Click Here!

Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  The Post for Magic Stuff, volume 68 (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 13 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   The Post for Magic Stuff, volume 68
nderdog
posted February 29, 2012 06:51 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for nderdog Click Here to Email nderdog Send a private message to nderdog Click to send nderdog an Instant MessageVisit nderdog's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nderdog's Have/Want ListView nderdog's Have/Want List
Wherein nderdog begins to get back into Magic, putting the ridiculousness of the local crapstorm behind him.

All your Gruul Nodorogs are belong to me. Trade them to me, please!

Report rules violations.

Remember the Auctions Board!

LemonMeringue
posted February 29, 2012 06:54 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LemonMeringue Click Here to Email LemonMeringue Send a private message to LemonMeringue Click to send LemonMeringue an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LemonMeringue's Trade Auction or SaleView LemonMeringue's Trade Auction or Sale
Why are russian foils more difficult to find than korean it seems?

nderdog
posted February 29, 2012 06:58 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for nderdog Click Here to Email nderdog Send a private message to nderdog Click to send nderdog an Instant MessageVisit nderdog's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nderdog's Have/Want ListView nderdog's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by LemonMeringue:
Why are russian foils more difficult to find than korean it seems?

I suspect it's because more people are buying Korean product just to crack and sell than those doing the same with Russian?

Report rules violations.

JesusChristMD
posted February 29, 2012 07:15 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for JesusChristMD Click Here to Email JesusChristMD Send a private message to JesusChristMD Click to send JesusChristMD an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
"
Its called "they like me better"...."

I see you still haven't figured it out yet Stu.

nderdog
posted February 29, 2012 07:55 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for nderdog Click Here to Email nderdog Send a private message to nderdog Click to send nderdog an Instant MessageVisit nderdog's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nderdog's Have/Want ListView nderdog's Have/Want List
I could have sworn that you were both warned that if you didn't completely ignore each other, you were both getting banned.

Report rules violations.

Heresy19
posted February 29, 2012 08:41 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Heresy19 Click Here to Email Heresy19 Send a private message to Heresy19 Click to send Heresy19 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Heresy19's Have/Want ListView Heresy19's Have/Want List
I started building "NO Show" and the "pros" at the LGS started laughing saying that it's too slow and it wouldn't perform well.

Funny thing, I proxied the cards that I'm curently missing and challenged them both... and won 2-1 vs RUG and 2-0 vs Aggro Loam.

I have quite a hard time choosing my SB tho. Anybody up to date with the ever-changing meta for card choices in the SB?

choco man
posted February 29, 2012 08:58 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for choco man Click Here to Email choco man Send a private message to choco man Click to send choco man an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View choco man's Have/Want ListView choco man's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Heresy19:
I started building "NO Show" and the "pros" at the LGS started laughing saying that it's too slow and it wouldn't perform well.

Funny thing, I proxied the cards that I'm curently missing and challenged them both... and won 2-1 vs RUG and 2-0 vs Aggro Loam.

I have quite a hard time choosing my SB tho. Anybody up to date with the ever-changing meta for card choices in the SB?

It's definitely funny since RUG and Loam are both slow.

Heresy19
posted February 29, 2012 10:23 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Heresy19 Click Here to Email Heresy19 Send a private message to Heresy19 Click to send Heresy19 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Heresy19's Have/Want ListView Heresy19's Have/Want List
They are. I really don't get why they laughed at NO Show :/

In 2 of the 7 games I had Emrakul on turn one so it's not that slow IMO.

Ancient Tomb + Lotus Petal + Show & Tell

Drexus
posted March 01, 2012 12:37 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Drexus Click Here to Email Drexus Send a private message to Drexus Click to send Drexus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
You don't have to sideboard 1-for-1 in Limited

is this true??? was always convinced otherwise.. as is most folks I've spoken to. seems like a logical rule to not have to side board 1 for 1 though.

thror
posted March 01, 2012 01:03 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for thror Send a private message to thror Click to send thror an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View thror's Trade Auction or SaleView thror's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by Drexus:
is this true??? was always convinced otherwise.. as is most folks I've spoken to. seems like a logical rule to not have to side board 1 for 1 though.

