Click Here!

Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  The Post for Magic Stuff, Part 66! (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 12 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   The Post for Magic Stuff, Part 66!
stab107
posted January 14, 2012 05:57 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for stab107 Click Here to Email stab107 Send a private message to stab107 Click to send stab107 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Not many spoiler for Dark Ascension yet but I think Moonfire Dragon is on the top of my list to pick up. Neat take on the red dragon. Chalice of Life/Death will also be packing EDH lifegain decks soon, it's kinda neat too.

Also managed a pretty big trade yesterday and took a huge chunk out of my collection goal, pretty happy . Now to sort through all my sets...

[Edited 1 times, lastly by stab107 on January 14, 2012]

WeedIan
posted January 14, 2012 06:08 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
Ugh, I did it again! I say "Please pay me with Paypal" and used the address the person emailed me with instead of "Please pay me with paypal @"

Now I've got a bunch of $$$ in my paypal account that i don't want in there (In US Dollars). Maybe i should put up a buy list for cube foils.

13th in posts on MOTL
Top 5 in Refs in Ontario (by people who location posted)

AlmostGrown
posted January 14, 2012 07:56 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AlmostGrown Click Here to Email AlmostGrown Send a private message to AlmostGrown Click to send AlmostGrown an Instant MessageVisit AlmostGrown's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AlmostGrown's Have/Want ListView AlmostGrown's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by WeedIan:
Ugh, I did it again! I say "Please pay me with Paypal" and used the address the person emailed me with instead of "Please pay me with paypal @"

Now I've got a bunch of $$$ in my paypal account that i don't want in there (In US Dollars). Maybe i should put up a buy list for cube foils.

I don't understand. You have 2 paypal accounts and one cant have money in it?

rockondon
posted January 14, 2012 10:12 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for rockondon Click Here to Email rockondon Send a private message to rockondon Click to send rockondon an Instant MessageVisit rockondon's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View rockondon's Have/Want ListView rockondon's Have/Want List
I decided that the worst color in EDH is every color that isn't blue.

|~~My #1 Angel~~l'_|'_|_|)
|(@)(@)""***|(@)(@)**|(@)

Lord Crovax
posted January 14, 2012 11:04 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Lord Crovax Click Here to Email Lord Crovax Send a private message to Lord Crovax Click to send Lord Crovax an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rockondon:
I decided that the worst color in EDH is every color that isn't blue.

Yup, second worst color is any color that isn't green, SO SO much good green...

rockondon
posted January 14, 2012 11:46 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for rockondon Click Here to Email rockondon Send a private message to rockondon Click to send rockondon an Instant MessageVisit rockondon's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View rockondon's Have/Want ListView rockondon's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Crovax:
Yup, second worst color is any color that isn't green, SO SO much good green...

I must admit, despite my long-time love affair with blue, that survival of the fittest is probably the single best card in EDH.
/my opinion.

But I guess there's a thread to banter about EDH.

In other magic news, I have a box of dark ascension preordered (I think I get it around Feb 5) and I'm looking forward to a booster draft in 2 weeks. If I pull a Sorin I'll probably trade it instantly. He's overhyped in my opinion.

dfitzg88
posted January 14, 2012 02:01 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for dfitzg88 Click Here to Email dfitzg88 Send a private message to dfitzg88 Click to send dfitzg88 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View dfitzg88's Trade Auction or SaleView dfitzg88's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
[QUOTE]If I pull a Sorin I'll probably trade it instantly. He's overhyped in my opinion.

Elspeth at Jace prices. Something is terribly wrong with this.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by dfitzg88 on January 14, 2012]

iccarus
posted January 14, 2012 06:10 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant MessageVisit iccarus's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View iccarus's Have/Want ListView iccarus's Have/Want List
So, I want to get back into legacy. I kept most of the staples I had for the style of deck I enjoy (fetches, blue duals, wastelands, FoW and assorted counters), but looking at lists shows I obviously need to update my card pool a little after not play for a couple of years.

I played CB-based decks primarily before I got out and I tend to favor aggro-control variants. I do NOT want to re-buy goyfs. I'm leaning towards some form of UW-blade variant, although the Maverick list that took 3rd at the SCG event last weekend seems cool as well. What's probably my best bet?

I collect Granite Gargoyles. Send them my way.

WeedIan
posted January 14, 2012 11:28 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by AlmostGrown:
I don't understand. You have 2 paypal accounts and one cant have money in it?

