Magic Discussion
  Post for Magic Stuff Part 63 (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 12 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Post for Magic Stuff Part 63
MasterWolf
posted October 31, 2011 09:41 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MasterWolf Click Here to Email MasterWolf Send a private message to MasterWolf Click to send MasterWolf an Instant MessageVisit MasterWolf's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MasterWolf's Have/Want ListView MasterWolf's Have/Want List
Continue!

wayne
posted October 31, 2011 10:38 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for wayne Click Here to Email wayne Send a private message to wayne Click to send wayne an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View wayne's Have/Want ListView wayne's Have/Want List
What's the difference between the authors of premium articles and authors of non-premium articles on SCG? PT/GP top 8s?

Edit: And I wanted to post this thread, but the previous one got locked and Masterwolf jumped in before me as I went to get a drink. Must have been camping

[Edited 1 times, lastly by wayne on October 31, 2011]

sammyt125
posted October 31, 2011 10:51 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for sammyt125 Click Here to Email sammyt125 Send a private message to sammyt125 Click to send sammyt125 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View sammyt125's Have/Want ListView sammyt125's Have/Want List
I think it is mostly name recognition, it certainly doesn't have anything to do with quality of writing (coughbradnelsoncough).

MasterWolf
posted October 31, 2011 11:04 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MasterWolf Click Here to Email MasterWolf Send a private message to MasterWolf Click to send MasterWolf an Instant MessageVisit MasterWolf's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MasterWolf's Have/Want ListView MasterWolf's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by sammyt125:
I think it is mostly name recognition, it certainly doesn't have anything to do with quality of writing (coughbradnelsoncough).

Yeah, I think it is. It's "what will get people to pay money to read". Gavin's articles were some of the most entertaining, but always "free".

wayne: Right place, right time.

airwalk
posted October 31, 2011 01:58 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for airwalk Send a private message to airwalk Click to send airwalk an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I'm so happy, a new card store opened, it was inside some sort of internet/cell phone repair store so wasn't expecting much but oooo boy, was I wrong. Packs cheaper than anywhere else in the city & singles at E-bay completed prices, I have a feeling I will be spending a lot of money at this place.

I finally can say goodbye to $5 boosters and SCG priced singles, the other stores should be scared.

Haha, just found out they are on this site too! Awesome!

[Edited 2 times, lastly by airwalk on October 31, 2011]

ryan2754
posted October 31, 2011 02:32 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ryan2754 Click Here to Email ryan2754 Send a private message to ryan2754 Click to send ryan2754 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ryan2754's Have/Want ListView ryan2754's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by airwalk:
I'm so happy, a new card store opened, it was inside some sort of internet/cell phone repair store so wasn't expecting much but oooo boy, was I wrong. Packs cheaper than anywhere else in the city & singles at E-bay completed prices, I have a feeling I will be spending a lot of money at this place.

I finally can say goodbye to $5 boosters and SCG priced singles, the other stores should be scared.

Haha, just found out they are on this site too! Awesome!

Yeah, but as a store, it's hard to make money by selling at Ebay prices. I have a feeling that won't last very long.

2nd in Posts [6238] in OH-IO
(only 1800 behind Val)

“If Brad Stevens is the future of coaching in college basketball, the sport is in a good place.” - Rick Pitino

gaeacradle
posted October 31, 2011 02:39 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for gaeacradle Click Here to Email gaeacradle Send a private message to gaeacradle Click to send gaeacradle an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View gaeacradle's Have/Want ListView gaeacradle's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by ryan2754:
Yeah, but as a store, it's hard to make money by selling at Ebay prices. I have a feeling that won't last very long.

Perhaps they are trying to draw in customers since they are new.

airwalk
posted October 31, 2011 02:43 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for airwalk Send a private message to airwalk Click to send airwalk an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Well they do operate another business (cell phone/internet of some type), hopefully that allows them top keep offering competetive prices on singles for some time to come. Either way I'm happy there is more competetion in the area, seems like great store!

Thanos
posted October 31, 2011 02:46 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MTG-Autographed-Juzam-Djinn-Arabian-Nights-Mint-case-Never-Touched-/260884172171?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbde88d8b

I can't make this crap up...

MagixDK
posted October 31, 2011 03:13 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MagixDK Click Here to Email MagixDK Send a private message to MagixDK Click to send MagixDK an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
you would think he could make more money as a novelist :/

caquaa
posted October 31, 2011 03:17 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by Thanos:

I can't make this crap up...

but apparently someone can. What a load.... lol.

yakusoku
posted October 31, 2011 04:02 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for yakusoku Click Here to Email yakusoku Send a private message to yakusoku Click to send yakusoku an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I'm disappointed that he didn't come with a bag of sand to swap for the Juzam Djinn or start his story with a lovely damsel in distress who claims to need his help to find her sister, but causes him to get in trouble with shady characters including a fat man who all want their hands on the black figure of a card.

DConNexus
posted October 31, 2011 04:18 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for DConNexus Click Here to Email DConNexus Send a private message to DConNexus Click to send DConNexus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View DConNexus's Have/Want ListView DConNexus's Have/Want List
Should I play a Control or Ludevic deck tomorrow?

