Click Here!

Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Anyone received the e-mails from Danial Chang ? (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Anyone received the e-mails from Danial Chang ?
CoupDeGrace
posted December 14, 2011 10:37 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for CoupDeGrace Click Here to Email CoupDeGrace Send a private message to CoupDeGrace Click to send CoupDeGrace an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
As above, claiming that he is broke and selling 2 beta Power Set for $2,000 O_O ?

Steviegets
posted December 14, 2011 10:41 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Steviegets Click Here to Email Steviegets Send a private message to Steviegets Click to send Steviegets an Instant MessageVisit Steviegets's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I did...lol.

MeddlingMage
posted December 14, 2011 10:46 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MeddlingMage Click Here to Email MeddlingMage Send a private message to MeddlingMage Click to send MeddlingMage an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MeddlingMage's Have/Want ListView MeddlingMage's Have/Want List
I was just coming to MD to post this, myself. I have 2 emails from him. I haven't read them yet, as I'm on my Blackberry. What's going on with these? Are they needed by anyone here for evidence or anything? Should I post them?

~MM

i!  I have a huge collection of mtg cards for sale.  I will sell these to you really cheap.  Just don't tell anyone on MOTL (magictraders.com) about this.

(I accept Paypal)

I have 2 beta power nine sets, 10,000 mtg rares (no uncommons and commons) and I really need $2,000 for everything.  I live in Auburn, Washington United States and pickup is available.  The 2 beta power nine sets include the 2 beta black lotus cards, in mint condition.  I have actually two of them.  I would just like $2,000 for everything just mentioned.  Please do not tell anyone on MOTL about this.  Please do not report this email.  Thanks!

i!  I have a huge collection of mtg cards for sale.  I will sell these to you really cheap.  Just don't tell anyone on MOTL (magictraders.com) about this.

(I accept Paypal)

I have 2 beta power nine sets, 10,000 mtg rares (no uncommons and commons) and I really need $2,000 for everything.  I live in Auburn, Washington United States and pickup is available.  The 2 beta power nine sets include the 2 beta black lotus cards, in mint condition.  I have actually two of them.  I would just like $2,000 for everything just mentioned.  Please do not tell anyone on MOTL about this.  Please do not report this email.  Thanks!

(I can be reached at: 850-559-7194 text or call me)

(I can be reached at: 850-559-7194 text or call me)

CM Punk "OMG Kevin Nash WTF, thought he was dead, LOL"

New keeper of the Logout button

[Edited 2 times, lastly by MeddlingMage on December 14, 2011]

DConNexus
posted December 14, 2011 10:48 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for DConNexus Click Here to Email DConNexus Send a private message to DConNexus Click to send DConNexus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View DConNexus's Have/Want ListView DConNexus's Have/Want List
I got both of them as well.

MeddlingMage
posted December 14, 2011 10:50 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MeddlingMage Click Here to Email MeddlingMage Send a private message to MeddlingMage Click to send MeddlingMage an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MeddlingMage's Have/Want ListView MeddlingMage's Have/Want List
Crap! I wasn't supposed to tell anybody! Hope this doesn't ruin my chances!

~MM

CM Punk "OMG Kevin Nash WTF, thought he was dead, LOL"

New keeper of the Logout button

Thanos
posted December 14, 2011 10:54 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
They're not from the actual Daniel Chang ( Graded Magic Cards).

That should be made clear.

ryan2754
posted December 14, 2011 11:03 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for ryan2754 Click Here to Email ryan2754 Send a private message to ryan2754 Click to send ryan2754 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ryan2754's Have/Want ListView ryan2754's Have/Want List
Normally I never receive this crap, but I did thi time...

2nd in Posts [6480] in OH-IO
(only 1600 behind Val)

“If Brad Stevens is the future of coaching in college basketball, the sport is in a good place.” - Rick Pitino

junichi
posted December 14, 2011 11:07 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for junichi Click Here to Email junichi Send a private message to junichi Click to send junichi an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View junichi's Have/Want ListView junichi's Have/Want List
Both e-mail went straight to the bin.

If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half assed. That's the American way. - Homer

Thanos
posted December 14, 2011 11:37 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
This is the same person that tried to sell the Beta Box awhile back in Florida (Florida number in the email).

The real Daniel Chang has stated:

quote:
Originally by Daniel Chang:

If you can, please comment and let everyone know to contact me directly if they really have an issue. Also, state that it is a fraud.

