Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Top 10 Reanimateable Fatties? (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Top 10 Reanimateable Fatties?
simbayu
posted April 10, 2012 11:42 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for simbayu Send a private message to simbayu Click to send simbayu an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Who do you guys think are the top 10 most powerful, game ending creatures that can be reanimated? Mana cost and color does not matter.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by simbayu on April 10, 2012]

junichi
posted April 10, 2012 11:44 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for junichi Click Here to Email junichi Send a private message to junichi Click to send junichi an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View junichi's Have/Want ListView junichi's Have/Want List
Phage the Untouchable is a game ending reanimate target.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help.

James_Hetfield2
posted April 10, 2012 11:50 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for James_Hetfield2 Click Here to Email James_Hetfield2 Send a private message to James_Hetfield2 Click to send James_Hetfield2 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View James_Hetfield2's Have/Want ListView James_Hetfield2's Have/Want List
Empyrial Archangel
Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
Iona, Shield of Emeria
Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur
Inkwell Leviathan
Sphinx of the Steel Wind
Angel of Despair
Platinum Emperion
Sundering Titan
Terastadon
Blazing Archon

Some of the creatures run by Legacy Reanimator.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by James_Hetfield2 on April 10, 2012]

Nitelite
posted April 10, 2012 11:58 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Nitelite Click Here to Email Nitelite Send a private message to Nitelite Click to send Nitelite an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Sheoldred as well

simbayu
posted April 10, 2012 03:46 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for simbayu Send a private message to simbayu Click to send simbayu an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by junichi:
Phage the Untouchable is a game ending reanimate target.

Yes, but for the wrong team!

choco man
posted April 10, 2012 08:13 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for choco man Click Here to Email choco man Send a private message to choco man Click to send choco man an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View choco man's Have/Want ListView choco man's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by James_Hetfield2:
Empyrial Archangel
Iona, Shield of Emeria
Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur
Inkwell Leviathan
Sphinx of the Steel Wind
Angel of Despair
Platinum Emperion
Sundering Titan
Terastadon
Blazing Archon

Some of those guys actually get hard-casted legitimately enough (Elesh Norn, Sundering Titan) instead of just being purely reanimated.

If you're only considering things that a reanimator deck would play, it definitely affects the list. Emrakul is my first pick if I ever needed just one creature in play, but you would never really play him in a reanimator deck (same with Progenitus). There are definitely ways to reanimate Emrakul though.

Phyrexian Angel
posted April 10, 2012 08:24 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Phyrexian Angel Click Here to Email Phyrexian Angel Send a private message to Phyrexian Angel Click to send Phyrexian Angel an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by choco man:
Some of those guys actually get hard-casted legitimately enough (Elesh Norn, Sundering Titan) instead of just being purely reanimated.

If you're only considering things that a reanimator deck would play, it definitely affects the list. Emrakul is my first pick if I ever needed just one creature in play, but you would never really play him in a reanimator deck (same with Progenitus). There are definitely ways to reanimate Emrakul though.

Goryo's Vengeance

Sovarius
posted April 10, 2012 08:55 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Sovarius Click Here to Email Sovarius Send a private message to Sovarius Click to send Sovarius an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Sovarius's Trade Auction or SaleView Sovarius's Trade Auction or Sale
Who said they could only be creatures that HAD to be reanimated?

But Iona, Jin, Inkwell, and Terastodon are my favorites. A good reanimator targets needs to have an immediate game changing effect, or is really difficult to deal with. Like Inkwell.

Emrakul and Progenitus would be nice if you didn't have to jump through hoops to get them to stick. Using either one of them for one turn isn't that great.

revenger
posted April 10, 2012 09:37 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for revenger Click Here to Email revenger Click to send revenger an Instant MessageVisit revenger's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View revenger's Have/Want ListView revenger's Have/Want List
Akroma, Angel of Wrath doesn't make the top ten list? That wench, that bitch, that angel who has practically everything but the kitchen sink? I've lost to her a few times. Sphinx of the Steel Wind number 11?

Your 2008 and 2010 Motl Siskel & Ebert award winner!

38th in refs on Motl!

First in refs in state of Arizona!

Werewolf II: Nemesis

mulder
posted April 10, 2012 09:52 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for mulder Click Here to Email mulder Send a private message to mulder Click to send mulder an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Polar Kraken. Old style :-).

xxxcryoserumxxx
posted April 10, 2012 10:26 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for xxxcryoserumxxx Click Here to Email xxxcryoserumxxx Send a private message to xxxcryoserumxxx Click to send xxxcryoserumxxx an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View xxxcryoserumxxx's Have/Want ListView xxxcryoserumxxx's Have/Want List
Can Emrakul even be reanimated? When he dies or touches the gravyard he gets shuffled into the library right away.

[When Emrakul is put into a graveyard from anywhere, its owner shuffles his or her graveyard into his or her library.]

simbayu
posted April 10, 2012 11:05 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for simbayu Send a private message to simbayu Click to send simbayu an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xxxcryoserumxxx:
Can Emrakul even be reanimated? When he dies or touches the gravyard he gets shuffled into the library right away.

[When Emrakul is put into a graveyard from anywhere, its owner shuffles his or her graveyard into his or her library.]

You can instant speed reanimate like narcomancy (sp?) when the shuffle trigger is on the stack.

