Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Warped Foils

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Warped Foils
simbayu
posted April 12, 2012 10:05 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for simbayu Send a private message to simbayu Click to send simbayu an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
So I bought 2 foils and they were shipped without a top loader, sleeve or any kind of protective covering. Flimsy, easily bendable cardboard was used to "stabilize" the cards. One was a foil Iona so the cards in question weren't cheap. Anyhow, they came in extremely warped. Both foils are warped such that the ne and sw parts of the card are MUCH higher. They are not sleeve playable as of now because they are easily detectable in a deck. You can basically cut to either card 100% of the time. Is there a way to flatten these cards out that doesnt involve ironing them out?

Thanks in advance for any help.
- Henry

[Edited 1 times, lastly by simbayu on April 12, 2012]

EternusIra
posted April 12, 2012 10:14 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for EternusIra Click Here to Email EternusIra Send a private message to EternusIra Click to send EternusIra an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Normally putting them under a bunch of books or weight with two flat surfaces on the top and bottom of the card work.

AlmostGrown
posted April 13, 2012 08:53 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AlmostGrown Click Here to Email AlmostGrown Send a private message to AlmostGrown Click to send AlmostGrown an Instant MessageVisit AlmostGrown's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AlmostGrown's Have/Want ListView AlmostGrown's Have/Want List
Perfect sleeve them, then sleeve them in a regular sleeve, then put them under a dictionary or two.

rockondon
posted April 13, 2012 09:42 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for rockondon Click Here to Email rockondon Send a private message to rockondon Click to send rockondon an Instant MessageVisit rockondon's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View rockondon's Have/Want ListView rockondon's Have/Want List
I always just bend them the other way to even it out.

|~~My #1 Angel~~l'_|'_|_|)
|(@)(@)""***|(@)(@)**|(@)

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League