Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Checklist

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Checklist
Dancam1
posted March 29, 2012 04:43 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Dancam1 Click Here to Email Dancam1 Send a private message to Dancam1 Click to send Dancam1 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Hey all,
I have a fast question. As some of you know, I am creating an inventory for the first time. I am typing out everything by hand, which for any real collection, is an awful task.

My question is does anyone know if a site that has a list that just has the name of the card, set name, and scarcity, that doesn't lead to a link. Most sites have links to pictures or other things that make the card blue, which means any list that I copy transfers that link. What do you guys use to keep track of your collection?
thanx in advance for any help u offer me.
Dan

southparker2002
posted March 29, 2012 05:01 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for southparker2002 Click Here to Email southparker2002 Send a private message to southparker2002 Click to send southparker2002 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View southparker2002's Have/Want ListView southparker2002's Have/Want List
I use my binder and my H/W list on here

caquaa
posted March 29, 2012 05:14 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
It sounds as if you've found a site that works for your needs except that links get copied instead of plain text. Most programs have simple options to remove hyperlinks. As an example, in microsoft word & excel if you right click a link there is an option that says "remove hyperlink". You should check that out first. Also, a super short cut method would be to paste the info into wordpad first, then copy it out of there and paste it into whatever program you're wanting to use.

Dancam1
posted March 29, 2012 06:05 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Dancam1 Click Here to Email Dancam1 Send a private message to Dancam1 Click to send Dancam1 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I haven't found a site that I can transfer. I don't know how to do that disable a link thingy. I have a mac, so, if anyone knows how to do that, it'd be great to let me know that.

I was hoping that someone who has listed a ton of cards on here found a site that gave all the cards in a set list that I could just cut and paste. Anyone have any ideas, or help?
thanx
Dan

Bagbokk
posted March 29, 2012 06:10 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bagbokk Click Here to Email Bagbokk Send a private message to Bagbokk Click to send Bagbokk an Instant MessageVisit Bagbokk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
wotc website has checklists for I think every set in .txt format (so no links), but they have artist name on them (card name - artist - rarity). Not sure that helps you any, but eh.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Bagbokk on March 29, 2012]

stab107
posted March 29, 2012 06:36 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for stab107 Click Here to Email stab107 Send a private message to stab107 Click to send stab107 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Like Bagbokk posted, I use data dumps out of Gatherer in Excel. Makes things really easy for sorting and categorizing. I just went and grabbed data from every full set and threw them into one massive spreadhsheet.

Dancam1
posted March 29, 2012 06:43 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Dancam1 Click Here to Email Dancam1 Send a private message to Dancam1 Click to send Dancam1 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
It must work differently for Mac. I went to that site and they showed up as links. Can anyone post the lists you already have?

Bagbokk
posted March 29, 2012 06:46 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bagbokk Click Here to Email Bagbokk Send a private message to Bagbokk Click to send Bagbokk an Instant MessageVisit Bagbokk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
http://www.wizards.com/magic/generic/cardlists/Ice_Age_Checklist.txt

WestWycke
posted March 30, 2012 11:05 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for WestWycke Click Here to Email WestWycke Send a private message to WestWycke Click to send WestWycke an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I use Gatherer and Excel to make my lists. Here's how I do it.
Gatherer: Filter card set -(choose your set). Output format - Checklist
You will get a table, including links. Copy the entire table.
Open a blank Excel worksheet. This will be temporary and discarded after use. Paste your clipboard into the worksheet. The links are still there.
Copy the entire table from the worksheet.
Select upper-left corner cell (cell A1 in a blank page) where you want your checklist by right-clicking it.
Choose Paste Special.
Choose Values, and press OK
You now have a checklist without the links.
Just delete the temporary worksheet with all the links, and you're good to go.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good."

[Edited 1 times, lastly by WestWycke on March 30, 2012]

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League