ZachSellsMagic
posted April 11, 2012 05:28 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for ZachSellsMagic Click Here to Email ZachSellsMagic Send a private message to ZachSellsMagic Click to send ZachSellsMagic an Instant MessageVisit ZachSellsMagic's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ZachSellsMagic's Have/Want ListView ZachSellsMagic's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by James_Hetfield2:
Empyrial Archangel
Iona, Shield of Emeria
Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur
Inkwell Leviathan
Sphinx of the Steel Wind
Angel of Despair
Platinum Emperion
Sundering Titan
Terastadon
Blazing Archon

That's exactly the list I would propose. Sheoldred would probably be next.

B14ckM4g3
posted April 11, 2012 06:27 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for B14ckM4g3 Click Here to Email B14ckM4g3 Send a private message to B14ckM4g3 Click to send B14ckM4g3 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
No blightsteel?

nylarotep
posted April 11, 2012 07:01 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for nylarotep Click Here to Email nylarotep Send a private message to nylarotep Click to send nylarotep an Instant MessageVisit nylarotep's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nylarotep's Have/Want ListView nylarotep's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by B14ckM4g3:
No blightsteel?

Blightsteel can never be reanimated, it's shuffle effect is a replacement effect and thus it will never hit the graveyard.

James_Hetfield2
posted April 11, 2012 07:11 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for James_Hetfield2 Click Here to Email James_Hetfield2 Send a private message to James_Hetfield2 Click to send James_Hetfield2 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View James_Hetfield2's Have/Want ListView James_Hetfield2's Have/Want List
http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=129833&d=1333944194

This guy is interesting. Even he gets Sworded or Karkased (new word )you can still draw 7 cards.

Drexus
posted April 11, 2012 08:50 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Drexus Click Here to Email Drexus Send a private message to Drexus Click to send Drexus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
^ only costs 15 life if you use reanimate

Sovarius
posted April 11, 2012 09:15 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Sovarius Click Here to Email Sovarius Send a private message to Sovarius Click to send Sovarius an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Sovarius's Trade Auction or SaleView Sovarius's Trade Auction or Sale
Who said they could only be creatures that HAD to be reanimated?

But Iona, Jin, Inkwell, and Terastodon are my favorites. A good reanimator targets needs to have an immediate game changing effect, or is really difficult to deal with. Like Inkwell.

Emrakul and Progenitus would be nice if you didn't have to jump through hoops to get them to stick. Using either one of them for one turn isn't that great.

Crash21
posted April 11, 2012 10:16 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Crash21 Click Here to Email Crash21 Send a private message to Crash21 Click to send Crash21 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Crash21's Have/Want ListView Crash21's Have/Want List
It that Betrays. I've reanimated him on turn 2 before...with haste, lol.

Havoc Demon
posted April 11, 2012 02:12 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Havoc Demon Click Here to Email Havoc Demon Send a private message to Havoc Demon Click to send Havoc Demon an Instant MessageVisit Havoc Demon's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Going old school with Phantom Nishoba.

Support my friend's store: http://www.tabletoparena.com

airwalk
posted April 11, 2012 02:20 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for airwalk Send a private message to airwalk Click to send airwalk an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Golgari Grave-Troll takes #1.

Honorable mention to Sutured Ghoul.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by airwalk on April 11, 2012]

Sovarius
posted April 11, 2012 02:37 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Sovarius Click Here to Email Sovarius Send a private message to Sovarius Click to send Sovarius an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Sovarius's Trade Auction or SaleView Sovarius's Trade Auction or Sale
Holy crap, those are both so bad. I don't get it.

Troll needs plenty of creatures to do his thing. Any other dude is self sufficient.
Why do you want a vanilla-ass trampler that ruins your deck?

I think you're talking about a different reanimator

airwalk
posted April 11, 2012 02:40 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for airwalk Send a private message to airwalk Click to send airwalk an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sovarius:
Holy crap, those are both so bad. I don't get it.

Troll needs plenty of creatures to do his thing. Any other dude is self sufficient.
Why do you want a vanilla-ass trampler that ruins your deck?

I think you're talking about a different reanimator

I guess you have never heard of Dredge or Cephalid Breakfast?

I'd wager Grave-Troll is the most oft reanimated creature in Magic history. Sutured Ghoul being a 45+/45+ hasted trampler is pretty good I hear.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by airwalk on April 11, 2012]

Sovarius
posted April 11, 2012 03:19 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Sovarius Click Here to Email Sovarius Send a private message to Sovarius Click to send Sovarius an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Sovarius's Trade Auction or SaleView Sovarius's Trade Auction or Sale
Ok so yeah, sort of like i said, you're talking about a different reanimator. We seem to have only been discussing basically entomb+reanimate targets.

airwalk
posted April 11, 2012 03:27 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for airwalk Send a private message to airwalk Click to send airwalk an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sovarius:
Ok so yeah, sort of like i said, you're talking about a different reanimator. We seem to have only been discussing basically entomb+reanimate targets.

That's neat, but it's not what the OP asked.

quote:
Originally posted by simbayu:
Who do you guys think are the top 10 most powerful, game ending creatures that can be reanimated? Mana cost and color does not matter.

Sutured Ghoul is more of a game ender than anything listed so far aside from perhaps Jin-Gitaxias who effectivly wins the game if he survives a turn, but doesn't outright win the game then and there.

I expect Griselbrand to enable a whole new type of Reanimator that probably wins as soon as he is reanimated.

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League