Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Foriegn cards

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Foriegn cards
southparker2002
posted January 25, 2012 10:14 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for southparker2002 Click Here to Email southparker2002 Send a private message to southparker2002 Click to send southparker2002 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View southparker2002's Have/Want ListView southparker2002's Have/Want List
Why is Japanese much more valueable than any other language? What other languages are high priced?

MagicPatty
posted January 25, 2012 10:15 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MagicPatty Click Here to Email MagicPatty Send a private message to MagicPatty Click to send MagicPatty an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MagicPatty's Have/Want ListView MagicPatty's Have/Want List
...harder to come by, not as much printed.

Russian and Korean are pretty hot too.

revenger
posted January 25, 2012 10:53 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for revenger Click Here to Email revenger Click to send revenger an Instant MessageVisit revenger's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View revenger's Have/Want ListView revenger's Have/Want List
I'd be interested in obtaining lots and lots of german cards, but since all of em r more expensive than their english counterparts, I don't bother. I don't understand why foreign cards are so expensive in general, no matter the language its in.

Always trading for my fave artist cards I still need for my art collection. Trade em to me!

Loathing
posted January 25, 2012 11:13 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Loathing Click Here to Email Loathing Send a private message to Loathing Click to send Loathing an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by revenger:
I'd be interested in obtaining lots and lots of german cards, but since all of em r more expensive than their english counterparts, I don't bother. I don't understand why foreign cards are so expensive in general, no matter the language its in.

A starting point is that sealed product is much more expensive in many foreign countries.

s14sh3r
posted January 26, 2012 08:01 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for s14sh3r Click Here to Email s14sh3r Send a private message to s14sh3r Click to send s14sh3r an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View s14sh3r's Trade Auction or SaleView s14sh3r's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by Loathing:
A starting point is that sealed product is much more expensive in many foreign countries.

Here in Japan, sealed boxes (both english and japanese) cost about $150 at the local game store.

davef139
posted January 27, 2012 01:26 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for davef139 Click Here to Email davef139 Send a private message to davef139 Click to send davef139 an Instant MessageVisit davef139's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Its cuz people think it looks cool

djcards
posted January 27, 2012 05:43 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for djcards Click Here to Email djcards Send a private message to djcards Click to send djcards an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I understand and see that "foreign" cards are worth more here, but what if I go to Japan... Should I just drop a wad on Japanese cards and bring them back for $$$?

Lord Crovax
posted January 27, 2012 06:22 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Lord Crovax Click Here to Email Lord Crovax Send a private message to Lord Crovax Click to send Lord Crovax an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by djcards:
I understand and see that "foreign" cards are worth more here, but what if I go to Japan... Should I just drop a wad on Japanese cards and bring them back for $$$?

If you can, generally yes...

just know your market first...

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League