The only requirement for limited is that you have a 40 card deck. If you feel like shuffling every single card in your pool into your deck for game2, go for it. Just be aware you have to shuffle it sufficiently without assistance irl.

[16:17] <@BrassMan> what do you need new tech for?
[16:18] <@BrassMan> gush is unrestricted

[19:01] <nderEvo> you can delete yourself

dwiz
posted March 01, 2012 03:31 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for dwiz Click Here to Email dwiz Send a private message to dwiz Click to send dwiz an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View dwiz's Trade Auction or SaleView dwiz's Trade Auction or Sale
I sold a lot of 400 mixed unhinged uncommons on ebay. There are 40 uncommons in the set, so obviously there are going to be lots of duplicates (average of 10 each). The buyer left positive feedback (accurate description and speedy shipping.) They then opened a case and said there are too many duplicates. I responded in the ebay case that yes, there HAVE to be duplicates if you order 400 cards and there are only 40 different ones. Ebay gave them a full refund, including shipping, without having to return anything.

Edit: In their email regarding their decision, ebay states: "You were found not at fault. eBay has decided to refund the buyer. You are not required to reimburse the buyer or eBay, and this case will not be counted in your seller performance evaluation."

I guess they ate the loss on this one.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by dwiz on March 01, 2012]

Tha Gunslinga
posted March 01, 2012 05:08 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Tha Gunslinga Click Here to Email Tha Gunslinga Send a private message to Tha Gunslinga Click to send Tha Gunslinga an Instant MessageVisit Tha Gunslinga's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Tha Gunslinga's Trade Auction or SaleView Tha Gunslinga's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by dwiz:
Edit: In their email regarding their decision, ebay states: "You were found not at fault. eBay has decided to refund the buyer. You are not required to reimburse the buyer or eBay, and this case will not be counted in your seller performance evaluation."

Ebay is the weirdest thing ever sometimes.

WeedIan
posted March 01, 2012 06:22 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by dwiz:
I sold a lot of 400 mixed unhinged uncommons on ebay. There are 40 uncommons in the set, so obviously there are going to be lots of duplicates (average of 10 each). The buyer left positive feedback (accurate description and speedy shipping.) They then opened a case and said there are too many duplicates. I responded in the ebay case that yes, there HAVE to be duplicates if you order 400 cards and there are only 40 different ones. Ebay gave them a full refund, including shipping, without having to return anything.

This is the kind of case that makes eBay look like a bunch of clowns.

Its one of the reasons I do not want to because a seller on eBay even though I'd like to move into that kind of thing as a hobby.

13th in posts on MOTL
Top 5 in Refs in Ontario (by people who location posted)

AlmostGrown
posted March 01, 2012 07:40 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AlmostGrown Click Here to Email AlmostGrown Send a private message to AlmostGrown Click to send AlmostGrown an Instant MessageVisit AlmostGrown's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AlmostGrown's Have/Want ListView AlmostGrown's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by WeedIan:
This is the kind of case that makes eBay look like a bunch of clowns.

Its one of the reasons I do not want to because a seller on eBay even though I'd like to move into that kind of thing as a hobby.

That and it's extremely easy to be ripped when shipping without tracking... ESPECIALLY out of country.

DCI Rules Advisor
PlasteredDragon - Gone but not forgotten

EuroRunner
posted March 01, 2012 02:50 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for EuroRunner Click Here to Email EuroRunner Send a private message to EuroRunner Click to send EuroRunner an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Anyone have a playset of berserks I can borrow for GP Indy

airwalk
posted March 01, 2012 03:51 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for airwalk Send a private message to airwalk Click to send airwalk an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Has anyone set out to make a 'crap cube' before? There are a lot of powerful cubes floating around, but really they use the same cards we've been playing with forever, kinda sick of looking at the same cards all the time. I want to make a cube with mostly 'bad' cards that havn't been played anywhere to much extent.

choco man
posted March 01, 2012 04:26 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for choco man Click Here to Email choco man Send a private message to choco man Click to send choco man an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View choco man's Have/Want ListView choco man's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by airwalk:
Has anyone set out to make a 'crap cube' before? There are a lot of powerful cubes floating around, but really they use the same cards we've been playing with forever, kinda sick of looking at the same cards all the time. I want to make a cube with mostly 'bad' cards that havn't been played anywhere to much extent.

