Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Worlds 2011 - who is attending?

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Worlds 2011 - who is attending?
majicman
posted October 26, 2011 03:49 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for majicman Click Here to Email majicman Send a private message to majicman Click to send majicman an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View majicman's Have/Want ListView majicman's Have/Want List
Hello MOTLer's,

Decided to start this topic as I have never met any of the folks IRL on MOTL. Went to Worlds back in 2004 and had a good time doing casual play and trading and meeting the artists (Chris Rush and Richard Garfield were there and met both personally). Also met Scott Fisher - super nice guy.

Just wondering who is attending and perhaps we can meet up with a few of you. I live about 50 mins or so outside of SF and right now will probably attend at least Friday or Saturday and maybe another earlier day.

Regards...Greg

[Edited 1 times, lastly by majicman on October 27, 2011]

yakusoku
posted October 26, 2011 05:44 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for yakusoku Click Here to Email yakusoku Send a private message to yakusoku Click to send yakusoku an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:

I live about 50 mins or so outside of SF and right now will probably attend at least Friday or Saturday and maybe another earlier day.

This.

WeedIan
posted October 26, 2011 10:43 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
May decide to fly down depending on if a friend wants to go.

13th in posts on MOTL
Top 5 in Refs in Ontario (by people who location posted)

potaguitar
posted October 26, 2011 11:12 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for potaguitar Click Here to Email potaguitar Send a private message to potaguitar Click to send potaguitar an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yakusoku:
This.

What he said

simbayu
posted October 27, 2011 12:52 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for simbayu Send a private message to simbayu Click to send simbayu an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I'm looking forward to Worlds. I live 150 minutes away but grew up in SF so its perfect.

BMoney
posted November 03, 2011 06:22 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for BMoney Click Here to Email BMoney Send a private message to BMoney Click to send BMoney an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I'll be there. My buddy Shaheen Soorani is playing. We are flying from virginia. This will be the final Worlds we have to go!

Godswill
posted November 14, 2011 05:23 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Godswill Send a private message to Godswill Click to send Godswill an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Oops. Didn't see this, guess I should've used search function.

I'll be there! Maybe even Wednesday or Thursday if I feel like skipping class.

potaguitar
posted November 15, 2011 12:20 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for potaguitar Click Here to Email potaguitar Send a private message to potaguitar Click to send potaguitar an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Just confirming that I'll definitely be there on Friday, and probably Saturday as well.

caquaa
posted November 15, 2011 12:39 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
My flight lands at a little before 8am on Thursday... my return flight leaves at 9pm Sunday. I plan at being at worlds most of the time in between.

Drafting, trading, etc... should be good times.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by caquaa on November 15, 2011]

Godswill
posted November 15, 2011 12:46 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Godswill Send a private message to Godswill Click to send Godswill an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by caquaa:
My flight lands at a little before 8am on Thursday... my return flight leaves at 9pm Sunday. I plan at being at worlds most of the time in between.

Drafting, trading, etc... should be good times.

Sweet! Hopefully I get to meet some of you guys. It'd be nice to finally be able to match username with a face, especially for some of the more prominent figures on these forums!

caquaa
posted November 15, 2011 01:02 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
I'm a big guy. Always wearing my black Rammstein hat. Name is Michael Phelps (yes... really). If you see me in a side event or such, feel free to say hi.

I'll also likely have no idea who you are or if we've traded in the past or anything. I'm good like that... no really, my memory is terrible most of the time.

[Edited 2 times, lastly by caquaa on November 15, 2011]

wayne
posted November 15, 2011 05:55 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for wayne Click Here to Email wayne Send a private message to wayne Click to send wayne an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View wayne's Have/Want ListView wayne's Have/Want List
quote:
I'm a big guy. Always wearing my black Rammstein hat. Name is Michael Phelps (yes... really). If you see me in a side event or such, feel free to say hi.

I'll also likely have no idea who you are or if we've traded in the past or anything. I'm good like that... no really, my memory is terrible most of the time.

Do you swim ?

caquaa
posted November 15, 2011 01:09 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by wayne:

Do you swim ?

<sigh>

bushe
posted November 15, 2011 01:35 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for bushe Click Here to Email bushe Send a private message to bushe Click to send bushe an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View bushe's Have/Want ListView bushe's Have/Want List
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.
Samir: You know there's nothing wrong with that name.
Michael Bolton: There was nothing wrong with it... until that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys.
Samir: Hmm... well why don't you just go by Mike instead of Michael?
Michael Bolton: No way! Why should I change? He's the one who sucks.

Godswill
posted November 15, 2011 06:20 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Godswill Send a private message to Godswill Click to send Godswill an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:

Yeah, if I see you I'll say hi and introduce myself.

And no worries. I only really know a couple names that I see all the time in the Trade and Value forums because thats where I spend all my time.

coolio
posted November 18, 2011 01:04 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for coolio Click Here to Email coolio Send a private message to coolio Click to send coolio an Instant MessageVisit coolio's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
am here

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
-Seneca the Younger

potaguitar
posted November 18, 2011 01:25 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for potaguitar Click Here to Email potaguitar Send a private message to potaguitar Click to send potaguitar an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
everybody look for me tomorrow if you're out there. I'll be wearing a blue City and Colour shirt.

Goal of the day is to trade my 3x Tarmo's towards a piece of power or some duals.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League