Although MOTL is targeted at a teenage and adult audience, we welcome the participation of younger users with their parents' consent. We strongly recommend that users 12 and under refrain from offering any personal information either in their user profile or in the message boards themselves, and we encourage parents to stay involved in the online life of their children.
Please view a copy of the parental permission form. Prior to a child's registration on the bulletin board, this form must be signed by the child's parent or legal guardian and sent to the Magic Online Trading League by either fax to 510-217-6857, or mail to 2154 University Ave., Berkeley, CA 94704
All users, regardless of age, must comply the following Posting Rules:
1. The trading, buying, or selling of illegal or age-controlled material and items is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, counterfeit items (including "proxy" cards), items that infringe on a company's trade or service marks, drugs of any kind, alcohol, tobacco, firearms, and adult material.
2. Spamming, flooding, scrolling, etc. are strictly prohibited. This includes posting topics or replies that have no other purpose but to advertise another site or product, posting the same topic repeatedly, and using an excessive number of non-word characters in a post or subject title. You should not use more than three (3) non-word (i.e. punctuation) characters in a row.
3. Please use a respectable degree of maturity when posting here. Don't swear (this includes ASCII swearing, where letters are replaced with punctuation characters) and don't pick fights with other members. Please keep your posts appropriate and on topic.
4. Do NOT post topics advertising cards you don't have for trade! This includes listing cards you may own, but are not willing to trade. Doing so causes the search engine to produce incorrect results, and thus will be considered an abuse of the site.
5. Do not use ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. Don't put your subject in ALL CAPS, and don't write in it either. It's like yelling and it's really annoying. It's common netiquette not to write in ALL CAPS, so don't do it. This includes posting message titles in mostly CAPS. Do not try to loophole the rules, your post will still be closed or deleted.
6. Only post topics in their appropriate forums! If you post a topic in a forum where it does not belong it will be either moved, or more likely, deleted. If you do this repeatedly, you will be banned. Also, do not post the same topic in more than one forum.
7. Do NOT post more than one "up" post per day. An "up" post is a reply that is made to a thread that has no other purpose than to move that thread to the top of the forum display list. It is acceptable to post updates, but repeatedly posting a reply just for the sake of moving your post up is no better than spamming the board.
8. Do not post more than one new topic every two days in each of the trading forums. This rule does not apply to replies, only new topics.
Those who fail to abide by these rules will have their posts deleted. Severe offenses will result in the revoking of posting privileges. If you have any questions, please read the FAQ or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for adhering to these rules.