Playing with crappy cards gets old even faster.

Bagbokk
posted March 01, 2012 04:36 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bagbokk Click Here to Email Bagbokk Send a private message to Bagbokk Click to send Bagbokk an Instant MessageVisit Bagbokk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Anyone have experience with an eBay store for selling Magic cards? Is there any substantial setup (I'm just subscribing for the listing fee discounts and final value fee discounts)? Is it possible/easy to close the store and stop paying the 19.95/month subscription once I don't plan on selling significant numbers of cards anymore? Do sellers with eBay stores get higher bids on their auctions like top-rated sellers often do?

I know that eBay has a calculator for when it's worth opening a store over just using the 50 free listings a month. I'm basically right at the point where it's worth opening a store, but my monthly sales sort of fluctuate sometimes, and the basic subscription only really lowers fees substantially for listing auction-style, so I can't really list BINs without incurring higher fees. This means I'll be relying on auction-ending prices rather than being able to set my own sale prices and just re-list or lower the price if it doesn't sell the first time at the price I want...

[Edited 2 times, lastly by Bagbokk on March 01, 2012]

psrex
posted March 01, 2012 04:56 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for psrex Click Here to Email psrex Send a private message to psrex Click to send psrex an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View psrex's Have/Want ListView psrex's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by airwalk:

Check this out for a cube of bad cards:

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=301586

caquaa
posted March 01, 2012 05:30 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by Bagbokk:
This means I'll be relying on auction-ending prices rather than being able to set my own sale prices and just re-list or lower the price if it doesn't sell the first time at the price I want...

I just put the starting bid at my minimum sell price. It works okay for me. I don't use an ebay store however, just a standard account, so no comment about opening a store or such.

Volcanon
posted March 01, 2012 06:57 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Teh Funniez
http://goodgamery.com/index.php/2009/12/25/jace-cycle/

WeedIan
posted March 01, 2012 07:19 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
Deadguy tokens is really fun.

13th in posts on MOTL
Top 5 in Refs in Ontario (by people who location posted)

junichi
posted March 02, 2012 10:26 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for junichi Click Here to Email junichi Send a private message to junichi Click to send junichi an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View junichi's Have/Want ListView junichi's Have/Want List
I drafted another mill deck last night, and even though I lost in the final round against a B/W deck, it was still a pretty fun deck.

This is what I drafted:

3x Thought Scour
1x Increasing Confusion
2x Tracker's Instincts
1x Chill of Foreboding
2x Chant of the Skifsang

3x Young Wolf
4x Shriekgeist
2x Scorned Villager
1x Ulvenwald Bear
1x Nephalia Seakite
1x Tower Geist
2x Relentless Skaabs

1x Evolving Wilds
10x Island
6x Forest

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help.

Speed Demon
Banned
posted March 02, 2012 12:17 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Speed Demon Click Here to Email Speed Demon Send a private message to Speed Demon Click to send Speed Demon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Is there anything like this

http://www.amazon.com/BCW-Count-Corrugated-Cardboard-Storage/dp/B000K3XQ9O/ref=pd_sim_sg_1

That is 1,000 count and I could buy a ton of at like around $1?

I'd like to buy like 50 of them.

junichi
posted March 02, 2012 12:19 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for junichi Click Here to Email junichi Send a private message to junichi Click to send junichi an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View junichi's Have/Want ListView junichi's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by dfitzg88:
That card is such a beating

It won me some games out of nowhere.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help.

This topic is 13 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Open Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League