Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Buying Boxes in Korea

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Buying Boxes in Korea
whocares
posted March 24, 2012 02:22 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for whocares Click Here to Email whocares Send a private message to whocares Click to send whocares an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View whocares's Have/Want ListView whocares's Have/Want List
A friend of mine is going to Seoul in a week. Does anyone know good places to buy sealed products? How difficult would it be to bring back a case of the newest stuff?

MTDetermine
posted March 26, 2012 05:45 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MTDetermine Click Here to Email MTDetermine Send a private message to MTDetermine Click to send MTDetermine an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
A case is slightly over 7kg.....that's a lot of luggage space.

For example, I came to USA with the clothes on my back, 3 pair of inner wear and 1 pair of sock. Even then, I reached the maximum of 48kg for luggage, 7kg handcarry, 2kg of clothes on my body when I was flying back, and had to mail 10kg of other stuff to stay within the weight limits.

If your friend is going to shop a bit, he will hate your MTG cards lol

whocares
posted March 26, 2012 09:04 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for whocares Click Here to Email whocares Send a private message to whocares Click to send whocares an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View whocares's Have/Want ListView whocares's Have/Want List
any idea on what pricing per pack, per box there?

Lord Crovax
posted March 26, 2012 09:14 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Lord Crovax Click Here to Email Lord Crovax Send a private message to Lord Crovax Click to send Lord Crovax an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MTDetermine:
A case is slightly over 7kg.....that's a lot of luggage space.

For example, I came to USA with the clothes on my back, 3 pair of inner wear and 1 pair of sock. Even then, I reached the maximum of 48kg for luggage, 7kg handcarry, 2kg of clothes on my body when I was flying back, and had to mail 10kg of other stuff to stay within the weight limits.

If your friend is going to shop a bit, he will hate your MTG cards lol

I so hope that was all magic, and if so and was Korean/Russian, I so envy you right now...be so much fun to open

As for topic, price should be about MSRP, maybe little more or less.

mtglover
posted March 28, 2012 03:03 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for mtglover Click Here to Email mtglover Send a private message to mtglover Click to send mtglover an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mtglover's Have/Want ListView mtglover's Have/Want List
Can you even go thru airports securities without paying fines if you buy a case?

jshields
posted March 28, 2012 05:50 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for jshields Click Here to Email jshields Send a private message to jshields Click to send jshields an Instant MessageVisit jshields's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I also would love to hear about that. I heard rumors a number of months ago that packs in Japan and Korea were significantly more expensive compared to getting English language packs in america. However, the other silly thing I have to wonder about is, as a fat guy that weighs about 100 kilos, what do they do to fat people at customs? Make them pay a fine for weighing over 67 kilos? ok ok ok -- enough trolling. Something there just does not add up on the weight factor, but I would think that if you were able to live on a United States military base in korea or japan, then you could send the case back home via an APO // FPO priority mail flat rate box.

Phyrexian Angel
posted March 28, 2012 06:16 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Phyrexian Angel Click Here to Email Phyrexian Angel Send a private message to Phyrexian Angel Click to send Phyrexian Angel an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mtglover:
Can you even go thru airports securities without paying fines if you buy a case?

If you have a legitimate reason to argue that the cases are for self-use.
I think the custom will not care about this. You are bringing 6 boxes of mtg, not 6 new iPads.

pirot
posted March 30, 2012 11:27 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for pirot Send a private message to pirot Click to send pirot an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
There's not many place to buy mtg cards in Seoul... Try the store bluemtg.com.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League