Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  The bend test

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   The bend test
delusionalstorm
posted November 25, 2011 12:56 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for delusionalstorm Click Here to Email delusionalstorm Send a private message to delusionalstorm Click to send delusionalstorm an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I have some questions about this test. The more obvious ones I guess.

1. How exactly is it performed? What careful measures should you take?

2. What are the flaws with this test, is there any way for a proxy to get around it? If so how do I see through that?

3. Will it harm the card at all? What might I have to do to not harm the card?

4. When these performing the test necessary?

I just never wanna get ripped off by a proxy. Thanks a lot!

Thanos
posted November 25, 2011 02:23 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
This should help you out:

http://www.apathyhouse.com/fake/index.php

delusionalstorm
posted November 25, 2011 02:32 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for delusionalstorm Click Here to Email delusionalstorm Send a private message to delusionalstorm Click to send delusionalstorm an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
that page is extremely bugged

Thanos
posted November 25, 2011 02:38 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Really?

I have no problems with it, and you're probably not gonna find a better page detailing fakes...

Bagbokk
posted November 25, 2011 03:28 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bagbokk Click Here to Email Bagbokk Send a private message to Bagbokk Click to send Bagbokk an Instant MessageVisit Bagbokk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thanos:
Really?

I have no problems with it...

Same here. Not sure what browser you're running, but it loads fine on IE.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Bagbokk on November 25, 2011]

delusionalstorm
posted November 25, 2011 09:06 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for delusionalstorm Click Here to Email delusionalstorm Send a private message to delusionalstorm Click to send delusionalstorm an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
chrome? wierd

caquaa
posted November 26, 2011 01:17 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
I have some questions about this test. The more obvious ones I guess.

1. How exactly is it performed? What careful measures should you take?
You touch the top of the card to the bottom of the card. If you don't know how to do it and are having to ask, you shouldn't be doing it. Bending a real card incorrectly can crease it. Repeated bending of a real card can crease it as well. I'd not recommend doing the bend test

2. What are the flaws with this test, is there any way for a proxy to get around it? If so how do I see through that?
The test is to determine if the stock is "real" that the card is on. Often cards printed on fake stock or a rebacked card can fail this test resulting in a creased card. If a fake is printed on good quality stock it can pass this test. Checking the print pattern and examining the edges and corner of the card are a better indication of a fake

3. Will it harm the card at all? What might I have to do to not harm the card?
It can. If you don't want to harm the card, don't bend it

4. When these performing the test necessary?
Never. If you don't know enough about the card you're acquiring that you want to bend it, you shouldn't be buying or trading for that card

[Edited 1 times, lastly by caquaa on November 26, 2011]

southparker2002
posted November 26, 2011 08:05 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for southparker2002 Click Here to Email southparker2002 Send a private message to southparker2002 Click to send southparker2002 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View southparker2002's Have/Want ListView southparker2002's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Thanos:
This should help you out:

http://www.apathyhouse.com/fake/index.php

thats a very good site, thanks

Mr. Ruboonia
posted November 26, 2011 07:23 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. Ruboonia Click Here to Email Mr. Ruboonia Send a private message to Mr. Ruboonia Click to send Mr. Ruboonia an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Mr. Ruboonia's Have/Want ListView Mr. Ruboonia's Have/Want List
Do NOT bend test your cards. Please.

coolio
posted November 26, 2011 09:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for coolio Click Here to Email coolio Send a private message to coolio Click to send coolio an Instant MessageVisit coolio's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Ruboonia:
Do NOT bend test your cards. Please.

its fine if you know what you are doing.. but then.. if the OP's asking these questions.. i'd agree.. dont try it.

©

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
-Seneca the Younger

Th3Sparkl3r
posted November 29, 2011 04:28 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Th3Sparkl3r Click Here to Email Th3Sparkl3r Send a private message to Th3Sparkl3r Click to send Th3Sparkl3r an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Th3Sparkl3r's Have/Want ListView Th3Sparkl3r's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by delusionalstorm:
chrome? wierd

I'm on chrome, loads fine for me.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League