Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  How many counters is enough?

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   How many counters is enough?
DConNexus
posted November 03, 2011 08:07 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for DConNexus Click Here to Email DConNexus Send a private message to DConNexus Click to send DConNexus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View DConNexus's Have/Want ListView DConNexus's Have/Want List
Speaking in terms of a U/B Control. I was at a local event and went 1-3 against 2x Wolf Runs, B/W human spirits, and beat the G/W human.

yakusoku
posted November 03, 2011 08:15 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for yakusoku Click Here to Email yakusoku Send a private message to yakusoku Click to send yakusoku an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I run 4 Mana Leak and 4 Dissipate (with Negates in the sideboard).

How many are you running?

DConNexus
posted November 03, 2011 08:28 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for DConNexus Click Here to Email DConNexus Send a private message to DConNexus Click to send DConNexus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View DConNexus's Have/Want ListView DConNexus's Have/Want List
I run the same. I wonder if one more Snap would help. Problem is, I only have too. Are Dismembers even worth it?

yakusoku
posted November 03, 2011 08:41 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for yakusoku Click Here to Email yakusoku Send a private message to yakusoku Click to send yakusoku an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Here's my deck, as best as I can recall:

4 Think Twice
4 Mana Leak
4 Dissipate
3 Forbidden Alchemy
4 Doom Blade
3 Wring Flesh
2 Black Sun's Zenith
1 Batterskull

3 Snapcaster Mage
2 Grave Titan
1 Consecrated Sphinx
2 Wurmcoil Engine

3 Nephalia Drownyard
3 Ghost Quarter
4 Drowned Catacombs
4 Darkslick Shores
5 Swamp
8 Island

DConNexus
posted November 03, 2011 08:51 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for DConNexus Click Here to Email DConNexus Send a private message to DConNexus Click to send DConNexus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View DConNexus's Have/Want ListView DConNexus's Have/Want List
I have noticed that the Planeswalkers didnt help me much. Steel Sabotage in the sideboard? Just to counter swords and wurms.

Timmyhill
posted November 03, 2011 06:17 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Timmyhill Click Here to Email Timmyhill Send a private message to Timmyhill Click to send Timmyhill an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Timmyhill's Have/Want ListView Timmyhill's Have/Want List
Before Zendikar block left I ran a deck with 18-21 counters in it and I had a blast playing it...

Wasnt really good enough to win but it sure annoyed everyone I played.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League