Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Should look for a refund? Ebay related...

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Should look for a refund? Ebay related...
djcards
posted April 05, 2012 06:15 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for djcards Click Here to Email djcards Send a private message to djcards Click to send djcards an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Hello, I won this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160767145121

He clearly says that both cards are "MINT" and when I got them today, one of them has a small amount of edge whitening, but the other one has two distinct creases that run from the bottom left to the top right edges with a significant gash by the right-most blue mana symbol (visible and obvious to the touch).

The card is otherwise "Mint", so I am not sure what I should pursue. I would prefer to have a "near mint" one for my playset, but am I just nit picking?

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee3/jagallout/MOTL/

Timmyhill
posted April 05, 2012 06:26 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Timmyhill Click Here to Email Timmyhill Send a private message to Timmyhill Click to send Timmyhill an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Timmyhill's Have/Want ListView Timmyhill's Have/Want List
It kind of looks like they cut that top corner out of the picture on the listing on purpose...

How did the cards come packaged?

I would deff try talking to the guy and complain. You could try to return them which you would most likely be out the shipping cost to return or trying to get a partial refund.

djcards
posted April 05, 2012 07:04 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for djcards Click Here to Email djcards Send a private message to djcards Click to send djcards an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
The packaging was perfect.
It was one of the envelopes that is insulated with what looks like recycled paper, and each of them were individually sleeved.

Its almost as if they didn't know that this particular defect diminishes the grading on a card...

Goaswerfraiejen
posted April 05, 2012 07:39 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Goaswerfraiejen Click Here to Email Goaswerfraiejen Send a private message to Goaswerfraiejen Click to send Goaswerfraiejen an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
That seems like a significant difference: I'd hardly call it nitpicking.

I don't think returning them would be productive, since you'd pay the shipping costs. Rather, I'd grade them properly, according to BlackBorder, assess what percentage of a mint card's value they possess, and request a refund for the difference.

RIP Ari

Legacy UGB River Rock primer. PM comments/questions.
Info on grad school in Phil.

djcards
posted April 05, 2012 08:04 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for djcards Click Here to Email djcards Send a private message to djcards Click to send djcards an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the input. I suggested a 30% refund which rounds out to about $17.

Thats based on blackborders grading scale and calling 1 or 2 major defects on an otherwise mint card good (30-70%).

Thanks for the suggestion.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League