Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Dark Ascension Spoilers/Presumptions (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 9 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Dark Ascension Spoilers/Presumptions
B14ckM4g3
posted November 14, 2011 06:03 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for B14ckM4g3 Click Here to Email B14ckM4g3 Send a private message to B14ckM4g3 Click to send B14ckM4g3 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
So what is everyones guess towards dark ascension?

looks like Sorin Markov will get a facelift. Welcome home!

personally, I expect a doubling curse (effects of curses are doubled), and some strong mill cards.

What possible vampires/zombies/werewolves/whatever are you expecting/hoping for? What mechanics?

Let's talk.

ryan2754
posted November 14, 2011 06:07 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ryan2754 Click Here to Email ryan2754 Send a private message to ryan2754 Click to send ryan2754 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ryan2754's Have/Want ListView ryan2754's Have/Want List
I expect exactly what every 2nd set of a block is - the 'dark side' has the edge and plunges the plane into oblivion. Then Avacyn comes back in the final set. Definitely intrigued to see what the flavor is though.

2nd in Posts [6322] in OH-IO
(only 1700 behind Val)

“If Brad Stevens is the future of coaching in college basketball, the sport is in a good place.” - Rick Pitino

Volcanon
posted November 14, 2011 06:42 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
It would be nice to have a "good ending" for a block for once. When was the last one? Future sight?

ryan2754
posted November 14, 2011 07:05 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ryan2754 Click Here to Email ryan2754 Send a private message to ryan2754 Click to send ryan2754 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ryan2754's Have/Want ListView ryan2754's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Volcanon:
It would be nice to have a "good ending" for a block for once. When was the last one? Future sight?

Did Alara not end well?

(only 1700 behind Val)

“If Brad Stevens is the future of coaching in college basketball, the sport is in a good place.” - Rick Pitino

Heresy19
posted November 14, 2011 07:50 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Heresy19 Click Here to Email Heresy19 Send a private message to Heresy19 Click to send Heresy19 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Heresy19's Have/Want ListView Heresy19's Have/Want List
I expect Bloodlord of Vaasgoth to be a 15$ chase card :P

mm1983
posted November 15, 2011 03:38 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for mm1983 Click Here to Email mm1983 Send a private message to mm1983 Click to send mm1983 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mm1983's Have/Want ListView mm1983's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Heresy19:

I expect Bloodlord of Vaasgoth to be a 15$ chase card :P

That or Bloodline Keeper

JensK
posted November 15, 2011 05:32 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for JensK Click Here to Email JensK Send a private message to JensK Click to send JensK an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Can't wait to see the legendary Werewolf

The Crass Menagerie
posted November 15, 2011 05:36 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for The Crass Menagerie Send a private message to The Crass Menagerie Click to send The Crass Menagerie an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:

Didnt shadowmoor?

[Edited 1 times, lastly by The Crass Menagerie on November 15, 2011]

coasterdude84
posted November 15, 2011 10:09 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for coasterdude84 Click Here to Email coasterdude84 Send a private message to coasterdude84 Click to send coasterdude84 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View coasterdude84's Trade Auction or SaleView coasterdude84's Trade Auction or Sale
I suspect we'll start seeing cards that trigger some ability when transformed. For instance, something like, "When [this card] transforms, target creature you control gets +3/+3 until end of turn," a la Patron of the Wild.

Volcanon
posted November 15, 2011 10:16 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
White vampires. White werewolves. White zombies.
Banding.
Bands with other Legends.
Adun Oakenshield returns...as a werewolf!
Gerrard returns... as a werewolf!
Glissa returns... as a werewolf!
Phyrexians... as artifact werewolves with banding and Bushido 3!

DConNexus
posted November 15, 2011 10:47 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for DConNexus Click Here to Email DConNexus Send a private message to DConNexus Click to send DConNexus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View DConNexus's Have/Want ListView DConNexus's Have/Want List
I just started running U/R but I bet Black will get quite a few. Lots o vamps. Bring Koth as a zombie!!! Or a U/R zombie werewolf. Hybrid.

Crash21
posted November 15, 2011 11:09 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Crash21 Click Here to Email Crash21 Send a private message to Crash21 Click to send Crash21 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Crash21's Have/Want ListView Crash21's Have/Want List
I love me some Adun Oakenshield.

