Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  WhiteLion Games ripped me off - any suggestions?

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   WhiteLion Games ripped me off - any suggestions?
shoprider
posted August 02, 2010 10:37 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for shoprider Click Here to Email shoprider Send a private message to shoprider Click to send shoprider an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
So i placed an order with WhiteLion Games early this month. They had tons of refs on FMC so i figured it was safe.

I sold them some cards, bought some cards, and paid the difference via paypal.
After a few weeks and not hearing anything from them, i tried to contact them via their site's webform.

After getting no reply after 3 days, i tried again and still got no reply.

the only contact i got from them was when i first placed the order and i emailed to ask where i needed to mail the cards (they replied the same day).

Today (almost a month since my order) i got an email from bidwicket telling me that Whitelion games had cancelled my order.

I've never dealt with an online dealer that so blatently ripped me off and ignored all my attempts to contact them. I'm not sure if there's anything i can do to get my cards back or anything.

has anyone dealt with them before and had a similar situation as mine? If so, how did you get them to fix it please?

Because they had many refs on FMC, i'm sure many had good experiences with them but pls don't post on this thread about "i ordered from them and had no problems" etc...

I'm looking advice on the best way to get this order situation resolved (or at least have them contact me rather than ignoring my emails).

They have a contact number on the site but it's during my work hours and it's long distance for me to call so i'd prefer not to go that route if i can.

thanks for any help you can provide.

caquaa
posted August 02, 2010 10:47 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
Just use a cell phone to call them on a lunch break or something?

RJM
posted August 06, 2010 05:41 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for RJM Click Here to Email RJM Send a private message to RJM Click to send RJM an Instant MessageVisit RJM's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View RJM's Have/Want ListView RJM's Have/Want List
Did you get a Delivery Confirmation # on the package you sent for your trade-in cards? Because it sounds to me like maybe they never received, or misplaced, or lost, your actual trade in.

A lot of online dealers that do trades, will only hold your order/trade for so long without receiving something before canceling it.

There's possibly a glitch in communication going on here. Like the previous poster said, if you've got a number for them... Call it. If it's really that much in card value to you, wouldn't you rather pay the few cents extra for what's probably a 5 minute long distance phone call?

Good luck getting things fixed. This kind of deal going wrong is a really crappy feeling.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by RJM on August 06, 2010]

gcowhsu
posted August 06, 2010 08:49 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for gcowhsu Click Here to Email gcowhsu Click to send gcowhsu an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View gcowhsu's Trade Auction or SaleView gcowhsu's Trade Auction or Sale
They cancel orders you have to call them. They have a phone number on their website.

here is my dealings with them
http://classic.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/024289-2.html#31

Email solves nothing

[Edited 2 times, lastly by gcowhsu on August 06, 2010]

shoprider
posted August 07, 2010 01:05 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for shoprider Click Here to Email shoprider Send a private message to shoprider Click to send shoprider an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
yeah. so i guess i will give them a call.
man, what a hassle.

i'll update after i call them.

it wouldn't be so stressful if they just answered my emails.

hopefully they won't charge me to have my cards shipped back or anything.

boootlegger
Banned
posted August 09, 2010 03:02 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for boootlegger Click Here to Email boootlegger Send a private message to boootlegger Click to send boootlegger an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
What I suggest is for you to either contact the vendor yourself or contact Greg Woodruff who owns FMC and have them booted off the site.

Ive handled many dealers and know how to deal with them as I am one of them.....kinda.

LMK,

BL

shoprider
posted August 09, 2010 06:16 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for shoprider Click Here to Email shoprider Send a private message to shoprider Click to send shoprider an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
ok so update: i was going to call them today (monday) but i got an email in my inbox saying that my order was shippable. then later today i got an email saying my order had shipped.

i am grateful that it looks like things are going to work out in the end but i'm never buying off these jerks again.

is no customer service better than bad customer service? - or does it equate to the same thing.

i'll give it a week to see if i receive my cards and if i don't get anything, i'll give them a call.

I saw your post gcowhsu and that really sucks.

thanks for the tip bootlegger. i'm going to email greg and let him know about my crappy experience with white lion games if i end up getting screwed on my purchase.

thanks to everyone else for their take and advice.

white lion games sucks.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by shoprider on August 09, 2010]

Lantis
posted August 09, 2010 07:20 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Lantis Click Here to Email Lantis Send a private message to Lantis Click to send Lantis an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I've always called them if I had any trouble in the past. Speaking to a real life person is always the way to go.

Think the only reason I deal with them though is when I need a booster box in the DFW area (they would always meet me somewhere).

gcowhsu
posted August 10, 2010 11:01 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for gcowhsu Click Here to Email gcowhsu Click to send gcowhsu an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View gcowhsu's Trade Auction or SaleView gcowhsu's Trade Auction or Sale
No you HAVE to call them. Just because it is shipped means nothing with WLG. Call them and make sure it shipped they may just cancel it again. The reason is because their warehouse manager knows very little about Magic and he just handles the shipping. All their transactions need to be approved by someone else who knows the game. He will reject transactions that he does not find favorable to his business.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League