Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Best deck in Modern

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Best deck in Modern
Bop448
posted December 05, 2012 05:25 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bop448 Click Here to Email Bop448 Send a private message to Bop448 Click to send Bop448 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Hey guys. Nearly finshed my Standard deck and looking to make a modern deck.

I use to play Afinity when it was standard, whats it like these days in modern?

Thanks

Nick

skizzikmonger
posted December 05, 2012 05:56 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for skizzikmonger Click Here to Email skizzikmonger Send a private message to skizzikmonger Click to send skizzikmonger an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
GP Chicago Top 8

That will give you an idea of what's played

caquaa
posted December 05, 2012 06:15 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
Thats what so interested about modern, there isn't a best deck. Jund just has game vs everything, but no decks that it gets a pass on. I'm sure we'll keep seeing different iterations of similar decks, but there is bound to be new things popping up as well.

choco man
posted December 05, 2012 01:13 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for choco man Click Here to Email choco man Send a private message to choco man Click to send choco man an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View choco man's Have/Want ListView choco man's Have/Want List
if cost is a consideration, it's also easier to build a modern deck that has some of the cards you already play in standard.

having 4 snapcaster mage in standard helps you out if you also want to play a deck using 4 snapcaster in modern.

Zeckk
posted December 05, 2012 05:21 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Zeckk Click Here to Email Zeckk Send a private message to Zeckk Click to send Zeckk an Instant MessageVisit Zeckk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Zeckk's Have/Want ListView Zeckk's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by choco man:
if cost is a consideration, it's also easier to build a modern deck that has some of the cards you already play in standard.

having 4 snapcaster mage in standard helps you out if you also want to play a deck using 4 snapcaster in modern.

Agreed. That's actually quite a bit of overlap in standard and modern right now. I would also recommend picking up SOM fastlands as soon as possible before the demand spikes their price again. Jund uses almost as many fastlands as they do fetches, and only like 4-5 shocks.

wild-ravager
posted December 09, 2012 06:09 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for wild-ravager Click Here to Email wild-ravager Send a private message to wild-ravager Click to send wild-ravager an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View wild-ravager's Have/Want ListView wild-ravager's Have/Want List
Very true I finally found the list I wanted due to a previous post about using snapcasters since I have 4 and went through hell to get them I want to use them as much as possible

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League