Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Question about trading

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Question about trading
B14ckM4g3
posted November 21, 2011 03:41 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for B14ckM4g3 Click Here to Email B14ckM4g3 Send a private message to B14ckM4g3 Click to send B14ckM4g3 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
So I agreed to a trade with a fellow. But when I checked my cards the card that I thought I had was no longer there. we already exchanged address's and I don't have the proposed trade cards. I feel terrible as it is and I wanted to know what the reprecussions would be.
Any input would be appreciated.

Samite Healer
posted November 21, 2011 04:09 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Samite Healer Click Here to Email Samite Healer Send a private message to Samite Healer Click to send Samite Healer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I think that proper communcation with each other is the key here. If you can effectively communicate with the other party, they should be reasonable to work something out with you or be understanding of the situation.

I know that I would be understanding if someone explained to me what happened. Let's hope others feel the same way.

Good luck!

Timmyhill
posted November 21, 2011 04:23 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Timmyhill Click Here to Email Timmyhill Send a private message to Timmyhill Click to send Timmyhill an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Timmyhill's Have/Want ListView Timmyhill's Have/Want List
Yup you should deffentently talk to the other person about it.

Maybe even see if you could pick up the missing card asap if they wouldnt mind waiting a few extra days.

But most reasonable people should be ok with it so long as you keep in really good communication.

Bagbokk
posted November 21, 2011 05:01 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bagbokk Click Here to Email Bagbokk Send a private message to Bagbokk Click to send Bagbokk an Instant MessageVisit Bagbokk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Proper communication is absolutely the key. People are often reasonable when it comes to these situations as long as the communication is there, since most people understand that mistakes happen and that they'll make them on occasion too and wouldn't want to be unduly punished for it themselves when it happens. I don't BTA people for backing out of trades if they tell me in a timely manner and it doesn't seem otherwise suspicious (card that went suddenly up/down in value).

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Bagbokk on November 21, 2011]

MeddlingMage
posted November 21, 2011 05:51 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MeddlingMage Click Here to Email MeddlingMage Send a private message to MeddlingMage Click to send MeddlingMage an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MeddlingMage's Have/Want ListView MeddlingMage's Have/Want List
I've had it happen to me before. Email them ASAP. I have even asked if there is something else they might be interested in and they said yes.
With communication, everything works out for the better.

~MM

CM Punk "OMG Kevin Nash WTF, thought he was dead, LOL"

New keeper of the Logout button

nderdog
posted November 21, 2011 05:52 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for nderdog Click Here to Email nderdog Send a private message to nderdog Click to send nderdog an Instant MessageVisit nderdog's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nderdog's Have/Want ListView nderdog's Have/Want List
Should they want to hold you to the deal, your options really are to find the card elsewhere and get it sent to them, or get a warning for bad trading practices, which isn't usually a big deal as long as it doesn't happen again.

I trust you've learned you lesson and will not confirm future trades until you have the cards already set aside and have verified condition.

All your Gruul Nodorogs are belong to me. Trade them to me, please!

Report rules violations.

Remember the Auctions Board!

B14ckM4g3
posted November 21, 2011 06:34 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for B14ckM4g3 Click Here to Email B14ckM4g3 Send a private message to B14ckM4g3 Click to send B14ckM4g3 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it. I have sent a PM to the member and will send an e-mail as well and hopefully we can work something out in it's place. Don't know where to find a geist right now and work is demanding my time. Come short of buying booster packs my only option is to change the trade. I'm sure the other person will be understanding. thanks again.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League