Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Where are you Black Friday Weekend Magic shopping at?

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Where are you Black Friday Weekend Magic shopping at?
tragicmagic
posted November 24, 2011 07:03 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for tragicmagic Click Here to Email tragicmagic Send a private message to tragicmagic Click to send tragicmagic an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View tragicmagic's Trade Auction or SaleView tragicmagic's Trade Auction or Sale
I'm personally hovering over TrollandToad.com waiting to get some booster boxes, hoping I can click fast enough. You guys find any other good places?

iccarus
posted November 24, 2011 07:53 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant MessageVisit iccarus's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View iccarus's Have/Want ListView iccarus's Have/Want List
Thanks for the tip on T&T. Down for a $50 box of INN for sure. Should get value out of that.

I collect Granite Gargoyles. Send them my way.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by iccarus on November 24, 2011]

AlmostGrown
posted November 24, 2011 09:04 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for AlmostGrown Click Here to Email AlmostGrown Send a private message to AlmostGrown Click to send AlmostGrown an Instant MessageVisit AlmostGrown's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AlmostGrown's Have/Want ListView AlmostGrown's Have/Want List
Haha I can't access trollandtoad's website

Bagbokk
posted November 24, 2011 09:06 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bagbokk Click Here to Email Bagbokk Send a private message to Bagbokk Click to send Bagbokk an Instant MessageVisit Bagbokk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Those are all gone now anyway.

Aznopium
posted November 24, 2011 09:35 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Aznopium Click Here to Email Aznopium Send a private message to Aznopium Click to send Aznopium an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Aznopium's Have/Want ListView Aznopium's Have/Want List
i only saw one box of innistrad in stock at 50, couldn't add it to cart.
it was a joke.

AVarner
posted November 24, 2011 09:51 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for AVarner Click Here to Email AVarner Send a private message to AVarner Click to send AVarner an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it was a complete joke. It showed several boxes in stock, I tried to add multiple times and got errors or the site would time out. Finally it showed them as having none after about 10 minutes of trying. Coupled with previous poor experiences buying from T&T, I will definitely be wary of buying from them in the future.

Thanos
posted November 24, 2011 10:20 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I was able to get a box of Pokemon (Emerging Powers) for my son, nothing else...

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Thanos on November 24, 2011]

Bagbokk
posted November 24, 2011 10:26 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bagbokk Click Here to Email Bagbokk Send a private message to Bagbokk Click to send Bagbokk an Instant MessageVisit Bagbokk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Given how many people were likely waiting for the sale to go up (thus the slow website) and the incredibly cheap prices on the stuff they had for sale, I'm not at all surprised that everything sold out within probably a minute. These kinds of sales inevitably disappoint the ton of people that aren't able to buy the stuff in time, and only a few people are insanely happy they got stuff at half off. It may be better just to not have this kind of sale, but I don't view them any less favorably because of it.

Thanos
posted November 24, 2011 10:32 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
MTG boxes keep popping up though...

dwiz
posted November 25, 2011 02:12 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for dwiz Click Here to Email dwiz Send a private message to dwiz Click to send dwiz an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View dwiz's Trade Auction or SaleView dwiz's Trade Auction or Sale
Putting 1 box up and saying "Extremely Limited Quantities" is just bad business. They've definitely done more bad than good for their business with these "deals"

MTDetermine
posted November 25, 2011 08:46 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MTDetermine Click Here to Email MTDetermine Send a private message to MTDetermine Click to send MTDetermine an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
It looks more like a clumsy marketing move than something malicious. Among the online shops I buy from, T&T is definitely 1 of the more honest ones.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League