Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Ultra Pro Premium vs Ultra Pro Pro- Binder

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Ultra Pro Premium vs Ultra Pro Pro- Binder
lickaneye
posted December 29, 2011 12:48 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for lickaneye Click Here to Email lickaneye Send a private message to lickaneye Click to send lickaneye an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I wanted to pick up a few binders for trading and was wondering what are the differences between the Ultra Pro Pro Binder and the Ultra Pro Premium Binder. Other than the leather covering, are these binders exactly the same?
Specifically, do they use the same exact materials and pages for both binders?

For those of you that have experience with both, what are the pros and cons of each?

Where is the cheapest place to buy them? The cheapest I found the premium binder for, after all fees and taxes is $19.

Nyarlathotep333
posted December 29, 2011 02:38 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Nyarlathotep333 Click Here to Email Nyarlathotep333 Send a private message to Nyarlathotep333 Click to send Nyarlathotep333 an Instant MessageVisit Nyarlathotep333's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
The only difference that I can tell (besides the price) is that the Premium binder has a padded leather(?) cover and the other doesn't. The Premium binder is very nice in both look and feel and definitely has a more 'pimp' feel to it that the other binder lacks. The downside is that it does take up slightly more space which may not be an issue if you only use a couple of them, but is noticeable if you are using several of them to store card sets in. Personally, since storage space is more of an issue for me, I prefer the non-Premium binder but I do own three of the Premium ones.

It basically comes down to whether you want style or cheaper cost since they are pretty much the same once you open them up. Both have the same side-loading pockets and use same black page backing material.

Nyarlathotep333
posted December 29, 2011 02:46 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Nyarlathotep333 Click Here to Email Nyarlathotep333 Send a private message to Nyarlathotep333 Click to send Nyarlathotep333 an Instant MessageVisit Nyarlathotep333's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
*Gah! Wanted EDIT, not new post *

*EDIT* I got my Premium binders from FRP Games - I think I paid about $19 each at the time though it's been a while. My non-premium binders have all been gifts so I'm not sure what they cost. I'll be picking up a few more soon probably though so I'll have to do some price checking myself.

What really kills the cost for me is shipping. When I was looking at buying the three Premium binders I found that it was hard to find a place that ships to Alaska that didn't charge around $20 to ship them.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Nyarlathotep333 on December 29, 2011]

caquaa
posted December 29, 2011 10:34 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
pretty much covered it. The leather cover is nice and all, but thats about it. I really don't like the colors available and I've picked up the leather ones by buying people's trade binders and making them throw the binder in. They're doing good for me. The biggest downside to both is that if sleeves get worn inside they can't be replaced. I think I'm going to start using the binder from the backside since those pockets all look new still.

bcclar77
posted December 30, 2011 07:07 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for bcclar77 Click Here to Email bcclar77 Send a private message to bcclar77 Click to send bcclar77 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I think it's worth noting as well, that the cover is NOT really leather...

airwalk
posted December 30, 2011 08:08 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for airwalk Send a private message to airwalk Click to send airwalk an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bcclar77:
I think it's worth noting as well, that the cover is NOT really leather...

No one should expect as much for 19 bucks, lol.

bcclar77
posted December 30, 2011 09:35 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for bcclar77 Click Here to Email bcclar77 Send a private message to bcclar77 Click to send bcclar77 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nyarlathotep333:
...that the Premium binder has a padded leather(?) cover

Question asked and answered, no need for sarcastic lols...

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League