Magic Discussion
  favorite combos (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   favorite combos
playingsince96
posted April 03, 2012 05:44 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for playingsince96 Click Here to Email playingsince96 Send a private message to playingsince96 Click to send playingsince96 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
My fav combos
Phage the untouchable and endless whispers
Phage the untouchable and viridan longbow
Stasis and kismit
Myrocytith lattice and kill switch
Ishcron scepter and orims chant
Those are my favorite lmk what ur favs are ty

Devonin
posted April 03, 2012 05:59 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Devonin Click Here to Email Devonin Send a private message to Devonin Click to send Devonin an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Devonin's Have/Want ListView Devonin's Have/Want List
PFMS?

Also, Viridian Longbow doesn't work.

Stasis stops your stuff from untapping too

Kill Switch taps down all of your permanants too

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Devonin on April 03, 2012]

Myy
posted April 03, 2012 06:09 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Myy Click Here to Email Myy Send a private message to Myy Click to send Myy an Instant MessageVisit Myy's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Myy's Have/Want ListView Myy's Have/Want List
islands!

not but really... Aether Vial and Standstill + Slivers!!!

Thanos
posted April 03, 2012 06:42 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Devonin:
PFMS?

My thoughts exactly, but apparently we're not allowed to point that out anymore, gotta watch out for those unwritten rules...

ryan2754
posted April 03, 2012 07:38 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ryan2754 Click Here to Email ryan2754 Send a private message to ryan2754 Click to send ryan2754 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ryan2754's Have/Want ListView ryan2754's Have/Want List
Squirrel Nest + Earthcraft
Mind over Matter + Quicksilver Dagger
Serra Avatar + Evasion/Protection + Armadillo Cloak
Venser the Sojourner + Gilded Drake
Death Pits of Rath + Goblin Sharpshooter
Karmic Guide + Reveillark + Sac Outlet
Intruder Alarm + Jungle Patrol + Fyndhorn Elder

Vegas10
posted April 03, 2012 07:49 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Vegas10 Click Here to Email Vegas10 Send a private message to Vegas10 Click to send Vegas10 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Vegas10's Have/Want ListView Vegas10's Have/Want List
Survival of the Fittest + Recuring Nightmare form back in the day
Also a fun older one Equilibrium + Wall of Blossoms + Man-O-War

rockondon
posted April 03, 2012 07:53 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for rockondon Click Here to Email rockondon Send a private message to rockondon Click to send rockondon an Instant MessageVisit rockondon's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View rockondon's Have/Want ListView rockondon's Have/Want List
I second the survival of the fittest + recurring nightmare.
Recently for me its power artifact + grim monolith.
or rings of brighthearth + pretty much anything.

BoltBait
posted April 03, 2012 07:55 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for BoltBait Click Here to Email BoltBait Send a private message to BoltBait Click to send BoltBait an Instant MessageVisit BoltBait's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
My favorite combo:

Mountain + Lightning Bolt

dfitzg88
posted April 03, 2012 08:26 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for dfitzg88 Click Here to Email dfitzg88 Send a private message to dfitzg88 Click to send dfitzg88 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View dfitzg88's Trade Auction or SaleView dfitzg88's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by BoltBait:
My favorite combo:

Mountain + Lightning Bolt

broken.

simbayu
posted April 03, 2012 08:31 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for simbayu Send a private message to simbayu Click to send simbayu an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Stasis/Time Elemental

Royal Assasin/Icy Manipulator

Animate Artifact/Instill Energy/Time Vault - Only saw this pulled off once but it was SWEET!

Dark Ritual/Hippie

Or more recently in EDH before these cards were banned Channel/Emrakul/GG

[Edited 2 times, lastly by simbayu on April 03, 2012]

Boston
posted April 03, 2012 09:34 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Boston Click Here to Email Boston Send a private message to Boston Click to send Boston an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Boston's Have/Want ListView Boston's Have/Want List
Recurring Nightmare + Survival
Aluren + Soul Warden + Man-o-War
Lifeline + Goblin Bombardment (Bonus with echo creatures from Urza's Legacy)
Sneak Attack + Emrakul + Fling

Jtrade77
posted April 03, 2012 11:22 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Jtrade77 Send a private message to Jtrade77 Click to send Jtrade77 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brightearth
Aluren + Cavern Harpy + Raven Familiar
Tallowisp + arcane spells
Primeval Titan fetching Urborg Tomb of Yawgmoth + Cabal Coffers
Final Fortune (or Last Chance) + Sundial of the Infinite
Darksteel Forge + Nev's Disk
Eon Hub + Delaying Shield

Those are my favs.

Devonin
posted April 04, 2012 04:16 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Devonin Click Here to Email Devonin Send a private message to Devonin Click to send Devonin an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Devonin's Have/Want ListView Devonin's Have/Want List
When I was in university, I co-ran a Magic club there. Every now and then we'd run a 60-card proxy Vintage tournament so the casuals could actually have a chance to win something against the serious players.