WeedIan
posted December 14, 2011 11:54 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
I love that it says don't tell anyone on here. That's the best part about it all.

13th in posts on MOTL
Top 5 in Refs in Ontario (by people who location posted)

coasterdude84
posted December 14, 2011 12:03 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for coasterdude84 Click Here to Email coasterdude84 Send a private message to coasterdude84 Click to send coasterdude84 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View coasterdude84's Trade Auction or SaleView coasterdude84's Trade Auction or Sale
That phone number is listed to Tallahassee, FL. I bet it's our favorite scammer again...

I'm just disappointed I didn't get it.

Jazaray
posted December 14, 2011 03:11 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Jazaray Click Here to Email Jazaray Send a private message to Jazaray Click to send Jazaray an Instant MessageVisit Jazaray's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thanos:
This is the same person that tried to sell the Beta Box awhile back in Florida (Florida number in the email).

The real Daniel Chang has stated:

So, you've been in contact with Daniel Chang and told him what was going on? Just want to know because I was planning on emailing him myself.

Thanks,
Jazaray

A delicate face,
A soft warm embrace,
And a whole lot of bedroom pizzazz.

WeedIan: Jazaray is like MOTL's Mom.

Jaz is now selling Tupperware! Help her out! ;)

Thanos
posted December 14, 2011 03:33 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jazaray:
So, you've been in contact with Daniel Chang and told him what was going on? Just want to know because I was planning on emailing him myself.

Thanks,
Jazaray

Yes, Daniel is aware of the situation.

He also asked me to post this:

Dear MOTL members,

Please disregard any postings from the fraudulent member online.  We signed up for an account trying to respond to postings, but apparently there is a hacker or bot either producing fraudulent emails internally or externally.

If you have any questions, contact me at: daniel@gradedmagiccards.com

Thank you,

Daniel Chang

www.gradedmagiccards.com

Sincerely,

Daniel Chang
President and CEO
GMTG: Graded Magic Cards, LLC

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Thanos on December 14, 2011]

jshields
posted December 14, 2011 04:18 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for jshields Click Here to Email jshields Send a private message to jshields Click to send jshields an Instant MessageVisit jshields's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I got an email from him about a month ago, blocked him, and promptly reported it as (we all obviously know) spam!

LemonMeringue
posted December 14, 2011 05:08 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LemonMeringue Click Here to Email LemonMeringue Send a private message to LemonMeringue Click to send LemonMeringue an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LemonMeringue's Trade Auction or SaleView LemonMeringue's Trade Auction or Sale
I wonder what exactly he was planning to do if someone went out to Washington to meet in a public place?

farsk8dutch
posted December 14, 2011 10:38 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for farsk8dutch Click Here to Email farsk8dutch Send a private message to farsk8dutch Click to send farsk8dutch an Instant MessageVisit farsk8dutch's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View farsk8dutch's Have/Want ListView farsk8dutch's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Jazaray:

Thanks,
Jazaray

I didn't see it on my calender it must be help out a RIPPER DAY! Maybe it's just because he didn't actually rip anyone while using this site. Why anyone would help out a confirmed ripper is beyond me.

Maybe you forgot this, or maybe not, or it just doesn't matter?
http://classic.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/025202.html

I understand that others don't mind dealing with degenerate thieves because they want something and it obviously doesn't matter what type of person it is as long as they have what it is they need.

AlmostGrown
posted December 15, 2011 06:16 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AlmostGrown Click Here to Email AlmostGrown Send a private message to AlmostGrown Click to send AlmostGrown an Instant MessageVisit AlmostGrown's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AlmostGrown's Have/Want ListView AlmostGrown's Have/Want List
I'm fairly sure that in the above cases it was a scammer who stole his (internet) identity and tried to use it.

Devonin
posted December 15, 2011 06:20 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Devonin Click Here to Email Devonin Send a private message to Devonin Click to send Devonin an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Devonin's Have/Want ListView Devonin's Have/Want List
Except this was an ebay auction in that linked thread above. Presumably they were using the "contact seller" button on eBay, so unless his eBay account itself was entirely hacked, it was presumably actually him that farsk8 was dealing with no?

Thanos
posted December 15, 2011 06:30 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AlmostGrown:
I'm fairly sure that in the above cases it was a scammer who stole his (internet) identity and tried to use it.

No, the eBay case was the real person.

