Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Selling Tips?

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Selling Tips?
jigertz
posted March 14, 2012 12:15 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for jigertz Send a private message to jigertz Click to send jigertz an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
First, let me say that I know almost nothing about MTG. Back in high school, I bought tons of cards because my friends played, but I never actually did. I now have 3 cards that I know are rare (all revised edition, unplayed, M/NM): tropical island, savannah, and bayou. I keep seeing them on sale for anywhere between $80-100+, and I put them on eBay individually. I'm not getting any interest, and I am seeing the same cards selling for $50-60. Can anybody suggest a method or place to sell these cards so that I don't get ripped off and can get something close to what they're actually worth?

Any advice/help is greatly appreciated.

Loathing
posted March 14, 2012 02:49 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Loathing Click Here to Email Loathing Send a private message to Loathing Click to send Loathing an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I'm assuming you have no eBay feedback. You should probably try selling them here and sending first to people with a large number of refs or doing a 3rd party sale. Having decent resolution scans will help.

baldr7
posted March 14, 2012 03:14 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for baldr7 Click Here to Email baldr7 Send a private message to baldr7 Click to send baldr7 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
yeah that's most likely the problem. it's tough to sell high value cards on ebay if you dont have any feedback because of how many scammers there are out there

iccarus
posted March 14, 2012 07:02 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant MessageVisit iccarus's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View iccarus's Have/Want ListView iccarus's Have/Want List
What's your feedback, what's the starting price, and what's your shipping price?

I collect Granite Gargoyles. Send them my way.

jigertz
posted March 14, 2012 07:16 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for jigertz Send a private message to jigertz Click to send jigertz an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I don't have much feedback, and it's only from buying, so I now realize that's a big problem. My starting price is 75 for the island, 65 for the other two, and shipping is free.

quote:
Originally posted by iccarus:
What's your feedback, what's the starting price, and what's your shipping price?

iccarus
posted March 14, 2012 07:23 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant MessageVisit iccarus's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View iccarus's Have/Want ListView iccarus's Have/Want List
If you have no feedback from selling, you're going to have to probably settle for less. The trop price seems fine but I think you're a little too optimistic on the other two.

People still shy away from low/no fb sellers despite all the buyer protections that exist now.

Another thing to note...many items on ebay never get bids until the very last day they are up, especially if the starting bid price is high. Buyers want to avoid bidding it up until the last minute.

I collect Granite Gargoyles. Send them my way.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by iccarus on March 14, 2012]

LemonMeringue
posted March 14, 2012 07:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LemonMeringue Click Here to Email LemonMeringue Send a private message to LemonMeringue Click to send LemonMeringue an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LemonMeringue's Trade Auction or SaleView LemonMeringue's Trade Auction or Sale
I would suggest that you sell the cards on here rather than ebay, with high resolution pictures or scans. If they are really NM, I would suggest listing them at 80 for the trop, 60 bayou, 60 savannah, and take offers from there. Savannah has been pretty hot recently

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League