The first year my deck was
Fetch, Mana Accel, Tutors, and 4x Shared Fate

The second year my deck was
Fetch, Mana Accel, Tutors, 4x Skyshroud Cutter, 4x Pack Hunt, 4x False Cure

harbingerofthevoid
posted April 04, 2012 05:35 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for harbingerofthevoid Click Here to Email harbingerofthevoid Send a private message to harbingerofthevoid Click to send harbingerofthevoid an Instant MessageVisit harbingerofthevoid's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View harbingerofthevoid's Have/Want ListView harbingerofthevoid's Have/Want List
Pros-Bloom
Living Plane + Defense of the Heart + (old way) Ascendant Evincar & Spirit of the Night

hilikuS
posted April 04, 2012 06:51 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for hilikuS Click Here to Email hilikuS Send a private message to hilikuS Click to send hilikuS an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View hilikuS's Trade Auction or SaleView hilikuS's Trade Auction or Sale
Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker + Thoughtpicker Witch + Ashen-Skin Zubera

southparker2002
posted April 04, 2012 07:06 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for southparker2002 Click Here to Email southparker2002 Send a private message to southparker2002 Click to send southparker2002 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View southparker2002's Have/Want ListView southparker2002's Have/Want List
Joraga Warcaller + Strength of the Tajuru

Enchanted Evening + Opalescence

Ghostway + Wrath of God

AtriumXP
posted April 04, 2012 07:29 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AtriumXP Click Here to Email AtriumXP Send a private message to AtriumXP Click to send AtriumXP an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Candelabra of Tawnos, 2x Cloudposts, Bayou, Genesis Wave into your entire deck. Or, use Oona, Queen of the Fae for infini-mill. Of course, Painter's Servant + Grindstone is even better for that. And of course, of course, you can play with all of these in the same deck

Update:
Old school combo: Runed Arch and poison creatures

AtriumXP@gmail.com (e-mail/PayPal)
I answer ref requests!

Rippers, fear my Mail Fraud Form!

[Edited 1 times, lastly by AtriumXP on April 04, 2012]

Darkwing
posted April 04, 2012 08:26 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Darkwing Send a private message to Darkwing Click to send Darkwing an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Sanguine Bond + an untapped vampire + Blood Tribute

MAB_Rapper
posted April 04, 2012 08:38 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MAB_Rapper Click Here to Email MAB_Rapper Send a private message to MAB_Rapper Click to send MAB_Rapper an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MAB_Rapper's Trade Auction or SaleView MAB_Rapper's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by playingsince96:
Myrocytith lattice and kill switch

For 1 on 1 EDH: Lattice + Hurkyl's Recall

For Multiplayer EDH: Lattice + Darksteel Forge + Magus of the Disk

Also from my EDH decks:
Rooftop Storm + Grimgrin + Gravecrawler + Any massive Storm spell
Nath of the Gilt Leaf + Sadistic Hypontist

EDIT: I forgot the better Grimgrim combo:
Grimgrin + Mikeaus the Unhallowed + either Murderous Redcap or Deathbringer Thoctar

The Official Tower Magic Facebook Page

[Edited 1 times, lastly by MAB_Rapper on April 04, 2012]

EuroRunner
posted April 04, 2012 01:39 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for EuroRunner Click Here to Email EuroRunner Send a private message to EuroRunner Click to send EuroRunner an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
combo decks got me off the kitchen table and into competitive magic. First deck i built, and fav combo

Goblin Charbelcher + Mana Severance

simbayu
posted April 04, 2012 02:05 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for simbayu Send a private message to simbayu Click to send simbayu an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
power surge + mana barbs

[Edited 1 times, lastly by simbayu on April 04, 2012]

Zakman86
posted April 04, 2012 02:13 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Zakman86 Click Here to Email Zakman86 Send a private message to Zakman86 Click to send Zakman86 an Instant MessageVisit Zakman86's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Zakman86's Have/Want ListView Zakman86's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by AtriumXP:
Candelabra of Tawnos, 2x Cloudposts, Bayou, Genesis Wave into your entire deck. Or, use Oona, Queen of the Fae for infini-mill. Of course, Painter's Servant + Grindstone is even better for that. And of course, of course, you can play with all of these in the same deck

Update:
Old school combo: Runed Arch and poison creatures

Candelabra is X,T: Untap X target lands. Your combo doesn't work.

airwalk
posted April 04, 2012 03:05 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for airwalk Send a private message to airwalk Click to send airwalk an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Goblin Lackey + Siege-Gang Commander
Academy Rector + Yawgmoth's Bargain
Goblin Bombardment + Enduring Renewal + Shield Sphere

AtriumXP
posted April 04, 2012 03:10 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for AtriumXP Click Here to Email AtriumXP Send a private message to AtriumXP Click to send AtriumXP an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
...Wow, my friends and I have been misusing this card for over a decade! I never saw that "errata" and the card itself lacks the tap symbol.

I'm actually glad you pointed this out to me.

I'll replace it with this one:
Ball Lightning + Blood Frenzy + Berzerk
(shush about "dies to removal" lol)

airwalk
posted April 04, 2012 03:20 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for airwalk Send a private message to airwalk Click to send airwalk an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AtriumXP:
...Wow, my friends and I have been misusing this card for over a decade! I never saw that "errata" and the card itself lacks the tap symbol.

I'm actually glad you pointed this out to me.

I'll replace it with this one:
Ball Lightning + Blood Frenzy + Berzerk
(shush about "dies to removal" lol)

That's because they used "Mono" and "Poly" as the guide to tell you if an artifact taps early on. Moxes and Candelabra are "Mono Artifacts". Mono meaning one, therefor you can use it once a turn. "Poly Artifacts" had activated abilities that could be used more than once and didn't require tapping, hence the word Poly.

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League