Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Where can I buy cheap boxes???

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Where can I buy cheap boxes???
evildead
posted February 05, 2012 10:28 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for evildead Click Here to Email evildead Send a private message to evildead Click to send evildead an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Hello all. I am looking for a place to buy boxes of new sets every time they come out. some friends and I are looking at playing a ton of sealed decks and all want to have 4 mint sets of all the new sets coming out. We have decided to buy 60 boxes every time a new set comes out and on ebay I can get boxes shipped to Las Vegas for $85 a box. I was hoping I could get them for $75 each. If I could get them shipped for $75 each I may be willing to take 120. I would like to have a place to go every time a new set comes out and not have to deal with multiple ebay vendors. Any info would be much appreciated. I figure this community has a ton of knowledge and could maybe lead me in the right direction. Anyone Located in Nevada or California would be great so we could do these deals in person. I would want between 60-120 boxes of every set as it comes out so 4 times a year looking to spend around $5000-$10000. Thanks guys and please be sure to check out my post about buying bulk cards.

SageShadows
posted February 05, 2012 10:46 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for SageShadows Click Here to Email SageShadows Send a private message to SageShadows Click to send SageShadows an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I can't help you there, but isn't 75 a box * 60 boxes * 4 sets a year = 18,000 dollars?

caquaa
posted February 05, 2012 11:18 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
Start your own retail store? From my understanding retail stores buying from distributors are paying ~$72 a box so odd of $75 shipped seems difficult. Maybe some stores get better prices by insane purchases, but those would probably be online retailers like SCG or some such place.

evildead
posted February 06, 2012 02:44 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for evildead Click Here to Email evildead Send a private message to evildead Click to send evildead an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I meant I'd be spending between $5000 and $10000 4 times a year sorry if that came out wrong. And thanks for the $72 info maybe $75 is gonna be out of reach. Anyone know a good place to buy bulk boxes? I just want one solid dealer and hopefully $80 a box is doable if I buy like 480 boxs a year. 120 x 4 at hopefully $80 a piece.

caquaa
posted February 06, 2012 04:47 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
At that price you likely need to buy in person with cash. Shipping costs as well as credit card fees will cut into a dealers profits. Find a shop near you and see if you pay in cash they can handle the deal.

mchainmail
posted February 06, 2012 08:05 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for mchainmail Click Here to Email mchainmail Send a private message to mchainmail Click to send mchainmail an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
You can get $72 boxes (before shipping) from Star City, if you're able to get that much store credit and buy with credit.

This is doable if you know a lot of people that cash out to them...

mm1983
posted February 08, 2012 01:36 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for mm1983 Click Here to Email mm1983 Send a private message to mm1983 Click to send mm1983 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mm1983's Have/Want ListView mm1983's Have/Want List
I get my boxes by the case through miniaturemarket online for $85 a box or $510 a case. I also get my fatpacks from them for $27 a fatpack. Free shipping on all orders of $99 or better. I think you need to own a store and get your product from wizards of the coast to get boxes for $75.

tomguitars23
posted February 09, 2012 07:23 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for tomguitars23 Click Here to Email tomguitars23 Send a private message to tomguitars23 Click to send tomguitars23 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
In addition stores must reach a certain level through wizards to be eligible for the $75 boxes. SCG is the only store that buys enough cases for a discount rate to be able to sell them for 75 a box that I know of.

Cheers

Meddling Pimp
posted February 09, 2012 07:30 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Meddling Pimp Click Here to Email Meddling Pimp Send a private message to Meddling Pimp Click to send Meddling Pimp an Instant MessageVisit Meddling Pimp's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mchainmail:
You can get $72 boxes (before shipping) from Star City, if you're able to get that much store credit and buy with credit.

This is doable if you know a lot of people that cash out to them...

Really? I've never seen their boxes that cheap. Do you have to do something special?

evildead
posted February 09, 2012 10:45 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for evildead Click Here to Email evildead Send a private message to evildead Click to send evildead an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
thanks so much for all the help guys. i am gonna go approach the 3 magic stores here in vegas and try and work out a cash deal for $80 a box if i buy like 100 boxes 4 times a year. i will also keep SCG and minatures in mind too.

Trag3dy
posted February 09, 2012 12:28 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Trag3dy Click Here to Email Trag3dy Send a private message to Trag3dy Click to send Trag3dy an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Most decent sized dealers pay $65 a box. I would recommend finding smallish/reputable store and offer to pay $75 a box per 10 cases. The more they buy the cheaper they get them and on top of that they would profit $600 cash as well as lower the costs on their product. But I would wager it would be difficult to find someone willing to do this. If I had a store I would obviously take you up on this. Good luck.