Volcanon
posted November 15, 2011 11:47 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DConNexus:
I just started running U/R but I bet Black will get quite a few. Lots o vamps. Bring Koth as a zombie!!! Or a U/R zombie werewolf. Hybrid.

Koth as a vampire zombie werewolf who flips into an enchantment that says: All creatures you control are red planeswalkers with the abilities Koth has.

ryan2754
posted November 15, 2011 08:43 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ryan2754 Click Here to Email ryan2754 Send a private message to ryan2754 Click to send ryan2754 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ryan2754's Have/Want ListView ryan2754's Have/Want List
Salvation NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

(only 1700 behind Val)

Volcanon
posted November 15, 2011 09:13 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ryan2754:
Salvation NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Bah. One can dream.
Also, I have more posts than you. So clearly you should be going to Salvation, not me.

-PoX-
posted November 16, 2011 12:15 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for -PoX- Click Here to Email -PoX- Send a private message to -PoX- Click to send -PoX- an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Flip duals of course : p

Timmyhill
posted November 16, 2011 03:56 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Timmyhill Click Here to Email Timmyhill Send a private message to Timmyhill Click to send Timmyhill an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Timmyhill's Have/Want ListView Timmyhill's Have/Want List
flip duals would be really intresting...

even if it was just a sarcastic suggestion.

caquaa
posted November 16, 2011 04:02 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by -PoX-:
Flip duals of course : p

what would be a likely flip condition? They could start as duals then if you have more than 3 lands they could flip into single colored lands.... or colorless. Lands that flipped back and forth would be terrible, so it has to be a permanent change. Maybe they're colorless or single colored lands that require 2-3 mana to flip them; 2 seems reasonable.

neat random thought though.

CubFan81
posted November 16, 2011 09:26 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for CubFan81 Click Here to Email CubFan81 Send a private message to CubFan81 Click to send CubFan81 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View CubFan81's Have/Want ListView CubFan81's Have/Want List
quote:
Phyrexians... as artifact werewolves with banding and Bushido 3!

Bushido is too self contained so I'm guessing they'd go with Flanking.

southparker2002
posted November 17, 2011 05:06 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for southparker2002 Click Here to Email southparker2002 Send a private message to southparker2002 Click to send southparker2002 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View southparker2002's Have/Want ListView southparker2002's Have/Want List
I'd like to see a little more boost for spirits.

Think they'll do a sort of Geist for other creatures?

Th3Sparkl3r
posted November 20, 2011 05:20 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Th3Sparkl3r Click Here to Email Th3Sparkl3r Send a private message to Th3Sparkl3r Click to send Th3Sparkl3r an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Th3Sparkl3r's Have/Want ListView Th3Sparkl3r's Have/Want List
My wish list:
1. A counterspell with a flashback cost that doesn't require you sacrifice your first-born child.
2. Zombie werewolves
3. Squirrels

That is all. =P

B14ckM4g3
posted November 20, 2011 07:32 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for B14ckM4g3 Click Here to Email B14ckM4g3 Send a private message to B14ckM4g3 Click to send B14ckM4g3 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I can see spirits getting a boost, as well as tokens getting another enchantment boost (double strike perhaps, or haste or unblockable)

I could see a flashback counterspell that, unfortunately, probably will require the sacrifice of unborn children. Alternatively, possibly remove X cards from graveyard as addition to casting cost?

New Sorin, no surprise.

what do I really want?

THE RETURN OF URZA! the ultimate planeswalker.
yea..

AlmostGrown
posted November 20, 2011 07:49 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for AlmostGrown Click Here to Email AlmostGrown Send a private message to AlmostGrown Click to send AlmostGrown an Instant MessageVisit AlmostGrown's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AlmostGrown's Have/Want ListView AlmostGrown's Have/Want List
So what you want is Delve?

southparker2002
posted November 21, 2011 06:02 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for southparker2002 Click Here to Email southparker2002 Send a private message to southparker2002 Click to send southparker2002 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View southparker2002's Have/Want ListView southparker2002's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by B14ckM4g3:

THE RETURN OF URZA! the ultimate planeswalker.
yea..

I back this up 1000%

Phostare
posted November 22, 2011 04:59 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Phostare Click Here to Email Phostare Send a private message to Phostare Click to send Phostare an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Do you all think they will resolve the Innistrad story line within the block?

It's such a rich environment (and I think quite popular?) that I could see them leaving it open ended enough to return to in a future block.

This topic is 9 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League