Motl has no control over what happens on eBay, but if someone is farming the emails here and impersonating someone, everyone has a right to know, including the person being impersonated.

I was ripped off by Channelfireball, but through eBay, not this site.

They still deal here.

I've sent Daniel Chang literally thousands of dollars worth of cards and aside from expected delays, I've really had no problems.

I'm not condoning what happened in the other case, I just wanted to get the facts out there over these emails.

Jazaray
posted December 15, 2011 10:58 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Jazaray Click Here to Email Jazaray Send a private message to Jazaray Click to send Jazaray an Instant MessageVisit Jazaray's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by farsk8dutch:
I didn't see it on my calender it must be help out a RIPPER DAY! Maybe it's just because he didn't actually rip anyone while using this site. Why anyone would help out a confirmed ripper is beyond me.

Maybe you forgot this, or maybe not, or it just doesn't matter?
http://classic.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/025202.html

I understand that others don't mind dealing with degenerate thieves because they want something and it obviously doesn't matter what type of person it is as long as they have what it is they need.

Of course I haven't forgotten, and yes, it matters to me. What happened to you was quite awful and I would never deal with gradedmagiccards myself because of it. But "help out a Ripper Day?" Really? NOT informing Daniel Change would be "helping out a ripper". Danny Cheung has used these types of emails and scams many, many times on our MOTLers. We need to inform the community at large about this, and letting Daniel Chang know so that he can inform others is the right thing to do here.

Thanks,
Jazaray

A delicate face,
A soft warm embrace,
And a whole lot of bedroom pizzazz.

WeedIan: Jazaray is like MOTL's Mom.

Jaz is now selling Tupperware! Help her out! ;)

Bagbokk
posted December 15, 2011 11:09 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bagbokk Click Here to Email Bagbokk Send a private message to Bagbokk Click to send Bagbokk an Instant MessageVisit Bagbokk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:

Did you miss the part where it's not actually Chang that's scamming these people, but an IMPERSONATOR? So apparently we should continue letting this guy impersonate Daniel Chang just because you have an issue with him? Did you forget about all of the potential victims of this scam, or is it just that having other innocent people scammed is perfectly worthwhile as long as you get to see Chang's reputation damaged?

Sure, Chang's probably more worried about protecting his own name (as I would be), but getting this information out to the community, including through him (who can help reach a large part of the Magic community), helps the community protect themselves from being scammed by the impersonator. And that is MUCH more important than your individual, personal issue against him, no matter how valid it may be.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Bagbokk on December 15, 2011]

revenger
posted December 15, 2011 02:07 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for revenger Click Here to Email revenger Click to send revenger an Instant MessageVisit revenger's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View revenger's Have/Want ListView revenger's Have/Want List
I didn't receive the emails. Pity. But I am confused about something. Is this a ripper impersonating a ripper? That makes alot of sense, NOT! that's like christians against christ.

Vote for Revenger! Vote for the 2011 Motl awards! Big Bird, Marlboro, Homer Simpson, Blank 3(New TV Show), Blank 5 (Most likely to go on a murdereous rampage), Siskel & Ebert. Cast your vote for Revenger!

revenger
posted December 15, 2011 02:09 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for revenger Click Here to Email revenger Click to send revenger an Instant MessageVisit revenger's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View revenger's Have/Want ListView revenger's Have/Want List
I didn't receive the emails. Pity. But I am confused about something. Is this a ripper impersonating a ripper? That makes alot of sense, NOT! that's like christians against christ.

Vote for Revenger! Vote for the 2011 Motl awards! Big Bird, Marlboro, Homer Simpson, Blank 3(New TV Show), Blank 5 (Most likely to go on a murdereous rampage), Siskel & Ebert. Cast your vote for Revenger!

nderdog
posted December 15, 2011 07:42 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for nderdog Click Here to Email nderdog Send a private message to nderdog Click to send nderdog an Instant MessageVisit nderdog's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nderdog's Have/Want ListView nderdog's Have/Want List
Sweet! I got yet another set of the emails. Apparently he's not even smart enough to filter out the mods.

All your Gruul Nodorogs are belong to me. Trade them to me, please!

Report rules violations.

Remember the Auctions Board!

Thanos
posted December 15, 2011 07:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nderdog:
Sweet! I got yet another set of the emails. Apparently he's not even smart enough to filter out the mods.

Same here.

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Open Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League