No what i meant was I always end up paying the email someone gives me instead of reading their email .. aka I am a moron

13th in posts on MOTL
Top 5 in Refs in Ontario (by people who location posted)

Skwirlnutz
posted January 15, 2012 11:38 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Skwirlnutz Click Here to Email Skwirlnutz Send a private message to Skwirlnutz Click to send Skwirlnutz an Instant MessageVisit Skwirlnutz's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Skwirlnutz's Trade Auction or SaleView Skwirlnutz's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
I must admit, despite my long-time love affair with blue, that survival of the fittest is probably the single best card in EDH.
/my opinion.

But I guess there's a thread to banter about EDH.

In other magic news, I have a box of dark ascension preordered (I think I get it around Feb 5) and I'm looking forward to a booster draft in 2 weeks. If I pull a Sorin I'll probably trade it instantly. He's overhyped in my opinion.

No Don do not trade it. Sell it to me for my set! (That is if I don't buy one at the Prerelease.)

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Skwirlnutz on January 15, 2012]

Absurd90
posted January 15, 2012 03:55 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Absurd90 Click Here to Email Absurd90 Send a private message to Absurd90 Click to send Absurd90 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by iccarus:
So, I want to get back into legacy. I kept most of the staples I had for the style of deck I enjoy (fetches, blue duals, wastelands, FoW and assorted counters), but looking at lists shows I obviously need to update my card pool a little after not play for a couple of years.

I played CB-based decks primarily before I got out and I tend to favor aggro-control variants. I do NOT want to re-buy goyfs. I'm leaning towards some form of UW-blade variant, although the Maverick list that took 3rd at the SCG event last weekend seems cool as well. What's probably my best bet?

Maverick seems good choice in the US meta.

caquaa
posted January 15, 2012 08:17 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
9th place at a PTQ. Ah, good times. Pretty sure I'm not allowed to go to protours ever.

yakusoku
posted January 15, 2012 08:59 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for yakusoku Click Here to Email yakusoku Send a private message to yakusoku Click to send yakusoku an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I played in a sealed tournament today.

5 rounds cut to top 8, draft, then prizes for 1-4 ($135, $65, $30, $30 store credit respectively).

I went 3-1-1 in the sealed, only losing to the 4-0-1 guy. I assembled a G/W deck.

2 Doomed Traveler
Gastaf Shephard
Spectral Rider
Elite Inquisitor
Ambush Viper
Chapel Geist
Voiceless Spirit
Elder Cathar
Galvanic Juggernaut
Mausoleum Guard
Ulvenwald Mystics
Woodland Sleuth

Caravan Vigil
Spidery Grasp
Smite the Monstrous
2 Travel Preparations
2 Brimstone Volley
Blazing Torch
Moment of Heroism
Silver-Inlaid Dagger

Gavony Township
1 Mountain
8 Plains
7 Forest

I also got a Snapcaster Mage and a Stromkirk Noble that I didn't play.

In the top 8, I drafted a G/B deck:

2 Typhoid Rats
2 Vampire Interloper
2 Gastaf Shepherd
2 Orchard Spirit
2 Markov Patrician
1 Lumberknot
1 Falkenrath Noble
1 Morkrut Banshee
1 Somberwild Spider
1 Grizzled Outcast

2 Prey Upon
1 Victim of Night
1 Moan of the Unhallowed
1 Blazing Torch
1 Corpse Lunge
2 Cobbled Wings
2 Gastaf Shepherd

Half of the table tried to draft blue, while I just steered clear and let them all fight for it. Same with red.

I beat my first round opponent in three games, including one game where I had A card left in my library. I beat my second round opponent in three games, including one game where I was at 15 and facing down a Geist of Saint Traft with a Vampire Interloper. He attacked three times, and I took 6 damage, then 6 damage, then the third attack I played Victim of Night on the Angel, took 2 and went to 1, played a Corpse Lunge on his only blocker that could get in the way and attacked with Vampire Interloper for the win.

I split in the finals and walked away with $100 store credit (plus around $30 in cards). I carpooled with two friends - one got $30 for 3rd/4th place and the other got Garruk + foil Forbidden Alchemy, but 3-2 wasn't enough to get into the top 8.

Combined with my 3-1 at FNM (which got me $12 store credit for a $6 entry fee) and I can afford to not pay any cash for FNM at least until Summer, even if I go 2-2 or worse every week.

Havoc Demon
posted January 16, 2012 04:46 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Havoc Demon Click Here to Email Havoc Demon Send a private message to Havoc Demon Click to send Havoc Demon an Instant MessageVisit Havoc Demon's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Not being able to draft because of unemployment sucks. Trying to cut all my expenses until I get a new one, hopefully before prerelease so I can actually play.