Trag3dy

dragon172
posted February 10, 2012 05:19 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for dragon172 Click Here to Email dragon172 Send a private message to dragon172 Click to send dragon172 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I could be wrong, but don't the distributors place a limit on the amount that can be ordered at a time or in a certain time period? Most of the shops I've visited throughout the years have at some time or another run out of product on certain weeks, and say that they can't order more than their limit.

caquaa
posted February 11, 2012 12:43 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by dragon172:
I could be wrong, but don't the distributors place a limit on the amount that can be ordered at a time or in a certain time period? Most of the shops I've visited throughout the years have at some time or another run out of product on certain weeks, and say that they can't order more than their limit.

they do allocate them typically based on previous business. The trick is you're not limited to one distributor. You can order from wotc and a small handful of distributors. If one says you only can get 2 boxes you go to the next and see what you can get. Supply usually isn't an issue once a set hits second printing, its the first run right after release thats an issue.

jshields
posted February 11, 2012 10:42 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for jshields Click Here to Email jshields Send a private message to jshields Click to send jshields an Instant MessageVisit jshields's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I normally use bcwsupplies.com -- it is bcw supplies and is a comic book // trading card storage supply store and the prices are pretty reasonable. I have been using them ever since I started selling magic through local stores about 6 years ago and have been very satisfied with the boxes they sell (usually their price is about 50-65% of the normal retail price).

The other place I have sometimes used is Big T's Sports Cards for boxes and buying booster cases, but only recently stopped using them when they continued to sell smoke damaged goods and were incredibly rude to me when I came in to buy magic booster cases at their price in person; therefore, I would suggest using BCW supplies first

Blacksburg, VA 24060
(540) 552-2204

Fun-N-Games Facebook Page - Be a Fan!
(Magic Coupons, events, & more!)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fun-N-Games-Hobby-Shoppe

Live @ WV, Blacksburg or Roanoke, VA? Come to Fun-N-Games!

helpmehelpyou
posted February 17, 2012 05:34 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for helpmehelpyou Click Here to Email helpmehelpyou Send a private message to helpmehelpyou Click to send helpmehelpyou an Instant MessageVisit helpmehelpyou's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View helpmehelpyou's Have/Want ListView helpmehelpyou's Have/Want List
I have to ask.. why not just build an awesome collection with that kind of money? or make a pimped out cube for you and your friends. buying new boxes dont really seem like a great idea.

Bagbokk
posted February 17, 2012 05:49 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bagbokk Click Here to Email Bagbokk Send a private message to Bagbokk Click to send Bagbokk an Instant MessageVisit Bagbokk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by helpmehelpyou:
I have to ask.. why not just build an awesome collection with that kind of money? or make a pimped out cube for you and your friends. buying new boxes dont really seem like a great idea.

From OP:

quote:
some friends and I are looking at playing a ton of sealed decks and all want to have 4 mint sets of all the new sets coming out.

Okay, so the second part is probably easier/more efficiently accomplished by buying sets redeemed off of MTGO, but I don't see any other option for playing sealed format among friends without buying boxes...

shade2k1
posted February 17, 2012 07:04 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for shade2k1 Click Here to Email shade2k1 Send a private message to shade2k1 Click to send shade2k1 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View shade2k1's Have/Want ListView shade2k1's Have/Want List
I wasn't aware that BCW sold Magic cards. Or am I missing something?

quote:
Originally posted by jshields:
I normally use bcwsupplies.com -- it is bcw supplies and is a comic book // trading card storage supply store and the prices are pretty reasonable. I have been using them ever since I started selling magic through local stores about 6 years ago and have been very satisfied with the boxes they sell (usually their price is about 50-65% of the normal retail price).

The other place I have sometimes used is Big T's Sports Cards for boxes and buying booster cases, but only recently stopped using them when they continued to sell smoke damaged goods and were incredibly rude to me when I came in to buy magic booster cases at their price in person; therefore, I would suggest using BCW supplies first

flophaus
posted February 18, 2012 10:31 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for flophaus Click Here to Email flophaus Send a private message to flophaus Click to send flophaus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shade2k1:
I wasn't aware that BCW sold Magic cards. Or am I missing something?

Yeah, I searched all through the site and could find nothing as well.

Bagbokk
posted February 18, 2012 03:10 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bagbokk Click Here to Email Bagbokk Send a private message to Bagbokk Click to send Bagbokk an Instant MessageVisit Bagbokk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by flophaus:
Yeah, I searched all through the site and could find nothing as well.

I think somehow he just got confused between storage boxes and boxes of Magic cards.

telmagic20
posted February 21, 2012 01:04 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for telmagic20 Click Here to Email telmagic20 Send a private message to telmagic20 Click to send telmagic20 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
i use ebay usually

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League