Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Best places for Cheap Lands

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Best places for Cheap Lands
slurpee
posted May 09, 2012 01:36 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for slurpee Click Here to Email slurpee Send a private message to slurpee Click to send slurpee an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View slurpee's Trade Auction or SaleView slurpee's Trade Auction or Sale
I was looking through my sets and noticed no basic lands. Went online to buy some and 7-10 cents a piece seems to be the norm.

Anyone know of a place for cheap lands 3-5 cents? Hey I know the difference is not a lot but it can add up when you are talking about buying more then a thousand lands.

harbingerofthevoid
posted May 09, 2012 02:00 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for harbingerofthevoid Click Here to Email harbingerofthevoid Send a private message to harbingerofthevoid Click to send harbingerofthevoid an Instant MessageVisit harbingerofthevoid's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View harbingerofthevoid's Have/Want ListView harbingerofthevoid's Have/Want List
Do you care if they are WB or BB? NM? Same set? same language?

I have several boxes of basics. I probably can't send you 1000 but I could probably just send you maybe 250+ or so.

Now if you wanted to make a trade out of it to cover postage, I wouldn't be opposed to that either

M:tG set printing and spreadsheet utility | Whitehaven Kiwanis

Aznopium
posted May 09, 2012 02:05 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Aznopium Click Here to Email Aznopium Send a private message to Aznopium Click to send Aznopium an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Aznopium's Have/Want ListView Aznopium's Have/Want List
I think slurpee is just talking about getting specific basics to complete a set.

I.e, getting each of the different pics of the basic lands from Revised (each of the 3 swamps, etc)

harbingerofthevoid
posted May 09, 2012 02:20 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for harbingerofthevoid Click Here to Email harbingerofthevoid Send a private message to harbingerofthevoid Click to send harbingerofthevoid an Instant MessageVisit harbingerofthevoid's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View harbingerofthevoid's Have/Want ListView harbingerofthevoid's Have/Want List
Oh yeah. Missed the word "sets" in there.

Well in that case, you as a set collector, you might have a list of all the lands you need. Again, I have a crap ton. When they made starter decks, I would buy a box of them per set.

I'm pseudo in the process of organizing my collection so, if you have a list and want me to look for specifics, I'm game.

WeedIan
posted May 09, 2012 03:00 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
Its going to be tough not to pay the 7 to 10 cents if you want exact cards and in NM condition.

11th in posts on MOTL
5th in Refs in Ontario
Pushing to get to top 100 in MOTL Refs

Volcanon
posted May 09, 2012 03:48 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
You can buy cheap land in Buffalo, Wyoming.

Pimped out log cabin for $75,000.
http://www.buffalowyominghomes.com/residential_properties
Comes with zero baths and 2 bedrooms!

MagixDK
posted May 09, 2012 10:27 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MagixDK Click Here to Email MagixDK Send a private message to MagixDK Click to send MagixDK an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Volcanon:
You can buy cheap land in Buffalo, Wyoming.

Pimped out log cabin for $75,000.
http://www.buffalowyominghomes.com/residential_properties
Comes with zero baths and 2 bedrooms!

What sets are these from?

Mr.C
posted May 09, 2012 11:22 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.C Click Here to Email Mr.C Send a private message to Mr.C Click to send Mr.C an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Mr.C's Have/Want ListView Mr.C's Have/Want List
I walked into a local store with a box of extra basics and asked if I could trade them for the ones he had in boxes. That's the way to go

PortlisX
posted May 10, 2012 03:41 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for PortlisX Click Here to Email PortlisX Send a private message to PortlisX Click to send PortlisX an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
How many sets are you looking to complete where the difference between 7 cents and 5 cents is going to make a difference worth worrying about? You're literally talking about a few bucks.

Even at a difference of a nickel a land, if you were completing 10 sets with 4 different arts for each land, you're talking about a difference of $10. Don't get me wrong, $10 is $10, but you can't really expect to find someone willing to spend hours of their time digging for hundreds of specific lands for next to nothing. There's got to be at least a very small incentive there.

I know I wasn't the least bit useful in helping to answer your question, but my point was simply that it might not be worth worrying about and wasting time on if you've already found a place at 7 cents / each with what you need.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League