Support my friend's store: http://www.tabletoparena.com

My blog:
http://wings0298.blogspot.com

dfitzg88
posted January 16, 2012 10:28 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for dfitzg88 Click Here to Email dfitzg88 Send a private message to dfitzg88 Click to send dfitzg88 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View dfitzg88's Trade Auction or SaleView dfitzg88's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by Havoc Demon:
Not being able to draft because of unemployment sucks. Trying to cut all my expenses until I get a new one, hopefully before prerelease so I can actually play.

^ future ebay mtg seller

Lord Crovax
posted January 16, 2012 10:58 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Lord Crovax Click Here to Email Lord Crovax Send a private message to Lord Crovax Click to send Lord Crovax an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Havoc Demon:

I know the feeling ...

rockondon
posted January 16, 2012 10:59 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for rockondon Click Here to Email rockondon Send a private message to rockondon Click to send rockondon an Instant MessageVisit rockondon's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View rockondon's Have/Want ListView rockondon's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Skwirlnutz:

No Don do not trade it. Sell it to me for my set! (That is if I don't buy one at the Prerelease.)

Hey no problem, if I get one I'll be happy to sell it to you for the $50 that they're currently going for. And hey, maybe I'll buy it back from you in a month or two for $20.

Edit: just noticed these and couldn't help but chuckle.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by rockondon on January 16, 2012]

Thanos
posted January 16, 2012 12:10 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Skwirlnutz:

Edit: just noticed these and couldn't help but chuckle.

MOTHER OF GOD, WHY?????

airwalk
posted January 16, 2012 05:17 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for airwalk Send a private message to airwalk Click to send airwalk an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Anyone wanna weigh in on my buddies alters, he's only done a few cards so far as he's mostly a Warhammer guy but would like to know what others think:

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z251/moc065/scan0013.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z251/moc065/PA210029.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z251/moc065/P9220039.jpg

caquaa
posted January 16, 2012 07:38 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
seems okay on details and color matching and such, but overall they are boring. Borderless alters have been done to death.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by caquaa on January 16, 2012]

wayne
posted January 17, 2012 01:39 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for wayne Click Here to Email wayne Send a private message to wayne Click to send wayne an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View wayne's Have/Want ListView wayne's Have/Want List
The concept of trading up/down is so beginning to get on my nerves, especially when it is non-blue duals for non-blue duals.

caquaa
posted January 17, 2012 01:45 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by wayne:
The concept of trading up/down is so beginning to get on my nerves, especially when it is non-blue duals for non-blue duals.

sort of. I don't expect a premium when its similar items, I just don't do the trade. I was wanting a promo dissipate from someone at a PTQ and the only things he was finding in my binder were snapcasters and swords of f&f. I don't really feel like turning a $20 into smaller bills. When you have a wallet full of $1 bills they feel worthless sometimes.

Timmyhill
posted January 17, 2012 03:07 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Timmyhill Click Here to Email Timmyhill Send a private message to Timmyhill Click to send Timmyhill an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Timmyhill's Have/Want ListView Timmyhill's Have/Want List
How about when someone says they have cards from your list, and you make a fair offer but they say no because its not worth their time to look through the box.

Do you really have to pay someone extra just to look for the cards?

caquaa
posted January 17, 2012 03:38 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by Timmyhill:
How about when someone says they have cards from your list, and you make a fair offer but they say no because its not worth their time to look through the box.

Do you really have to pay someone extra just to look for the cards?

if its .10 commons.. yah. I've got 5k count boxes sorted by color and that's it. The deal would have to be large enough to make me want to find it for you. If its something more then just a random common, then they're likely just lazy.

yakusoku
posted January 17, 2012 05:07 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for yakusoku Click Here to Email yakusoku Send a private message to yakusoku Click to send yakusoku an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
So, on a related note, if I wanted playable commons for Standard - cards like Galvanic Blast, Gideon's Lawkeeper, Glint Hawk, Vault Skirge, Delver of Secrets, Mana Leak, Ponder, Vapor Snag, Llanowar Elves, and Rampant Growth - where do you think are the minimum and maximum (money wise) that would make it worth someone's time to actually go through piles of commons looking for specific cards, but not be so great that I'm ripping myself off?

This also assumes I'd want for than just a few copies of each card, so if someone had 20 Galvanic Blasts and it was cheap enough, I'd buy them all (I'm trying to build cheap Standard decks for lots of people and starting with commons and uncommons). I imagine for uncommons like Shrine of Burning Rage, Gut Shot, and Midnight Haunting, I'd just have to offer a fair market value, which I can more easily determine. I'm not so sure about large numbers of commons which aren't ALL just bulk. I don't want piles of Fortress Crabs and Grizzly Bears if I just buy Standard commons.

This topic is 12 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Open Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League