Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  How safe is it to do larger transactions with newer members?

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   How safe is it to do larger transactions with newer members?
PriestsofGix
posted August 20, 2010 10:43 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for PriestsofGix Send a private message to PriestsofGix Click to send PriestsofGix an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View PriestsofGix's Trade Auction or SaleView PriestsofGix's Trade Auction or Sale
So I'm selling some stuff, and I was wondering how safe it is to sell larger amounts to newer members? I take paypal, they send payment first obviously, but what about chargebacks? Are there precautions I should be taking to avoid these risk?

Info appreciated!

Malice327
posted August 20, 2010 11:02 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Malice327 Click Here to Email Malice327 Send a private message to Malice327 Click to send Malice327 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
well, with larger orders, insist on registered mail for newer users, and with any paypal transaction, i am sure a tracking number would make it less likely that they would be able to do a chargeback.

Jtrade77
posted August 21, 2010 12:24 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Jtrade77 Send a private message to Jtrade77 Click to send Jtrade77 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I don't mind doing $100+ transactions with new members, but they pay me first with a money order or concealed cash. Paypal gift may also work for this, but it hasn't come up.

I do not take normal paypal or checks from new members.

PriestsofGix
posted August 22, 2010 05:49 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for PriestsofGix Send a private message to PriestsofGix Click to send PriestsofGix an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View PriestsofGix's Trade Auction or SaleView PriestsofGix's Trade Auction or Sale
But if you ship registered, what exactly can they do to get around that, JTrade? I am dealing with a new member now who keeps trying sleazy ways to pinch pennies (Oh, just a dollar short of your payment in my PP account!), and I'm a bit concerned.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League