AlmostGrown
posted October 31, 2011 06:33 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for AlmostGrown Click Here to Email AlmostGrown Send a private message to AlmostGrown Click to send AlmostGrown an Instant MessageVisit AlmostGrown's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AlmostGrown's Have/Want ListView AlmostGrown's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by DConNexus:
Should I play a Control or Ludevic deck tomorrow?

Both, it's what I do. It's a WUB control deck with a Luvedic's Test Subject in it as a potential wincon.

Irate
posted October 31, 2011 10:39 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Irate Click Here to Email Irate Send a private message to Irate Click to send Irate an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
what recentish box should I buy to stock up on trade stock?

I'm leaning towards Future Sight (yep Tarmogoyf)

wayne
posted October 31, 2011 10:49 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for wayne Click Here to Email wayne Send a private message to wayne Click to send wayne an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View wayne's Have/Want ListView wayne's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Irate:
what recentish box should I buy to stock up on trade stock?

Buy a collection to accumulate trade stock. Buying packs is purely for the thrill of opening them.

caquaa
posted October 31, 2011 11:04 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:

At retail prices, even if you hit a goyf, a future sight box isn't worth while. I cracked a box for $90, but missed on a goyf. It was terrible. I figured I'd hit a goyf and do okay... but nope. I think the best value/pack set is besieged, but I wouldn't buy packs. I actually just look locally to buy cards. If someone mentioned they wish they had money to buy whatever, offer then something for some cards they have.

wayne
posted November 01, 2011 12:08 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for wayne Click Here to Email wayne Send a private message to wayne Click to send wayne an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View wayne's Have/Want ListView wayne's Have/Want List
Elesh Norn is sold out on SCG for $10, what's the deal?

Irate
posted November 01, 2011 12:26 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Irate Click Here to Email Irate Send a private message to Irate Click to send Irate an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wayne:
Buy a collection to accumulate trade stock. Buying packs is purely for the thrill of opening them.

I did that and the collection was mostly Invasion, Ice age and fourth edition. Silly me.

Also there doesn't seem to be many collections for sale in my neck of the woods, and I keep my eyes open on gumtree.com.au, craigslist.com.au and the like pretty regularly. Oh and I hate the LGS, their singles are decently priced but they sell packs and the like for a massive markup. $7 AUD each

thror
posted November 01, 2011 12:36 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for thror Send a private message to thror Click to send thror an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View thror's Trade Auction or SaleView thror's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:

Solar Flare. Norn helps beat wolf run decks (kills inkmoth nexi, mana dudes, etc)

[16:17] <@BrassMan> what do you need new tech for?
[16:18] <@BrassMan> gush is unrestricted

[19:01] <nderEvo> you can delete yourself

wayne
posted November 01, 2011 12:38 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for wayne Click Here to Email wayne Send a private message to wayne Click to send wayne an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View wayne's Have/Want ListView wayne's Have/Want List
quote:
I did that and the collection was mostly Invasion, Ice age and fourth edition. Silly me.

Also there doesn't seem to be many collections for sale in my neck of the woods, and I keep my eyes open on gumtree.com.au, craigslist.com.au and the like pretty regularly. Oh and I hate the LGS, their singles are decently priced but they sell packs and the like for a massive markup. $7 AUD each

Buy singles or packs from USA, the AUD is quite strong now. Or if you prefer somewhere nearer, Singapore (*cough* shameless plug *cough*)

Irate
posted November 01, 2011 01:59 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Irate Click Here to Email Irate Send a private message to Irate Click to send Irate an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:

Buy singles or packs from USA, the AUD is quite strong now. Or if you prefer somewhere nearer, Singapore (*cough* shameless plug *cough*)

Thought about that but unless they are a reputable source I don't want to risk not being able to recover my money/products.

Funny though, when it comes to doing trades, no matter how large or small I don't really care about getting ripped or the mail being lost or whatever.

caquaa
posted November 01, 2011 02:13 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Thought about that but unless they are a reputable source I don't want to risk not being able to recover my money/products.

with some effort, you could likely find someone trustworthy to "third party" a deal for you from some online website. Assuming you purchase enough at once to make shipping worth while, I think coolstuffinc's boxes run ~95-100 shipped. If you picked up 4 boxes you could ship it priority flat rate at ~$50 so you'd end up in the range of $3.15 a pack. Pretty sure the AUD is stronger then USD so this would be far better then your local deal. Even throwing the person in the middle $10-20 still puts you getting packs at half price of your local venue.

wayne
posted November 01, 2011 05:32 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for wayne Click Here to Email wayne Send a private message to wayne Click to send wayne an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View wayne's Have/Want ListView wayne's Have/Want List
quote:

Funny though, when it comes to doing trades, no matter how large or small I don't really care about getting ripped or the mail being lost or whatever.

In case the subtle prompting in my previous post didn't work, I wish to add with some understatement that I hope that I am a reputable trader.

hilikuS
posted November 01, 2011 06:21 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for hilikuS Click Here to Email hilikuS Send a private message to hilikuS Click to send hilikuS an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View hilikuS's Trade Auction or SaleView hilikuS's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:

Channel still has a pile of them.

This topic is 12 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Open Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League