest preorder price? (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Return to Ravnica - cheapest preorder price?
Shap
posted August 30, 2012 09:38 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Shap Click Here to Email Shap Send a private message to Shap Click to send Shap an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
So my friends and I haven't bought new packs/boxes since Zendikar block. And holy cow have things gotten more expensive! Looks like RtR is preordering for $100 everywhere. Does anyone know of a site that has it for less? Specifically, I'm looking for a $100 TOTAL cost (including taxes & shipping) because I have a Visa gift card I'd like to use.

ardeay
posted August 30, 2012 09:49 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for ardeay Send a private message to ardeay Click to send ardeay an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ardeay's Have/Want ListView ardeay's Have/Want List

https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1345766655-7bd9b79076388115a44e1981e398e8b3-4d591c6?pa=11332624844

Shap
posted August 30, 2012 09:51 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Shap Click Here to Email Shap Send a private message to Shap Click to send Shap an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Okay I found a site - www.miniaturemarket.com - that has them for $95 but with free shipping on orders over $99. I added a 9-pocked Ultrapro binder to bring it to $100.99 which seems good.

Has anyone ordered from this site before? I've never heard of it.

I also see some preorders on eBay for just under $100. Does anyone have experience using Visa gift cards through PayPal? I know you can charge a credit card instead of your PayPal balance when paying for things but I've never tried with a gift card before.

Aznopium
posted August 30, 2012 12:09 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Aznopium Click Here to Email Aznopium Send a private message to Aznopium Click to send Aznopium an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Aznopium's Have/Want ListView Aznopium's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Shap:
Okay I found a site - www.miniaturemarket.com - that has them for $95 but with free shipping on orders over $99. I added a 9-pocked Ultrapro binder to bring it to $100.99 which seems good.

I also see some preorders on eBay for just under $100. Does anyone have experience using Visa gift cards through PayPal? I know you can charge a credit card instead of your PayPal balance when paying for things but I've never tried with a gift card before.

ORder stuff from them through ebay (4c Commander Decks). No problems, got all 4 in one box, no packaging issues iirc

mm1983
posted August 30, 2012 12:28 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for mm1983 Click Here to Email mm1983 Send a private message to mm1983 Click to send mm1983 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mm1983's Have/Want ListView mm1983's Have/Want List
I've ordered my cases from miniaturemarket.com for the last few years now. They may not be the absolute cheapest but shipping is pretty fast. I always get them on the Monday or Tuesday after the Friday release date. I pay $92 a box when buying as a case and $30 each on fatpacks.

pugowar
posted August 31, 2012 07:25 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for pugowar Click Here to Email pugowar Send a private message to pugowar Click to send pugowar an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View pugowar's Have/Want ListView pugowar's Have/Want List
Check out www.hillswholesale.com
Ask for Nathan. Should be less than 90 shipped.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by pugowar on August 31, 2012]

hilikuS
posted August 31, 2012 08:27 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for hilikuS Click Here to Email hilikuS Send a private message to hilikuS Click to send hilikuS an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View hilikuS's Trade Auction or SaleView hilikuS's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by Shap:

Yeah, they've been really good to me thus far. I've been pre-ordering from them for the past few sets, and getting cases at $510 (with 1% cash back in points for other purchases) shipped. RTR seems to have way more hype, and I've seen their pre-orders at $522 very briefly. I think they hiked the price to go with the hype of Return to Rav.

They're generally good for that, as well as pretty cheap dragon shield 100 packs.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by hilikuS on August 31, 2012]

Zeckk
posted September 01, 2012 05:32 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Zeckk Click Here to Email Zeckk Send a private message to Zeckk Click to send Zeckk an Instant MessageVisit Zeckk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Zeckk's Have/Want ListView Zeckk's Have/Want List
Do your pre-orders through online stores include the buy-a-box promos? If they don't, seems like doing a pre-order at a LGS for 99 seems better value.

thror
posted September 01, 2012 07:49 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for thror Send a private message to thror Click to send thror an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View thror's Trade Auction or SaleView thror's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by Zeckk:
Do your pre-orders through online stores include the buy-a-box promos? If they don't, seems like doing a pre-order at a LGS for 99 seems better value.

Normally, you dont get a promo from buying online. Also, i dont know of any brick and mortars that will sell boxes for 99, when msrp is around 140.

[16:17] <@BrassMan> what do you need new tech for?
[16:18] <@BrassMan> gush is unrestricted

[19:01] <nderEvo> you can delete yourself

Zeckk
posted September 02, 2012 05:30 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Zeckk Click Here to Email Zeckk Send a private message to Zeckk Click to send Zeckk an Instant MessageVisit Zeckk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Zeckk's Have/Want ListView Zeckk's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by thror:
Normally, you dont get a promo from buying online. Also, i dont know of any brick and mortars that will sell boxes for 99, when msrp is around 140.

Really? Just about every LGS in the Vegas area sells boxes at that pre-order price. I know not everyone has access to brick-and-mortar shops in large markets, but that pricing is pretty typical for most of the west-coast areas I've been to.

mm1983
posted September 02, 2012 06:49 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for mm1983 Click Here to Email mm1983 Send a private message to mm1983 Click to send mm1983 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mm1983's Have/Want ListView mm1983's Have/Want List
Buy a box promo's are only from buying the box in the local game store at the inflated price of what you can buy the box for online. I would rather just buy the boxes online and then pay about $20-25 extra for a set of buy a box promos if I wanted them.

