Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  cards from malaysia

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   cards from malaysia
southparker2002
posted April 10, 2012 03:42 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for southparker2002 Click Here to Email southparker2002 Send a private message to southparker2002 Click to send southparker2002 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View southparker2002's Have/Want ListView southparker2002's Have/Want List
How long does it take usually to recieve cards in the us from malaysia? I bought some cards on ebay on 2/25 and the seller sent me a video of him mailing them out with my name and address on the bubble mailer and i haven't received yet.

MagicPatty
posted April 10, 2012 04:04 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MagicPatty Click Here to Email MagicPatty Send a private message to MagicPatty Click to send MagicPatty an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MagicPatty's Have/Want ListView MagicPatty's Have/Want List
something about the guy making a video to prove that he sent seems fishy.

caquaa
posted April 10, 2012 04:05 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by MagicPatty:
something about the guy making a video to prove that he sent seems fishy.

yah, seems about right.

I'm not really sure, but at this point if its on ebay, I hope you've filed your paypal claim already. There is a time limit on it... I think 20 days? something like that.

SolonJhee
posted April 10, 2012 04:54 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for SolonJhee Click Here to Email SolonJhee Send a private message to SolonJhee Click to send SolonJhee an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Unless the policy has changed recently, the time to file a claim is like 45 days after purchase.

PortlisX
posted April 10, 2012 05:41 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for PortlisX Click Here to Email PortlisX Send a private message to PortlisX Click to send PortlisX an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Video schmideo.

Unless the seller has PROOF OF DELIVERY then it means nothing. File a claim now because too much time has passed already and you don't want to miss your opportunity.

I'm an advocate of giving up to 1 month for international deals because sometimes they honestly do take that long. Anything beyond that, and something has most likely gone wrong.

Be an honest buyer though: If the cards do miraculously show up after you've successfully won a claim, make sure to reimburse the seller. It's happened to me before in a sale to Italy (I shipped cards, buyer filed a claim against me 3 weeks later because they hadn't shown up yet, then they did show up about 5 weeks after shipping them and luckily the buyer was honest and reimbursed me, which I obviously appreciated.)

Phyrexian Angel
posted April 10, 2012 06:11 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Phyrexian Angel Click Here to Email Phyrexian Angel Send a private message to Phyrexian Angel Click to send Phyrexian Angel an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SolonJhee:
Unless the policy has changed recently, the time to file a claim is like 45 days after purchase.

To make it clear, it should be within 45 days after purchase.

Once I sent to French Polynesia and it took 2 months for the item to be delivered. But anyway, if you don't receive your item after a month then you should file a claim.

Bagbokk
posted April 10, 2012 06:18 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bagbokk Click Here to Email Bagbokk Send a private message to Bagbokk Click to send Bagbokk an Instant MessageVisit Bagbokk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I don't think it's fishy, but it's certainly not sufficient proof for him to win in a paypal claim.

It's apparently been 1.5 months, so I'd say open a claim ASAP so you don't miss the deadline. I would normally suggest always contacting the seller first; they're quite often willing to issue you a refund if they know they don't have proof of delivery. I would also suggest everything that PortlisX already mentioned.

wayne
posted April 10, 2012 08:02 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for wayne Click Here to Email wayne Send a private message to wayne Click to send wayne an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View wayne's Have/Want ListView wayne's Have/Want List
I'd say mail should take only 3-4 weeks in most cases from Malaysia

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League