Drexus
posted September 02, 2012 09:50 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Drexus Click Here to Email Drexus Send a private message to Drexus Click to send Drexus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Anyone know the cheapest place I can get boxes shipped internationally?

Gislasa
posted September 02, 2012 12:32 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Gislasa Click Here to Email Gislasa Send a private message to Gislasa Click to send Gislasa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Gislasa's Have/Want ListView Gislasa's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by ardeay:

https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1345766655-7bd9b79076388115a44e1981e398e8b 3-4d591c6?pa=11332624844

Is this website 'untapped games' legit? Their buylist prices are HIGHER than sell prices. Can anyone confirm or disconfirm this as a scam?

coolio
posted September 02, 2012 12:46 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for coolio Click Here to Email coolio Send a private message to coolio Click to send coolio an Instant MessageVisit coolio's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Drexus:
Anyone know the cheapest place I can get boxes shipped internationally?

That, i think would be in breach of wotcs stateside sellers agreemrnts

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
-Seneca the Younger

AGO
posted September 02, 2012 01:17 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for AGO Click Here to Email AGO Send a private message to AGO Click to send AGO an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AGO's Trade Auction or SaleView AGO's Trade Auction or Sale
All the stores in my area have a frequent buyer's card. If you spend $100 you get $10 store credit. So preordering at the store is way better for me since i get store credit and the buy a box promo

Zeckk
posted September 02, 2012 05:14 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Zeckk Click Here to Email Zeckk Send a private message to Zeckk Click to send Zeckk an Instant MessageVisit Zeckk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Zeckk's Have/Want ListView Zeckk's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by mm1983:
Buy a box promo's are only from buying the box in the local game store at the inflated price of what you can buy the box for online. I would rather just buy the boxes online and then pay about $20-25 extra for a set of buy a box promos if I wanted them.

But that's the thing. If 85 + 10 for shipping is the best online price, and 99 is the best LGS price, why bother with online?

mm1983
posted September 03, 2012 07:35 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for mm1983 Click Here to Email mm1983 Send a private message to mm1983 Click to send mm1983 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mm1983's Have/Want ListView mm1983's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Zeckk:

But that's the thing. If 85 + 10 for shipping is the best online price, and 99 is the best LGS price, why bother with online?

$92 free shipping is basically what I get per box when buying by the case. My LGS sells them for $108 I believe.

caquaa
posted September 03, 2012 08:55 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
$92 free shipping is basically what I get per box when buying by the case. My LGS sells them for $108 I believe.

ask quietly if your LGS will match? They should be willing to make $20 a box when you buy a case rather then $0 when you go buy elsewhere. Even if it isn't what they'd prefer to make, its easy money.

Volcanon
posted September 03, 2012 09:16 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by caquaa:
ask quietly if your LGS will match? They should be willing to make $20 a box when you buy a case rather then $0 when you go buy elsewhere. Even if it isn't what they'd prefer to make, its easy money.

I've found stores are rarely willing to match prices with ebay or online shops. The usual answer is, "well go buy it there then."

MagixDK
posted September 03, 2012 09:21 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MagixDK Click Here to Email MagixDK Send a private message to MagixDK Click to send MagixDK an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Volcanon:
I've found stores are rarely willing to match prices with ebay or online shops. The usual answer is, "well go buy it there then."

THIS.

considering the time placing their order etc, then paying taxes, that 20 bucks isnt much.

Drexus
posted September 03, 2012 10:00 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Drexus Click Here to Email Drexus Send a private message to Drexus Click to send Drexus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by coolio:
That, i think would be in breach of wotcs stateside sellers agreemrnts

Is the agreement limited to selling out of the US? Considering how many boxes are available for sale on ebay I assume either that is the case or they do a bad job policing

D'Shay
posted September 06, 2012 09:15 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for D'Shay Click Here to Email D'Shay Send a private message to D'Shay Click to send D'Shay an Instant MessageVisit D'Shay's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I believe it is divided into regions and you can only sell to your region or you violate the agreement that the business signed with WOTC.

Abinks
Banned
posted September 06, 2012 09:21 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Abinks Click Here to Email Abinks Send a private message to Abinks Click to send Abinks an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by caquaa:

I go to the same LGS as mm1983 and no, the owner there wouldn't match the price.

WeedIan
posted September 06, 2012 09:31 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
Any decent Canadian based prices?

I want a case but i don't think my LGS will give me a deal, Face to Face games is already sold out for cases

2nd in posts in Canada
10th in posts on MOTL
5th in Refs in Ontario
Pushing to get to top 100 in MOTL Refs

JayC
posted September 06, 2012 03:49 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for JayC Click Here to Email JayC Send a private message to JayC Click to send JayC an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View JayC's Have/Want ListView JayC's Have/Want List
quote:

My store will do $99 if I buy 3 or more, I believe. I'd rather help the local store than save a few bucks.

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League